Pokemon Pokeball Cake
Yields one 6 inch sphere cake
The things you’ll needIngredients
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¾ cup oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 ½ cups whole milk
- 2 large mixing bowls
- Rubber spatula
- Glass measuring cup
- Ro’s Ball Pan
- White, black, and red frosting in decorating bags fitted with #1A tips
- Cake tester
- Small offset spatula
- Cake turntable
- Cake board
- Small fondant rolling pin
- Small bowl powdered sugar
- 3 round cookie cutters
- Small paintbrush
- Baking spray
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, flours, baking powder, and salt.
- In another large bowl, mix together oil, egg whites, vanilla and almond extracts, and whole milk until well combined.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, mixing until well incorporated.
- Evenly divide the batter into two well sprayed halves of a ball cake pan. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from oven and allow to cool completely. Level the tops of each half.
Time to decorate!
- Use a small knife to level the round bottom of one half. Place this half on a cake board on a turntable and then top with white frosting.
- Gently press the other half of the cake down onto the frosted half to make a sphere.
- Pipe a ring of frosting around the center of the cake and then smooth with an offset spatula.
- Use a #1A tip to pipe white frosting over the bottom half of the cake. Do the same for the top of the cake with red frosting, leaving a gap in the center of the cake.
- Pipe a back ring in the gap around the center of the cake, applying even pressure all around.
- Roll out black and white fondant and then use round cutters to cut out circles. Use the largest cutter to cut out a black circle and then the 2 smaller cutters to cut out white circles.
- Use a paintbrush and water to stack the circcles together and then allow it to dry.
- Place the butto in the center of the Pokeball.
- TaDa! This Pokeball Cake catches all the flavor and fun of Pokemon for your party to enjoy!