Did you know Urban Decay brought back their Gash eyeshadow?
I went to Sephora, I looked at it, sighed, thought fondly of Gerard Way (it was the color he wore during the Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge era), and then set it back. For lo, it is an orange-toned brick/rust color on my skin.
1. BUY YOUR SKIN TONE. Whether you have pink undertones or yellow, buy the product that balances your undertones and evens out your facial color.
2. Never highlight in the center of your forehead; instead, highlight just above your brow to ensure your forehead doesnt like like a four-and-a-half head.
3. Follow your natural eyebrow shape. Not every brow has to look ig fleaky. Also, when filling in, draw your hairs in fine, controlled movements in the direction of hair growth.
4. Always always always moisturize and prime before putting on makeup to make it last, and to protect your skin.
5. When doing eyeshadow, always do your transition shade first, then your crease, and then your lid color.
6. When doing a cut crease look, apply and blend your transition shade and crease. Then, trace ONLY your physical lid with concealer. Pat the concealer to blend, and before applying any shadow to your lid, APPLY TRANSLUCENT POWDER TO THE LID. This will make your color stick and last longer.
7. Wait a few minutes for your foundation to dry before applying any concealer or powder. This ensures a smoother finish, and makes the look last longer.
8. There are 2 types of concealers you need: one with an illuminating finish, for highlighting, and one with a matte finish, for coverage. Use the illuminating one on your T Zone, and use the matte one on undereye bags and blemishes.
9. Apply setting spray between doing your brows, face, and eyes instead of just one spray at the end. Itll make your face last a lot longer.
10. To avoid fallout, and to guide your eyeliner wing and creater a sharper look, apply a line of translucent powder at the outer corner of your eye in the direction of where you want your shadow or wing to go before you apply any eye makeup.
11. Curl your lashes before mascara.
12. Have a separate blending brush for your eyeshadow. This keeps colors from being overly pigmented and makes for a cleaner blend. I recommend ths BH Cosmetics eyeshadow brush kit ($9.99 on their site).
13. Wait until your mascara is completely dry before applying a separate coat to avoid any clumping or spider lashes.
14. Applying a thin layer of transluceny powdet between coats of lipstick helps to keep it on and pigmented (it also makes any lipstick look matte).
15. Use a colored eyeshadow as your inner corner highlight if you want a subtle colored look.
16. Let your face breathe; makeup is lit and I love wearing a full face, but you need to let your skin relax and regroup to avoid clogging your pores.
17. Applying a small amount of petroleum jelly or moisturizer to your cheekbones before adding highlight will give you a fuckin blinding glo✨
18. Never ever ever sleep with makeup on
19. If you want a more natural finish, or you want to lighten the shade of your foundation, mix your foundation with some moisturizer before applying.
20. Always use a slightly lighter contour shade on your jawline than on your cheeks/nose/forehead. If your jawline is contoured too dark, it can make your face look extremely unnatural.
21. Always wet your beauty blender before using it for an easier blend.
22. Always blend your foundation into your neck and your ears to make the shade look more uniform and natural.
23. The whole concealer vs. foundation comes first debate is still a thing, but what works best for me is this order: color correcting and spot treatment concealer (for dark spots, undereye circles, pimples, etc), then foundation, then highlighting concealer.
24. If you use eyeliner on your lower waterline, apply some black eyeshadow with an eyeliner brush onto your waterline after applying pencil to make it last longer.
25. If you’re ever in a pinch, or want a monochromatic look, use a pink/red toned eyeshadow as your blush.
26. Sort of the same as number 25, but you can also use a light, shimmery eyeshadow as a highlight.
27. Everyone’s face is different; theres a look for everyone. Experiment with different shades and shapes to find the look that you think suits you best.
