Things I really hope to see out of a Jasper reform arc:
- Jasper potentially dealing with a sense of guilt or shame that she wasn’t strong enough to prevent bad things from happening to Peridot, or her hiding her own issues because she wants to keep being the superhero figure Peridot sees her as
- Related to the above, Peridot gradually discovering Jasper’s vulnerabilities and struggles and having to recontextualize her relationship with Jasper not just as someone Peridot can rely on to solve problems, but also someone that might need help, and someone Peridot might be able to help.
- Jasper evoking body language that mirrors things we have seen Amethyst do.
- Jasper having issues like PTSD or anxiety, and the idea of strength and mental illness, “you’re strong because you keep fighting, it doesn’t mean you’re weak if not every day is easy”. This being addressed and worked with on screen in a sensitive manner.
- Tying in with the above, Jasper being protective over Peridot and Peridot’s trauma because she empathizes with it and wants to be there for Peridot in a way that others may not have been able to be there for Jasper in the past.
- Potential parallels between Jasper and Pearl re feelings of inadequacy and a desire to inspire and feel admired by the people around them.
- Jasper and Peridot having genuine bonds and this being really dang cute.
- Jasper coming to terms with who Steven is, processing her history with Rose, and possibly grieving the loss of the sense of closure she seems to have come to Earth in search of. If quartz mother theory, possibly a sense of solidarity between Steven and Jasper.
- The grand untangling/processing of Jasper and Lapis and the things that happened between them.