Okay, but NEVER imagine you and your idol/celebrity crush role switched! Like, if they would be your biggest fan and everytime they see you on tv/youtube/whatever, they just start to smile and giggle because they adore you so much and in their eyes you are so adorable and/or handsome, they just can’t stop smiling.
Maybe they have a picture of you, set as their lock screen.
Maybe they write fanfiction or draw fanart of you.
And whenever they feel bad, they look at a picture of you and they smile and feel better because of you.
And you, you don’t even know that they exist. You don’t know about how happy you make them.
so we all know that kandreil make it to the olympics right? well i had a thought..
neil josten vs usain bolt
- ever since their team arrives at the olympics, neil’s phone has been blowing up with notifications. he’s gotten thousands of twitter messages, text messages from the foxes, even comments on instagram are going wild.
- before he knows it, there’s a hashtag #NeilvsBolt, and even the news have started reporting on it
- it’s ridiculous, honestly. but kevin and andrew find it hilarious (though andrew won’t admit it- and well, neither will kevin)
- he clicks on an article. the headline is “the fastest exy player against the fastest man in the world” and he has to admit that that’s some pretty great clickbait
- they win the olympics, of course, but it’s not over yet
- the team is out celebrating- some random bar in the city they’re staying in- and everyone (besides neil and andrew) are shitfaced. kevin’s off doing god knows what and the rest of the team are making a fool of themselves, but then again they just won gold in the olympics so who cares?
- neil is barely paying attention to whatever the bartender is talking about, too busy looking at andrew when andrew looks behind neil’s shoulder and tilts his head, signaling neil to turn around
- he does, of course, and he finds usain bolt right behind him, smile wide on his face (bolt won gold as well, though there was no doubt about it). he brings up the trends, all the news articles, and how both their fanbases were begging for it, so why not? they should have a race for fun
- neil doesn’t know what to say at first. he didn’t particularly care for what everyone had to say, and he didn’t care for racing. he loved running, but he never saw it as a sport or something to compete with. it was just his escape, his solution.
- so he turns to andrew, and andrew doesn’t look away. there’s a steady grip on his waist that doesn’t let go and golden brown eyes staring into icy blue. andrew raises one eyebrow, the only expression on a stone cold face, it’s a challenge, neil knows it. andrew finds it amusing and doesn’t think neil would do it, but he wants him to.
- neil turns back to usain and tells him yes
- they post the race on youtube and it goes viral, nicky’s called neil a hundred times leaving voicemail after voicemail asking why neil didn’t tell him before it happened, and how is he still alive after facing the fastest man, and holy shit everyone is talking about you and you’ve literally gained millions of followers (cue nicky complaining about the fact that neil still, and always will, have more followers than nicky)
- neil mostly ignores him. but he does text dan and matt back, they told him how proud they are of him and how he’s a total badass. and he also texts allison knowing she’d kill him if he didn’t. she wont stop going on about how he’s more famous than her right now and how they’re celebrating when neil gets back. neil just says thanks and that he’s sorry for taking all her followers away from her. she send him back a pic of her giving him the finger
- neil wont say it. he won’t. he doesn’t give a shit about the media attention or the followers. but his veins are still buzzing with adrenaline and he hasn’t come off the high yet. his skin is still tingling with the thrill of it.
- he walks into the bedroom where andrew is sitting by an open window so he can smoke. he doesn’t think he’ll be able to sleep tonight.
- andrew only looks at him and says “junkie”
- neil can’t bite back the smile that makes its way to his face. “you like it.”