1. POWER OFF Turn off your electronics - or at least, ignore them! Yes, the oh mighty difficult task we all face in this modern era. If you have alarms set, then you’ll obviously need to leave your device on, but make sure you don’t use them for at least 30 minutes before bed!
2. DECLUTTER Take at least 5 minutes to declutter and organize your room before you go to bed. If we’re being realistic, it’s more than likely to bore you… But on the plus side, at least your room will be cleaner! If that doesn’t suit, rearrange things. This could be your notes, your room, clothes, whatever!
3. BUILD HABITS Try take some time to relax and unwind. Go take off your makeup, have a shower, make a warm beverage, read a book, write a to do list, journal about your day. Just do something that doesn’t involve screens, will help you distress and worry less about the day to come.
If you can, try exercise at least 30 minutes per day. This will help fatigue your body and make it easier to fall asleep. Of course, this may not suit everyone, it is just a suggestion.
Soothing aromas + sounds — definitely a key way to calm your inner self. You could also try slowing down your breathing which will decrease your heart rate, therefore making you more relaxed.
Make sure your rooms is dark and at a good temperature! You don’t want unexpected light coming in and waking you up - unless you want to get woken up by the sun. A good temp also allows you to sleep throughout the night without being woken up by the heat or cold.
Try not to think about things right before you go to sleep. Especially things you need to do tomorrow, mistakes you’ve made, assignments due etc. If you’re going to think about anything, think about happy thoughts, memories, upcoming events. You don’t need to go to bed with negativity.
cook something! make a healthy snack, cookies, a smoothie
paint your nails
give yourself (or someone else) a makeover
online shopping (retail therapy what can I say)
watch a comedy on netflix
organize your closet, drawers, bookshelf, anything that needs organizing
watch funny youtube videos
take a nap!
read one of your favorite books
order takeout and watch a movie
wear your comfiest pajamas
write in your journal/diary
do some light yoga
listen to music with your eyes closed while lying your bed (one of my personal favorites)
listen to music while reading a book
scroll through social media (i.e. tumblr, pinterest, instagram, youtube, facebook, etc.)
always remember to make time to relax and unwind!!! i know its not always easy, and i’m a bit of a hypocrite bc i personally don’t destress as much as i should, but it’s a learning process. good luck! hugs, mel.
in honor of the new artwork we were blessed with and the fact that otabek’s love will not LET US REST, i give to you more ways in which otabek is super soft for yuri:
yuri does this thing right before he genuinely laughs where his eyebrows twitch just a little and he huffs out a small breath. every time it happens, otabek’s heart stops just a little bit.
whenever yuri talks about something he loves, his smile widens, his eyes soften, and he curls his fingers just so. otabek watched him do it once at a group dinner when he was retelling a story about something the two of them did together and he had to leave the table to collect himself.
once they got really comfortable with each other, they would often mention how much they love and appreciate having the other as a friend and a confidante. the first time otabek made yuri laugh and turn to him saying, “i love you so much,” in person, he felt so blessed that this person who was his inspiration for so long was suddenly his friend and found inspiration in him too.
when they get the chance to spend time together in the summer, they still train. yuri does this thing before he starts running where he bounces up and down on his toes a little bit to get himself in the zone. after a few visits together, otabek finds himself adopting the habit and doing the same thing whether they’re together or not.
we’ve already seen that yuri is a really tactile person. otabek is definitely not used to it at first, but over time he learns to really appreciate it. whenever they’re out doing something and he feels a little tug at his sleeve, he automatically smiles and turns around without saying anything, prepared to see whatever it is yuri wants to show him.
otabek’s favorite time to watch yuri is when he’s super absorbed in something and not paying attention to his surroundings. he gets really focused and his mouth opens up just a little bit, and when he comes across something he finds really interesting, his eyebrows shoot up before he looks around for otabek so he can share it. it always makes otabek’s heart melt that he’s the first person yuri thinks to show.
once they start dating, they purposely plan one big thing to do when they’re in the same city for competitions. since they’re always competing, they like to take a little time for each other to relax and unwind. one time at an art museum, otabek found a room full of ridiculous modern art and they spent an hour coming up with crazy stories and meanings for each piece. otabek is laughing at a joke yuri cracked about a giant metal sculpture that looks like a butt when yuri goes totally silent. otabek turns to look at him, and his face is totally soft and he just whispers, “i’m so in love with you.” otabek spent ten minutes sitting on a bench so he could stop shaking while yuri made fun of him and rubbed little circles into his back.
when yuri is really sleepy, he calls otabek baby, and otabek will always gather him up his arms and just…bask? because he’s so content and in love and it’s so gross and he’s so happy?
otabek’s favorite nickname for yuri is honey bee because yuri makes everything feel golden and sweet. yuri only pretends to hate it the first few times he says it.
