why do you hate the spoilers and leaks so much? at least they weren't a hoax.
I hate spoilers and leaks for sooo many reasons tbh. SO! MANY! I mean, just to name a few:
- For some reason I am way less inclined to watch a show if I get spoiled for it. I got spoiled for the last few episodes of The 100 and I STILL haven’t watched.
- They are impossible to stay away from. I never sought out the leaks or read them voluntarily, but there are always people who DON’T TAG. Even with the show currently going on, there are people who don’t tag their episode spoilers, and it’s a bummer.
- I know its a ~crazy concept~ but I actually like to be surprised when I watch my favorite shows.
- Spoilers make speculating and discussing what might happen basically impossible, which I think is half the fun of hiatuses. You can barely even talk about what might happen because inevitably someone will always chime in with “No because thE LEAKS!!” They become some kind of ~decisive argument~ and it’s irritating af.
- It’s really kind of a bummer for actors and show runners who work really hard. It has a distinct feeling of spitting right in their faces.
- For some reason there are always people who feel like spoilers give them an excuse defense or tactic approval to act like assholes. It’s really unpleasant to be around and I am not about that life.
- 9/10 times they cause nothing but trouble and discourse in fandom. Case in point: the last gd year in the GoT fandom.
(These only apply to me personally, obvs. I can’t speak for anyone else. But GOD I really just hate leaks and spoilers.)