wow! such a nice and warm weather, it feels like spring!
me, muttering under my breath:
shut the fuck up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's JANUARY it's not supposed to be this warm yet!!!!!!!!!!! global warming is HERE and our cold snowy beautiful winters are forever history!!!!!! yet we are doing NOTHING about the case!!!!!!!! and even if we did something trump is the president of united states now and he's going to FUCK everything UP because his climate decisions will affect EVERYBODY!!!ON!THIS!PLANET! this weather is not _NICE AND WARM___ WHAT THE FUCKKK it's the awaiting HELLFIRE THAT'S RADIATING HEAT UPON US SO SHUT UP
One of the clever things about Homestuck is the way repetition is used to create a cohesive universe. This is most obviously done with the recycled artwork. You immediately can tell if a character is sleeping or angry because there is one default sleeping or angry pose that they’ll be standing in.
However, recycling artwork is easy, it’s much more difficult to continually use specific words and phrases. Commands like Ascend, Descend, and Enter become more meaningful because they serve as focal points for important moments.
Moreover, just because you’re using the same word that does not mean that they have the same meaning. Dave ascends a flight of stairs, while Jack ascends to his new rank. That further cements the feeling that everything that happens in the story is interconnected in some way, even if it’s just by a fluke of linguistics.
Do you want a 5/6IV Ditto? Of course you do, it makes breeding a good Pokemon so much easier. But chaining them’s always a hassle because Pokemon that transform only get, at max, 20PP for attacks. Make chaining a hassle, right? Makes it so you have to focus on it rather than just doing it in the background.
HERE’S A SOLUTION AND BOY IT’S A DUMB ONE
1) Catch a Munchlax/obtain the Mystery Gift Munchlax.
2) Have it relearn the move Recycle (Move Relearner can be found in the Lanakila Pokemon Center).
3) Delete all its other moves. It must know ONLY Recycle (the Move Deleter is in the Hau’oli Pokemon Center).
4) Catch/breed a Pokemon that can learn Switcheroo (Dhelmise have it as a base move, take it to the Move Relearner)
5) Give the Dhelmise a Leppa Berry.
This is the fun part. When you start to chain, follow these directions in the fight to make sure things work out.
1) Find a wild Ditto on Mt. Hokulani.
2) Make sure the Ditto transforms into Munchlax
3) Switch to Dhelmise and use Switcheroo, giving the Ditto the Leppa Berry
4) Chain as normal.
If you’ve done things correctly then it’ll never run out of PP. Once it runs out, it’ll eat the Leppa Berry. Then use Recycle and reobtain the berry, on an endless cycle until you end the chain.