Bad Juju (as my mother calls it) is when you’ve attracted negative/heavy energy. This can be just not regularly cleansing, others casting the energy onto you, or visiting places that attract negative energy (busy public transportation stations, graveyards, toxic work environment, etc.). This can really put stress onto you, such as creating bad dreams, accumulation of small and annoying incidents, and just constant bad days. Here’s what I what do to get rid of this juju HARD:
1) Clean your entire living space. Whether it is an apartment or house: CLEAN. If your bad juju is particularly bad, DEEP-CLEAN. Wash your floors, deep clean your carpets, scrub those countertops. Act like you’re about to get a ton of guests over in a very short amount of time. Do laundry also!
2) Purge. Throw out expired food, trash, recycling, etc. Yes, it can be part of cleaning, but this is important. My mother and I used to throw out the dirty mop water from our windows before I moved out into an apartment. Now, I throw out my trash at the end of every clean session.
3) Burn cleansing incense. Sage (white or different variation), Palo Santo, Sweetgrass, Patcholi, or any other incense that makes you feel clean. Burn this after you’re done cleaning.
4) Listen to witch playlists or instrumentals that get you going. There’s plenty of these playlists on Youtube. I love listening to Slavic Drums and songs while I clean, as the drums really get me motivated.
5) Cleanse your bed. Take out the sheets, pillow cases, and blanket/comforter. Wash them all and/or replace with new sheets, pillow cases, and blanket/comforter. Then, dose your bed with sage or palo santo. I prefer palo santo as it’s easier to obtain and more ethical than sage.
6) Take a shower/bath and cleanse. By this point, you have worked up a sweat. Not only is a shower great, but you can visualize cleansing yourself in the shower/bath. Ultimately, you need to unwind and relax.
7) Meditate. If you can or want to, meditation really helps. Guided meditations are on Youtube. I personally listen to instrumentals and visualize peaceful places and really concentrate on the details of the location. 15 minutes minimum.
8) Drink water. Hydration is very, very important. A natural cleanser for your body, but it will really help with relaxing and feeling clean and better.
I welcome you to add more to the list and you can add/change to your own routine! I’m also interested in hearing how other people get rid of bad juju! :)
Summary: Bucky offers to teach you how to play pool, but he ends up in a slightly awkward predicament. Characters: Bucky x Reader Warnings: Language, lots of innuendos, Bucky being little shit Story prompt: “I made the mistake of thinking ‘This
can’t get weirder.’ Sorry.”
A/N: First time I’ve done a writing challenge of any kind, thanks @jurassicbarnes for letting me take this one! I haven’t written anything fluffy in awhile, this felt necessary, and it may require a smutty style follow-up. Also, while I may be a complete shit talker IRL,
I am terrible at pool and don’t know what I’m doing, so hopefully this
makes sense. And I really need to find someone to edit my wordy ass…
a little known fact – you adored dive bars. Everything smells musty?
Great. All the tables feel sticky? Perfect. The decor resembles a 1970’s porn
a complete contradiction to your work persona. Your name was uttered in hushed,
reverent tones in the halls of the Avengers compound, commonly followed by the
phrase ‘that woman gets shit done.’
Frankly, you worked your ass off to get to this point, so the satisfaction of
being known as the one who was always cool, always calm, always poised – it was
a heady feeling.
because of your rigid work environment that you gravitated toward the
local bar. It was one place you could let your guard down, unwind and relax.
Distancing your professional and personal life was a necessary ingredient in
your sanity, a dichotomy you actively encouraged.
then one day out of nowhere, Bucky Barnes swaggered into your life.
It was the first week you had been dating Namjoon and you were enjoying it. He had asked you out a week prior and it was one of the happiest moments of your entire life. Without a second thought you had happily agreed, saying you wouldn’t want anything else, and you had never seen a bigger smile on his face then in that moment.
Namjoon had asked you if you wanted to spend the say with him and you had agreed, the idea of spending time with your new boyfriend sounding more entertaining than anything else you had planned for the day. So there you were, walking along the river side, the sun having just set in the distance and darkness surrounding you and Namjoon.
The stars were making an appearance in the sky and you couldn’t help it as you let a small yawn, stretching your arms up and into the air. You swore if you had stood on your tip toes you would have been able to grab a cloud and feel the fluff against your finger tips. It was a beautiful sight as the stars glinted off the water and reflected back into your eyes, and you listened gently as Namjoon continued to talk about something that happened to him a couple of days ago.
It was one of the most peaceful moments you had ever experienced, being here with somebody you cared so much about and being able to spend time together. You took a deep breath, turning to look at Namjoon and smiling as you nodded along to what he was saying. As the two of you continued walking, you found yourself getting more and more drowsy, the day finally catching up with you.
Warnings: sex, 18+ gif under cut , slight choking like not really but sort off
“Hey Brett.” One his team mates called to the wolf who
followed the direction they were pointing in and spotted you arguing with a boy
you’d hooked up with at a party a few nights before.
“Yeah, what?” He asked the team mate who frowned.
“Aren’t you two together.” The question had Brett rolling
his eyes. He couldn’t exactly explain that you were both werewolves and used
sex as a way to get through each other’s heat or to help each other to get back