- What’s in a name? Well, as it turns out, a lot.
- Protesting a Democratic-backed bill that would classify practitioners of gay conversion therapy as “fraudulent,” online Christian group The Resurgent is claiming Democrats are trying to impinge on its religious freedom.
- Rather than calling the practice of trying to change someone’s sexual orientation "conversion therapy,“ they’ve relabeled it as ”Christian counseling.“
- "There’s no medical condition known as being gay,” representative Ted Lieu, a sponsor of the bill, told the Washington Post.
- “LGBTQ people were born perfect; there is nothing to treat them for. And by calling this what it should be, which is fraud, it would effectively shut down most of the organizations.” Read more (5/2/17)
'#OH or i could talk about the problematic nature of the dewey decimal system and how we should change the whole fucking thing' um. if you don't mind. please do?