Project Clean Up ( C.U) a.k.a See you
So lately I’ve been noticing that my lifestyle has been pretty crappy.
I missed so many days in school since I caught a cold 3 times in a row.
Another thing is that I’m always tired and out of energy even though I barely move. And if I do something its most of the time surfing on the internet.
Way too much time online while not really accomplishing anything. Thats gotta change quickly so I thought, why not making it a thing online?
Basically what this project is about:
- Shut down from the online world and get real
- Pimp your body up
- Figure stuff out and get your shit together
- sharpen your mind
Day A (Kick-off):
- Throw out your smartphone.
Not literally but today it is your challenge to keep that thing away. I know you smartass got a back up full of excuses why you have to use it but nah. I recommend the app off time ( you set your time and every app you choose will be blocked if your nasty hands dare to try open it). Most of us are straining their eyes too much by spending hours focusing on that teeny tiny lil screen. The eyes get dry and are less flexible and with the time your vision gets blurry. It won’t hurt to lessen your time online a bit.
- Is it possible to whip out a cake out of no where?
No. In order to bake a nice cake you first have to read the recipe. Pay attention to the amount of each ingredient. Make sure to use the right techniques so it won’t end up in a total mess. Double check by peeking at the instructions.
You can’t skip a step.
Now take out your planner/ journal or whatever you prefer and plan out the next weeks. Create small mindmaps for each big assignment you’ll have to deal with and split it up into smaller and smaller tasks. Your daily to-do lists are your recipe with the ingredients. The plan to have an overview over the weeks are your instructions. Be strict to yourself. I agree that there are mulitple different study techniques all over the place. And thats wonderful. However you are the one making the first step. So if you lack motivation and dedication its not going to work.
- Set up a queue on your blog. It would be ideal if you could just cut out every ‘‘dangerous’‘ distraction.
Day B (add some more goals to spice it up):
- Pick out one sports activity you want to do. Its totally fine if you’re just following a workout video in your own room. But get active. Move. Open the window and let some fresh air in. Take a walk early in the morning before starting your working session. It’s good for your heart and to get blood pumpin through your veins.
- During this long period you can pick out a book you’ve been wanting to read and write down some random topics you’re interested in. At the evening or on the weekend you can watch a documentary about those topics while having a break. Its a nice option to rest a bit but still keeping your brain awake.
- For these weeks pick out one or two things that you haven’t been practicing lately. Something you are really passionate about and something you want to improve in aside from studies or work.
In my case its drawing and playing the piano.
Maybe you haven’t been writing on your own stories lately? There’s a layer of dust on your chess board? Try it again. The emotions you experience while getting lost in something you love to do is as close to pure magic as it can get.
Now you can set your C.U. period. The rules are to keep your strict schedule. Use every minute wisely and give out your 100%.
As for me I am going to set it for 1 and a half month. The only reason why I would appear on tumblr is to post some pictures but other than that I really need a time out.
Healing time for body and mind
- Set some goals in terms of eating as well. Tame your sweet tooth and your cravings for junk food a bit. The food is not going to run away. Since I did experience some phases with eating disorders (anorexia and binge eating) I can not stress enough how important it is to be aware about what you are giving and doing to your body. Reward your body with something fresh, something nutritious but also reward yourself with small snacks here and there. Moderation is the key.
- Eat slowly. Take your time to chew properly. As soon as you do that most of you will catch yourself having the habit to swallow down everything faster than your brain can register.
Drink an apropriate amount of water. Hydration will not only benefit your skin but also keep you energized through out the day.
- Get enough sleep. That is the time your body can regenerate and prepare for the next day. Don’t turn the night into your day. It will damage your health more than most of you’d think. Even though I know a lot of you have sacrificed your sleep in order to study - don’t. Risking your health should never be an option.
Set a time. 30 minutes before that clean up everything, pack things for the next day and start to cool down.
- Take care of your skin/ hair etc. If you have accomplished many things at the end of the week you can stroll through some drug stores and buy some stuff if you like to. A nice shampoo. Try out a new cleanser. Get some face masks or essential oils. It is never wrong to have some me-time. For me it has rather proven to boost your motivation and the ability to focus.
These pamper sessions are a great way to compensate stress and just as important as raw work.
You are capable of achieving so much more than you think so gear up and be the best possible version of yourself