28. Remember, practice makes perfect!!
(bc i’m slightly tipsy and there’s already ppl shooting fireworks outside) (under a read more bc i have no control and must be stopped)
wears bright red lipstick and blue eyeshadow bc she’s feelin p a t r i o ti c
is in charge of the food
her apron says “quit bitchin’ in my kitchen”
actually the kitchen is strictly off-limits while she’s cooking get the fuck outta here
seriously one time she threw a knife at ryan’s head when he tried to grab a potato chip
goes all out for the fourth of july y’all. we’re talking buttery corn on the cob, fresh guac, fried green tomatoes, salted watermelon, mac n cheese, apple pie mmmmMMMMM
follows an old patillo family recipe to make the best goddamn potato salad this side of the mississippi river holy shit like,,, it’s so fucking good god bless the patillos
uses a secret ingredient in her potato salad that she’ll take to her grave don’t even bother asking buddy she’ll laugh in your face
(jeremy thinks it’s white wine)
(gavin thinks its cocaine)
wears leather sandals and american flag-printed board shorts why geoffrey why
is in charge of drinks
imports single malt whisky straight from scotland
then steals 2 dozen crates of bud light from the 24/7 supermarket down the street
geoff there’s literally only 15 people at this party do you really need 10 bottles of tequila
likes making mixed drinks for people who didn’t order them
his “signature drink” is called The Firecracker™
everyone’s pretty sure it’s just fireball and actual gasoline
always ends up ranting about how fucked up the american founding fathers were
“guys thomas jefferson was such a dick i fucking hate that dude”
“we know geoff”
shifts into Ultimate Dad Mode™ on the fourth of july bless his heart
unironically wears USA t-shirts from old navy and a backwards baseball cap
it makes him look * c o o l *
is in charge of the grill
looks way too comfortable using a meat cleaver and a butcher knife
ryan that’s just *beef* in those burgers right?
has an AK-47 strapped to his back just in case they come
“just in case who comes?”
likes to sing 80’s rock music while grilling
there’s a video of him belting jessie’s girl into his spatula
ryan is not aware of this video
it’s saved on jack’s laptop (encrypted and password protected)
is in charge of the music
turns into the biggest Dudebro™ on the fourth
yells ‘merica before doing anything
uses red white n blue spray-on hair color and completely fucks up the bathroom sink with it
his playlist is called “'freedom muthafukaaaas”
songs include: bruce springsteen’s “born to run”, warrant’s “cherry pie”, ELO’s “mr. blue sky” and abba’s “dancing queen”
insists on being called DJ rimmy tim for the whole day
keeps trying to get people to play pool volleyball with him
drinks anything geoff puts in front of him
he and jack end up trying to parachute from the cargobob into the pool
is in charge of the fireworks
doesn’t buy fireworks tho are you kidding me fuck that this isn’t amateur hour sON
spends all of april/may developing homemade fireworks with trevor and matt
has almost lost multiple fingers while testing their creations
also nearly blinded himself while trying to modify a bottle rocket
tbh this is the most dangerous thing he does all year and he’s a Professional Criminal for a living
created a firework that explodes in bright red brocades and makes the air smell like roses
he calls it “the lindsay”
every year there’s an illegal massive fireworks show on mt. haan that gets set up anonymously and is electronically detonated
everyone knows its the fakes but literally every person in town comes out to watch it and it’s basically a los santos tradition so the LSPD are like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
they get a tupperware of potato salad for their troubles
(it’s the best goddamn potato salad they’ve ever had)
likes to remind everyone that’s he’s british and that he’s offended by their patriotism
“congrats on your bad healthcare and shite chocolate”
paints a lil british flag on his cheek bc fuck u guys
but then #brexit rip
has the most insane shit delivered to the penthouse for Funsies™
last year it was a massive bouncy castle that blocked off the whole street
the year before he brought five thousand water ballons filled with ice, blood, flour, and some weird goo he somehow smuggled in from china
jeremy almost had to go to the hospital
geoff was not a fan
literally no one has a clue what gavin has planned for this year and they’re not sure if they should be terrified or excited
(it’s actually a lads vs gents nerf battle with tranquilizer-loaded darts)
(geoff will not be a fan)
just bc it’s a national holiday doesn’t mean they’re not heisting
jack wears his gaudiest hawaiian print
ryan switches his black face paint for blue (sometimes he’ll even add stars)
the lads load up on homemade grenades and bombs that sparkle and whizz as they detonate
they hit every major bank and big business within the city limits as the los santos sky explodes with color
on july 5th, planned parenthood, greenpeace, the national immigration law center, the trevor project, the ACLU and countless other NGOs get their annual summer donation - always impressive, always anonymous
bc the fakes know that they’re country is no longer truly the land of the free
and they may be criminals but goddamnit they’ll do their best to fix it
bc who better than america’s most wanted can give america what it needs the most?