Jason Todd Headcanon
Arkham Knight version.
1) After Arkham Knight Jason is constantly on the run and go.
2) He has PTSD, Depression, and anxiety. He needs serious mental help, but refuses to rely on anyone.
3) Jason has a phobia of clowns and refuses to go anywhere near circuses. He’s always on the look-out for them.
4) When Bruce finally finds him again they engage in a brutal fight. Even though Bruce was trying to get Jason ti come home. Jason runs away again, with an even bigger avoidance to public areas.
5) Jason locks himself wherever he can on Halloween. Just to avoid triggers.
6) Scarecrows terrify the shit out of him now. If there’s one in a cornfield he will rip it to shreds and dispose of it immediately.
7) Jason is either sixteen to eighteen during these years, so he’s some poor lanky teenager who’s barely surviving. But for some reason Jason can’t look at a homeless kid without offering them what little food he has.
8) Every time he sees the scar on his face he doesn’t see himself. He sees the joker.
9) Jason’s fighting style has changed drastically. He fights like a cornered rat, teeth bared and claws drawn. Literally no one, but Bruce has walked out alive since Arkham Knight.
10) The second time he’s tracked down it’s by Dick. Jason is completely caught off gaurd and Dick manages to avoid a fight, but Jason escapes. He doesn’t want to kill Dick.
11) From then on out Dick keeps an eye on Jason. They occasionally meet and Dick tries little by little to get Jason to come home.
12) After almost a year he finally gives in to Dick.
13) Alfred actually cries when Jason returns and everybody has almost a kind of sob fest.
14) Jason avoids Bruce at first, but Bruce lets go of his stubbornness and reaches out to Jason. Lots of hugs and choked back tears, falling asleep in each others arms.
15) They get Jason counseling and he steadily gets better. Of course one day, he’s like his old self. Sarcastic, dangerous, and intelligent. No longer some rabid child on the streets.