I come back from the St. Williams Nursery with a $221 Plant Haul. Quite the road trip and quite the sale and nursery as expected.
The leg pain I got from crouching to look at tags quickly I did not expect however lol. So then, the list of purchased plants from the ones in the back to the front, left to right;
- Bladdernut (Staphylea trifolia)
- Swamp Rose (Rosa palustris)
- Dwarf Chiunquapin Oak (Quercus
- Chinquapin Oak (Quercus muehlenbergii)
- Flowering Dogwood (Cornus florida)
- Redbud (Cercis canadensis)
- Yellow Coneflower (Ratibida pinnata)
- Bush Honeysuckle (Diervilla lonicera)
- Groundnut Vine (Apios americana)
- Virginia Mountain Mint (Pycnanthemum virginianum)
- Virgin’s Bower (Clematis virginiana)
- Bulbet Fern (Cystopteris bulbifera)
Surprise surprise that Dwarf Chiunquapin Oak flowers while still so small! The huge majority of these fellas are staying in the greenhouse for various reasons until they either have more roots (the clematis), till an area is full-on marked for planting (the oaks), or until the new gardenspace for the coming house addition is built (basically almost everything else). There appear to be zone location origins on the tags so I may try to get my plant documentation work back in order so that said zones for these particular children can be noted.
Photographed May 20th 2017