Boys I’ve kissed:
1. I don’t regret it but my god why did you have to be the first one.
2. Every moment I spent with you was another scar on my heart.
3. I don’t remember it and probably you don’t either and that’s okay.
4. Once upon a time I thought I was going to marry you, but now I’d do anything to take those years back.
5. Friends don’t do that to friends.
6. You’re the first boy who ever broke my heart, I’m scared that I’ll never find another man like you and what happens if I never do.
7. I don’t care I don’t care I don’t care I don’t care
I don’t care I don’t care.
give people the time and space they need.
but also realise when it’s time to let go of the idea of you and them together. otherwise you might miss the opportunity to meet someone who will not need the time and space in the first place.
I hope that you understand why I have chosen to let you go. I’ not saying that it’s going to be permanent or temporary. I just need a break from all of this. This was not an easy decision for me to make. The thing is, I have been thinking about this for awhile. It was all those little things that pilled on top of each other throughout the years we have been friends. I am unhappy, and I need to do what’s best for me. I will still care for you, and I will always treasure the good times we had and learn from the hardships we’ve shared. On the other hand, I don’t benefit from this friendship we’ve built, and I have let you go.
Goodbye for now // Excerpts from a letter I’ll never write