Tagalong Cookie Cupcakes
Yields 2 dozen
The things you’ll needIngredients
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablesooons vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons heavy cream
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Cupcake Tray
- 24 red silicon cupcake liners
- Cutting board & knife
- Tagalong cookies
- Decorating bag fitted with #809 tip
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk in both sugars until evenly combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, and vanilla. Whisk in the sour cream and oil.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the sour cream mixture. Stir until well combined (do not over mix).
- Gently fold peanut butter chips into the batter.
- Line a cupcake tray and fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Beat butter until smooth and then mix in peanut butter.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Scrap down sides as needed.
- Add in vanilla and salt and then beat in cream until frosting is smooth and fluffy.
Time to decorate!
- Cut each Tagalong cookie in half.
- Scoop frosting in decorating bag fitted with a #829 tip.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool, pipe two swirls of frosting on top of each.
- Top with a half of a Tagalong cookie.