There were plenty of great scenes that were unfortunately left out of the Twilight movies. Edward removing Bella’s garter with his teeth, winking at her, and proceeding to throw it straight at Mike Newton’s face shouldn’t have been one of them.
I just want to add a heartfelt thank you to everyone who has read this, and in particular to everyone who has given kudos and left feedback. This is the first time I’ve ever had anything like this much support and I can’t get over what a wonderful feeling it it, knowing people have read something I made and enjoyed it so much. Thank you all so much for sticking with me and giving this slightly peculiar AU-but-kind-of-not a chance!
Rebelcaptain fans, Rogue One fans, you are the best!!
why everyone should read 'rivers of london'/'the peter grant series' by ben aaronovitch
• it has been described as “harry potter for adults” but only if harry potter had actual, decent diversity
• if you like the works of terry pratchett or neil gaiman, you’ll love it
• the main character is peter grant, a biracial london police officer who one day accidentally interrogates a ghost and things just kinda go a bit wild from here
• the goddesses of the rivers of london are p much all badass black women (these characters also inspired one of my favourite songs)
• sahra “muslim ninja” guleed, the woman who joined the police on a dare, is the best thing to ever happen to me
• lgbtq+ characters are never used for shock value or tokenised and are treated the same as the cis, straight characters
• there’s a muslim trans woman of colour who can fly!!!
• it’s told from peter’s pov and he constantly calls white people out on their shit i love him
• deals with themes of ethics and immortality
• it’s genuinely entertaining and the suspense is great and i love it
• harry potter would have been much better if, on his first day at hogwarts, harry said “fuck me, i can do magic”
a part of me
still holds onto us.
unable to let go,
unable to clear my mind of you.
unable to peel off your name
that’s engraved in my heart
and the heaviness that follows with every letter that falls
all the memories
and all the laughter.
All the love.
Not wanting to cut the cord that
connects me with you
Not wanting to forget
the way you used to look at me
and the butterflies that made it hard to breathe
but helped me learn to fly again.
Not willing to let go of the map that leads to you
cause our paths were meant to intersect
I ran in the opposite direction but
Everything leads back to you,
and the way you kissed me that night.
My first kiss, my first love.
More than anything
wanting you to be my last.
But this time seems like the last,
I need to let you go
because you already did
are not there
are not here
and I need to remind my heart
When two people become ever so close to each other, they begin to connect on a different level. They may know what the other is often thinking. They may begin to feel each others’ feelings. The beautiful thing about this, however, is that it can be between any two people, regardless of the kind of relationship.