DRRR!! movie actors!AU
I’ve had this idea in my head for quite a while now ever since I watched the end of ketsu, hear me out.
Durarara!! cast as movie actors.
- Izaya having to constantly redo the scene cuz he keeps laughing at the lines and ‘this guy is an asshole I fucking love him’ about his character.
- Ever since Mikado got the prop gun on set which would be used in the ‘ketsu’ end, he constantly rehears his lines and use the gun as he would during the set. ‘It’s for immersion’ he tells everyone. Kida grows tired of this and swaps it with a replica but one that’s an actual water-gun. Mikado still hasn’t forgiven him.
- Because of Celty’s lack of head in the series, she constantly has to wear a greenscreen wrapped around her head during set and every now and then there’s a mysterious swapping of imagery. Instead of smoke curling around where her head is supposed to be there’s now a bowl of cereal with milk being gently poured into it.
-Shizuo is a child and you would think he’s calm and collected because of the character he’s acting, but ohno, he’s a confused lil kid who constantly forgets his lines and forgets to take out his lollipop during rehearsal which has lead to a lot of scenes being re-taken.
-Despite Shizuo being kinda clumsy and forgetful, when he’s being serious (or ‘in the mood’ as Izaya so generously put it) he leaves everyone in awe of his acting.
- Akane is a fucking angel in real life as well and she clings to Akabayashi whenever he’s not acting. She also steals a lot of Shizuo’s sweets from his bag, thinking she’s being stealthy but Shizuo knows and keeps putting more candy in that specific corner of the bag so she’ll find it easier.
-Shiki has, more than once, sat in the back of the usual prop car and made money rain whilst
Lil Wayne ft Fat Joe - Make It Rain
plays in the background.
- The crew has noted Izaya is terrible at catch as they had to replace Celty’s prop head to a smaller sized water melon for him to practice with because he keeps dropping and throwing the head.
- Anri loves to pose with her sword, saying she feels like Michonne from The walking dead.
- The durarara!! cast snapping pics every time Shizuo and Izaya are near each other outside of the set (eating, walking, talking etc…) and posting it to the official DRRR!! cast twitter page #whatisthis????!?!?! #shizayaisreal?!?!?
- Erika and Walker sometimes disappears from set and aren’t found for hours. Usually they can be found in a corner reading manga or their lines.
-Shizuo and Izaya are actually best friends (like their voice actors Kamiya Hiroshi & Ono Daisuke) and cannot stop teasing each other on set.
“Be a dear and don’t forget your lines this time around?”
“Maybe I’ll forget to not throw the vending machine and you’ll end up in a hospital for a change!”
“Oh wow, nice, remember that line.”
“You think? Oh thanks.”
-The term ‘break a leg’ is forbidden to say unless you want Shizuo to actually do it.
- Mikado accidentally did stab Aoba with that pen and, although Aoba insisted he was okay, Mikado could not stop crying and apologizing to him.
- Every Friday is taco Friday. They all gather at a restaurant and have a nice time together.
- Shinra actually hates the sight of blood and once fainted during the act where he’s supposed to treat Shizuos gun shot wound on his leg. Despite knowing it’s fake, he still can’t stand the thought of seeing that dark red colour on his friends.
- Speaking of fainting, at the final confrontation with Izaya and Shizuo, neither of them could remain in character for long because of all the tension, and had to stop multiple times because of emotional stress. Shizuo, fearing he’ll actually hurt Izaya when hitting him, actually fainted after seeing the ‘in act Izaya’s face of pain’. The stress and the guilt of actually hurting his best friend was too great for him and as Izaya sat there on the floor with him, hugging him, he assured Shizuo that ‘you monster can’t hurt me, I’m Orihara fucking Izaya’. Shizuo didn’t let Izaya go for an entire hour.
Of course there’s some plot-holes and such which I can’t figure out how to solve, like their name being the same as the ‘characters’ they’re playing, but I can’t stop thinking about this AU.
I’ll prolly add more to this so stay tuned if you wish to know more. Or please come talk to me about this AU, I need to TAL K MORE DRRR.