i couldn’t stop yelling “WHAT” at my scream when emma and chris were flirting. it was the most random thing ever?! why did they get so much time in the last clip ever? i understand everybody had to have some time in this clip, you know, for *closure*, but… emma?! and chris?! apparently they got their closure? but?? *why*?!
the ballon squad didn’t get any closure, and unless they were speaking the truth and their YouTube channel is gone continue (please), then? why? they were very important in this whole season, and we didn’t even get a moment with them?? I’m so confused.
Still made me cry though.
why everyone should read 'rivers of london'/'the peter grant series' by ben aaronovitch
• it has been described as “harry potter for adults” but only if harry potter had actual, decent diversity
• if you like the works of terry pratchett or neil gaiman, you’ll love it
• the main character is peter grant, a biracial london police officer who one day accidentally interrogates a ghost and things just kinda go a bit wild from here
• the goddesses of the rivers of london are p much all badass black women (these characters also inspired one of my favourite songs)
• sahra “muslim ninja” guleed, the woman who joined the police on a dare, is the best thing to ever happen to me
• lgbtq+ characters are never used for shock value or tokenised and are treated the same as the cis, straight characters
• there’s a muslim trans woman of colour who can fly!!!
• it’s told from peter’s pov and he constantly calls white people out on their shit i love him
• deals with themes of ethics and immortality
• it’s genuinely entertaining and the suspense is great and i love it
• harry potter would have been much better if, on his first day at hogwarts, harry said “fuck me, i can do magic”