One of my absolute favorite things about Young Justice is the mind link. Seriously, just imagine all of the crazy stuff the team can do when they can actually read each other’s minds during a mission:
- Infinite Rickrolls
- Wally making an obvious effort to not call Robin “Dick” when they’re linked and getting really frustrated
- Being spoiled about Christmas presents and surprise parties
- When one member gets hurt everyone feels it
- Dick and Wally trying to see how loud they can scream in their minds until Kaldur starts yelling at them
- Something blows up and everyone simultaneously goes “same"
- Everyone cringing when Conner and M'gann have really loud dirty thoughts about each other
- Hearing Kaldur mentally sigh at least fifteen times a mission
- When one person has a song stuck in their head, everyone gets the song in their head
- This of course leads to the entire team becoming a silent choir as they all mentally belt out Let It Go together while beating up bad guys
- When Raquel first joined, they learned that ”??????“ makes an actual sound in ones head
- Zatanna thinking backwards and giving everyone a headache
- They even linked up Wolf once just to see what it was like and they heard weird stuff like “Boy? Boy is bird?? He is puppy??? Need cuddles??? Must protect!!!” “Superboy!💗💗💗💗 Human! Best human! Best human in whole world!” “I good boy?? Treats????” “BANE BAD. KILL BANE. HE HURT BABIES?!?!?! BITE. BITE. BITE!!! I TREATS??? I DID GOOD??????” It was definitely a learning experience about how dogs work, and they also learned about how Wolf sees Robin as a small puppy in need of protection, so that was fun to tease him about.
- Conner screams even in his mind
- There is no privacy whatsoever, so that’s how the team learned things about each other that they will definitely regret knowing
- Artemis and Wally flirting all the time just to make everyone uncomfortable
- Falling asleep on stakeouts leads to seeing each other’s dreams and even interacting in them
- Once Wally had a nightmare about his father and everyone saw it, though Wally had no idea and was confused when they spent the rest of the week being really nice to him
- On really traumatic missions, sometimes one member will get flashbacks and all of them see it too
- Dick singing Bohemian Rhapsody for five hours straight
- The team learning that M'gann curses like a sailor in her head
- Kaldur mentally goes “WTF” so many times they lost count
- Silently judging everyone together
Hey, did you ever see that one movie, the one where there's this cowboy and he's the king of the castle... And then this astronaut shows up and tries to take over, so the cowboy attempts to murder him. But instead, the astronaut is taken hostage by this evil psychopath. And the cowboy has to rescue him. And then they end up becoming really good friends.
Toy Story! That's it! I love that movie.
Raquel Ervin/Rocket from Young Justice (voiced by Kali Troy aka Kittie)
Rocket is the apprentice of the superhero known as Icon and joins the team towards the end of the first season. Straightforward and bold, if inexperienced, Rocket uses alien technology called an inertia belt to store and manipulate kinetic energy. She then uses this to fly, give her some super strength, as well as create force fields. Sometime in the five year gap between seasons one and two, she joins the Justice League.