So I’ve been back on tumblr for a good twenty minutes and wow the 100 fandom is kinda a wreck? Here let me just talk about all this for a minute. (warning for spoilers)
1) Can y’all quit bashing the writers because Bellarke isn’t canon right now?? I’ve seen so many people sending gross messages to the writer’s blogs saying shit like “Wow this show is just awful… such lazy writing why do you hate Bellarke fans???”
I’m sorry, but if the writers hated Bellarke, they wouldn’t be putting in any Bellarke moments. They’d probably hate each other still just like they did when they first landed on the Ground.
2) This show ISNT ABOUT ROMANCE. Yes, romance plays a part, and comes up often, but like someone else said, its about the messed up shit people do to survive. Clarke is clearly very emotionally damaged, and still isn’t ready to dive into a relationship with Lexa OR Bellamy.
3) No, Clexa wasn’t just tossed in lazily. (And no, neither was Bellarke. They’ve both got buildup.)
There is a good amount of buildup into their kiss. The gorilla scene, for one. I’m pretty sure that was the first time Lexa actually smiled. She clearly shows herself to be willing to open up in the slightest to Clarke, and plainly states that she specifically protected Clarke from the missile. Their kiss itself was not just Lexa, Clarke was kissing her back before she realised she wasn’t ready (I mean, she kinda did just kill Finn.)
4) Lexa isn’t the worst person on the planet. The Grounders are much more savage because as its been stated a number of times, that’s what they’ve had to do to survive. The Mountain Men harvested them as though they were just cattle for 97 years. Lexa’s leadership has been shown to be a bit unstable, due to both the Alliance with the other tribes and then the Skaikru. They aren’t taught to be merciful because in their minds, they can’t afford it. Lexa was raised to be a cold, calculating leader, and she’s suffered a hell of lot. No, it shouldn’t be ignored that she’s done a lot of harm, but you have to understand that this is a completely different era and a completely different culture.
5) Literally just quit harassing writers because you’re upset about a ship.