We Bare Bears
Yields 12 cupcakes
The things you’ll needIngredients
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole milk
- White sanding sugar
- Light brown sanding sugar
- Black jelly beans
- White, brown, and black candy melts
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Brown cupcake liners
- Cupcake tray
- Ice cream scoop
- Small offset spatula
- White buttercream frosting in a decorating bag fitted with #809 tip
- Black royal icing in a decorating bag fitted with #2 tip
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each addition.
- Beat in honey and vanilla extract until well combined.
- On low speed, alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk mixture to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mmixture.
- Scoop batter into lined cupcake trays and bake for 18 minutes.
Time to decorate!
- Use a #809 tip to pipe a dome of white buttercream frosting on top of each cupcake.
- Dip 8 of the cupcakes into white sanding sugar and the other 4 into brown sanding sugar.
- Place black jelly beans in the center of each cupcake - these will be the noses.
- Place black, white, or browncandy melts on each cupcake according to which bear it represents.
- Use black royal icing with a #2 tip to pipe details on the faces.
- TaDa! These honey flavored cupcakes are BEARy good!