Any space family headcanons?
When you say “space family” I literally have no idea what fandom you’re talking about, but I’m going to make an educated guess that it’s Voltron? I hope I’m right – if I’m not, feel free to send another request so I can give you the headcanons you actually asked for.
Anyway, yes, space fam headcanons:
- Hunk has the highest IQ out of the bunch. Yes, even higher than Pidge’s (just barely). He doesn’t like to brag about it, but he’s much, much smarter than he looks. His teammates realize this, and they’re still blown away by him sometimes.
- Pidge loves animals. She really misses her mom’s cat. This is part of the reason why she likes small robots so much – they remind her of pets, in a weird way.
- Lance is Hispanic and grew up speaking Spanish and English at home, and he likes to talk shit about the others in Spanish because he thinks they can’t understand him. They haven’t told him that Hunk and Shiro are both fluent.
- Hunk is super strong (most of his bulk is actually muscle mass), and Shiro is at least 6′2″ and works out for fun, so any time someone needs help reaching a high shelf/moving heavy equipment/ect. they’re always the two that get called on. Neither of them minds.
- The exception to the above is Pidge, who likes to be self-sufficient. Once, she managed to move several crates of equipment from a storage bay to the lab by herself, even though all of them weighed at least twice as much as her. To this day, no one knows how she did it.
- Shiro and Keith are accidental workout buddies. They just… kept running into each other in the training room? Seriously, Keith thought he was the only one who randomly got the urge to train at three in the morning, but there’s Shiro, sparring with one of the androids. Now they just make a habit of going together.
- Lance has accidentally called Allura “mom” on at least one occasion. Neither of them has ever acknowledged it. (Allura thought it was both endearing and sad, because she knows that Lance struggles with homesickness the most out of the bunch.)
- I don’t know why I’m obsessed with figuring out whether any given character is a dog person or a cat person, but here’s my hypothesis: Keith is a cat person, Hunk and Lance are both dog people, Shiro has no preference, Pidge is Team #AllPetsAreGoodPets, and Allura just likes her mice. (They didn’t have dogs or cats on Altea, but the team has vowed to introduce her to some puppies and kittens if/when they ever make it back to Earth.)
- “Family breakfast” isn’t really a thing for them, because they all get up at different times (with Keith or Shiro being the first to wake up most mornings, and Lance almost always being the last), but they do all eat dinner together whenever possible. Allura had to make a schedule for dishwashing assignments.
- Contrary to popular belief, Shiro does have a sense of humor, but he only shows it occasionally, usually by making a really bad pun.
- Allura is one of those people who always looks good? When she first gets out of bed, at the end of a long, sweaty training session, in the middle of a battle – she always looks flawless. Pidge has all kinds of theories about this being part of her Altean shapeshifting abilities, but Lance keeps arguing that Allura is just naturally good-looking. “Hot people don’t have to obey the laws of physics, Pidge.”
- Keith knows everything about everyone, whether they tell him or not. No one knows how he finds these things out, but he does. That’s why his mullet is so big. It’s full of secrets.
- Shiro has nightmares about the year he spent as a Galran prisoner, but he never remembers them when he wakes up. He’s just left feeling scared and empty and confused, pulse racing, and sometimes it takes him a few seconds to remember where he is, and that he’s safe. He doesn’t like looking at his metal arm, because it brings up the same feelings (hence the long-sleeved shirts 24/7).
- Allura has nightmares, too, but she remembers hers. She dreams about watching her planet die, of explosions in the night sky, of Galran soldiers storming her home. She likes to go sit in the bridge and look out at space whenever it happens – the stars calm her. Sometimes Shiro joins her if he’s having a bad night as well. They never talk, just sit next to each other and gaze out at the cosmos. Neither of them ever brings it up to the other during the day.
- Pidge is really good with languages, and is even starting to pick up bits of Galran and Altean from her translation software. But she’s not very good at staying dedicated to learning and practicing a new language, so she ends up just knowing a handful of common words and phrases in, like, thirty different languages.
- Lance loves video games. Obviously he doesn’t play them anymore, what with his game collection being on Earth while he’s in space, and sometimes he feels frustrated because gaming used to be his go-to stress relief. Now he spars with one of the training androids instead.
- Keith definitely owns at least three leather jackets back home and he’s lowkey stressed because there’s no Altean fabric that resembles leather, meaning he can never truly recreate his Earth aesthetic.
- Shiro is older than the others, but obviously not by much. This is because he graduated from the academy early, and was one of the youngest pilots ever to fly a real mission. He’s actually younger than Pidge’s brother.
I really love this show and these characters and their team dynamic, so I really hope this was the “space family” you were talking about!