my thoughts on Arrow 5x03
Another great episode, right guys? I mean, its not as flashy as the first nor as casually shippy as the second, but it was solid. And it took a few really interesting stories to the next level. And it showed us Oliver’s willingness to grow and change and trust. That’s pretty frickin’ huge, considering the fallout of season 4. So, without further ado, let’s dive into my random stray thoughts on “A Matter of Trust”.
- I felt like a proud mama watching Cody Rhodes. And I’m not even a wrestling fan.
- The inside jokes were top level last night. I chortled. Actual chortling happened.
- I super love Ragman. He’s causing my bb pain, but as a person, I am enjoying him a lot.
- That said, if one of the newbies is gonna die this season, my bet is on it being him and I DONT WIKE IT cuz he’s pretty awesome.
- Susan Williams is the wooooooorst.
- Legit, the first time we saw her, I was all “NOPE! DONT LIKE IT. DONT LIKE HER.” Make it stop! *sucks thumb*
- Felicity saying “I already don’t like her” was legit the best because SO MUCH SAME, FELICITY.
- That said, Thea at the end of the episode was super lit and so much like Moira and just… where was that when she fell for the whole nonsense earlier? Anyhow, hey there, Baby Moira. Nice to finally see you!
- Felicity is doing some next level avoidance of the whole Havenrock thing. It was nice to see her take a page from Oliver’s book after the press conference.
- Just give Ragman some time. I’m sure..*gulp* he’ll come around.
- DIG!!! My heart weeps for Dig! I was never more heartbroken by David Ramsey than I was last night. His despair was palpable.
- The reminder about John Jr. wasn’t so great though. Dammit, Barry.
- IMAGINING DEADSHOT. I did not see that coming. Well played, Arrow.
- Felicity telling Curtis that she and Oliver didn’t have a relationship like that anymore was the biggest load of hooey I’ve ever heard Felicity peddle. And she has tried to peddle some whoppers.
- That said, it was some AMAZING insight to her point of view right now. It’s pretty much what I thought, she’s in denial about a great many things. She’s afraid about opening up to Oliver, about this, about anything.
- Which just makes me think she’s gonna HAVE to, eventually. Fingers are so crossed.
- MOMMY AND DADDY. It’s canon. They are mom and dad. You have no idea how much that delighted me. Still delights me. Will ALWAYS delight me.
- Speaking of which: so damn married. Really, it’s just a formality at this point.
- HOWWWW did Billy Bob McRebound know about the confrontation between Prometheus and Church. HOW DOES HE KNOW THAT DUDE IS CALLED PROMETHEUS. I have a lot of questions.
- Oliver getting tips from Billy Bob McRebound is kinda hilarious and painful especially since he doesn’t know this is Felicity’s new beau.
- Curtis was laying it on a lil too thick last night. Maybe that’s just me, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- According to the promo, Felicity has the same reaction as I do to Oliver’s plan to break Dig out of jail. Is he just gonna be a fugitive the rest of his life? That’s not… a great plan, Jan.
And that’s what was going on in my brain. See you next week when an episode entitled “Penance” is sure to break our hearts at least a little bit (okay, a lot).