My favorite thing about Boruto so far is the salt from certain Naruto fans over the fact that they DARED to have a minor female character (who was always known to be a heavy eater) gain weight as she aged. Like it’s seriously funny.
jeez okay uh,,, im That Guy most definitely so here goes
i have one (1) – that Mentioned Scene which infused me with life eternally where peter told gamora the david hasslehoff story whilst drunk (iconic, i love them, i would die for them, they are so bad at feelings but theyre in love okay u guys) also involved:
- peter lying down on the floor at some point and refusing to move (”my bed is r’ly hard g’mora” “that’s the floor” “huh …. ‘kay, i l’v here now i guess”)
- gamora gently but awkwardly draping a blanket over him and then happily taking his bed, bc captain’s quarters obviously has the biggest bed, lit
- at some point (probably before he lies face down on the floor) peter gives gamora a hug, bc he is super duper drunk, and she nearly misses the fact that he mutters “you smell real pretty” bc she’s mentally going through a list of reasons why his hug most certainly does not make her feel safe
- that’s ridiculous. he smells a little weird. he’s drunk. that’s ridiculous. shut up, gamora, you’re a highly trained assassin. you’re not going all warm and fuzzy because a drunk idiot is hugging you.you’re not
- (i mean objectively peter gives great hugs but thats just my opinion. im sure gamora agrees)
- peter also probably says something like “you’re like my bestest friend in the universe” in a slurred voice from the floor, Post-David Hasslehoff Story (bc gamora had listened so intently and seriously and told him in a very genuine voice that she would like to hear more of his stories later, and fiercely squeezed his arm to prove her point – the squeeze was a little bit hard and may or may not be a little sore the next morning but peter doesn’t care, it’s the sentiment of the thing) – to which gamora finally eases up a bit and says “you’re mine as well” in a v soft voice
- ????? idk?????? peter probably tries to teach gamora the lyrics to hooked on a feeling after waking up at two in the morning that same night. it turns into an annoying sleepover (hes that kid who;s like “do pigeons have feelings?” in the middle of the night u feel) and she throws the comforter from the bed over his head on the floor to muffle his voice bc the room is warm anyway and it’s bad for her health to have to keep telling herself that his idiot half-incoherent ramblings are not in any way endearing
- who even came up with that word anyway, it’s useless and horrible
Remember when r/verdale baited y'all into watching the show even though one of the actresses confirmed there wasn’t going to be any wlw romance on the show but y'all still supported it and watched it till the end but now we have a show that basically confirmed romance between the black bi girl and the muslim lesbian but you don’t give a shit “its not your kind of show” fuck y'all
Ik theres this big cringe trend lately, but if its just kids having harmless fun and arent doing any damage ( harrassing, stealing, overbearing strangers, etc) just let them be
Nothing sucks more than having a good time, that isnt distressing anyone, and to be ridiculed for it. Remember that while it isn’t your place to babysit anyone it’s also not your place to ruin a good experience
what you say:
go get a glass of water when you’re thirsty
what i hear:
recognize your body’s signs of thirst before you’re extremely dehydrated, somehow get up in the middle of your current task before you forget that you’re thirsty, leave your room, walk down the hall, go into the kitchen, find the cupboard, choose a cup, put water in the cup, and go back down to your room. do all of this without forgetting what you’re doing in the middle of the process and without getting distracted, keeping everything in your working memory and not getting stalled between any of the steps. then, smoothly resume the task where you left off (which requires remembering what you were doing before), and sip from the glass periodically until it is gone or you are no longer thirsty (which requires remembering that the water is there and repeatedly interrupting yourself to get a sip, while monitoring your body’s signals). i expect you to do this multiple times every day, automatically, on a fixed schedule that aligns with your body’s needs
Jon Robyns, Adam Linstead, and the Student Ensamble
I feel like Adam Linstead gets crap for playing Grantaire. People say he’s takes the role too goofy, but have you heard to this version of Drink With Me? It’s the best version I’ve ever heard, and I’ve heard a lot of different versions.
I feel like the chemistry between Jon and Adam as Enjolras and Grantaire is a bond that isn’t like any other character. For God’s Sake, do you hear the emotion in his voice? It’s literally heartbreaking. The first time I heard it, which was on Pandora, my heart sank like it never has before. Like the e/R feels really got to me and ugh I can’t even.