rapunzel costume

burberry-tea  asked:

Hi!! So I bought this amazing adult Rapunzel costume and tiara from this Japanese brand called Secret Honey and I want to wear them to Disneyland so much this Thursday. I wasn't able to get passes to the Halloween party before they sold out :( I'm 19 but I tend to look much younger to other people, some say that I look 13-14. Do you think if I tried wearing it that they would look up my age or would just not let me into the park :,( the struggle haha

They will clock you I promise. The guidelines for Disneyland are VERY strict when it comes to costumes on non party days and due to increased security measures they now crack down on this even more so. If you are going during a party day you will be fine, but if you are attending a regular day at the park be prepared for them to ask you to change or even deny you entry.


So, here’s a seller review for you.

DO NOT buy from angel-secret.

November 26, I ordered an Elsa cape +15 for express shipping from angel-secret on aliexpress. 10 day ‘processing time’ and 10-12 day shipping, I should have had it within 3 weeks. Two and a half weeks later, I get a tracking number. It saod it could take a few days for the info to appear so DECEMBER 21, I finally message them letting them know the tracking number doesn’t work. ” it will show up a little late the information! Don’t worry! ” January 5, tracking number still doesn’t work. Ask them for it again, or any other information before I file a dispute since buyer protection was running out. “I will extend 10 day to you and will resend if you agree ” I agreed. Buyer protection was extended. Reminded them I need the cape by the 20th. “Ok! I will send you tracking information tomorrow!” January 11 and I still have no tracking information and they closed the transaction. No more buyer protection, no more options for dispute. Then it got better, I lurked their Facebook in hopes of contacting them through there since they stopped replying on aliexpress and came across something interesting. Their new rapunzel fabric was mine.

Along with scamming me out of my Elsa cape, they stole my rapunzel fabric print file from…somewhere…and are using it in their skirts. I’m so disgusted… I put hours into it and making it unique and something special to me and they’ve taken it…

I drew it out with a mouse on photo shop. It has wavy curves and uneven petals and looks a bit amateurish but I could recognize it like my own handwriting. This was something I created over hours…and they’ve taken it…

Along with inquiring about my 2 month old elsa cape order that I’ve never gotten a tracking number for, I asked about where they got their print and they claimed they drew it themselves on digital software.

Pretty sure their bodice is aimee majors ( which she sells on spoonflower ) and the skirt is mine ( which I’ve never uploaded anywhere other than spoonflower, where I’ve kept it private ).

I’m just so disheartened to have put so much into this project and make it uniquely mine and now the part I was most proud of has been stolen and offered to the masses…

Along with stealing my money.

Angel-secret is super dishonest and theiving…Please don’t support them…support artist integrity…

Editing original post to keep everyone in the loop:

Update#1…after taking up the issue with aliexpress customer service who said they’d contact higher ups and open an investigation, posting on their Facebook page and making this post, I finally got a tracking number…and guess what. They used DHL for express … a shipping service that always has customs ( I’ve never been hit with customs via ems, which is what I paid the 15$ express shipping for ). So now, when I should have had it in 20 days, I’m paying an extra $30, on top of the original 15, to receive it at all 50 days after my original order.

Update #2. They’re continuing to claim that they drew it themselves. Here’s a comparison of my file ( on the left ) against ‘theirs’.

External image

External image

They’ve also taken to fabricating stories about me. Please see my original order and our entire exchange vs their claims.

External image

External image

External image

If you continue to support them, that’s your own moral choice. No doubt their stuff is beautiful, but they are the ugliest company and people I have ever dealt with.

By the way, feel free to drop by their Facebook page and school a few people on their “disney owns it, they did nothing wrong, you shoulda watermarked it or expect it to be stolen” mindsets because frankly, I can’t seem to get the point across that wearing a short skirt is not an invitation for harassment.

For Valentine’s Day, Lane got to meet Flynn Rider for the very first time. We learned she is not immuned to The Smoulder. ;)


Lane wore her new Flower Maiden costume to watch Festival of Fantasy today at Disney World. :D

DIY Rapunzel Costume first seen on EPBOT’s Facebook page.

This DIY Rapunzel Costume has no original souce! SEE UPDATE I cannot find a single photo that matches this image even using my 5 Steps to Finding the Original Source using Goole Image Search. So if you find the original source, please message me!


So I posted this photo of a daddy and baby Rapunzel costume when I saw it posted on EPBOT’s Facebook and could not find the original source.

Well it turns out that lawaiag is now on Tumblr and saw my post - and this is his adorable baby girl  dressed up as Rapunzel. So here are more photos of the Rapunzel costume (and baby).


In honor of my tablet finally being fixed, here’s Rapunzel reimagined in Tang Dynasty China! 

I had a ton of fun drawing the hanfu and her hair. I think I might do some more concept art for this :) it was so satisfying to paint!

This was supposed to be just a study, so it’s heavily referenced from this image.