"Really Quite Bad at Home Repair" Bob Zimmermann
I was discussing amusing family anecdotes with @peonyaurora today and that got us thinking. Bob Zimmermann was really busy during the formative years when he might have learned about home repair, but once he retires he likes doing stuff around the house. He’s…not always successful
AKA: Bad Bob Zimmermann as unfortunate DIY things that have happened to my family members.
- Knocked a large spider off the house and onto his bare leg, tried to shoot it off with the power washer, removed some skin.
- Tried to tap a piece of the toilet hardware back into place with a hammer, shattered the entire toilet bowl
- Knocked a lamp over while carrying a 2x4 to the basement
- Superglued his own fingers together
- Lost control of a mattress he was trying to slide down the stairs and it embedded in the drywall at the bottom
- Ran over a yellow jacket’s nest with the lawn mower, panicked and ran inside. They were chasing wasps out of their house for days
- Built a table that sagged so much in the middle everyone’s glasses would slide down it.
These are some of Jack’s favorite stories to tell, especially when his parents try to embarrass him with tales of his childhood. (feel free to add your own)