hey look who’s back with more foreteller headcanons (Spoiler, it’s me)
- They’re all half-convinced that Gula can teleport.
- Like, they /know/ that he can’t
- but he still manages to show up in places he really shouldn’t be able to get to at the randomest times
- He was in the rafters one time when Invi glanced in the library at three am
- He was on a mission on another world one day and Luxu tried to sneak one of Gula’s secret stash of chocolates, only to find him there waiting
- Master has found him sitting in his chair in his office. What’re you doing here Gula. The door was locked, Gula. I am about to have a secret meeting with Ira. How did you know. Why is the window open. We’re twelve floors up, Gula.
So Invi’s like the only foreteller besides Luxu who doesn’t show the bottom of her face, yeah? so i’m throwing this out there that she’s got vitiligo, maybe not a severe case, but definitely on her neck a bit and maybe arms (yes, yes, I know that’s not shown when she does take the scarf down but just give me this square enix, let me ignore the fact that all the foretellers have the same white skin) and she’s pretty sensitive about it so even before she was Anguis’ master and before the masks and everything she usually had a scarf on. Ira probably always tried to get her to take it off and encouraged her to not be shy about it but gah that’s just from me wanting to ship them
- Okay so consider with me: Family board game night
- we’ll go with monopoly because why not
- Gula was the treasurer once but no one is making that mistake again so it gets given to Invi or to ava on occasion
- Aced gets way too into the game. like, waaay too invested. like, he won’t let it go, like, calm down, Aced, you’re not stuck in jail forever–no you don’t understand i have to get to go, invi, i need that 200
- Ira tries to pretend he’s not into it but he so is. he so is. he’s got everybody’s scores memorized and he’s determined not to lose more often than luxu
- Invi’s won the most times, closely followed by Gula. Aced is pretty close after them tho, and Ava wins fairly often but she’s got this problem where she doesn’t like to be mean and she’ll forgive loans to not put people out of the game coughLuxucough but she does win sometimes (and no, none of them let her win that’s preposterous, they never do that psh). Luxu has really bad luck whenever he plays, but he pulls off a nice deception every once in a while and wins if Invi’s distracted. Ira can win, but he just… isn’t good with commitment? like? won’t buy the property because he wants to save his money ‘cuz Gula’s got his corner up ahead and if i get between a three and a five i’ll land there i can’t risk it.
- Master usually doesn’t play but when he does he dominates. Every single time. Don’t ask him to play Clue because then you never, never win. he’s probably just as good at chess.
- okay so you know who’s paranoid? ira. anyone laughing in the vicinity–boom, ira’s there, were you talking about me? He shows up in Master’s study randomly: ‘Master did you see, the front door’s open, we’ve been infiltrated someone’s broken in.’ No, that was just Luxu, he left the door open on his way to the bakery. Someone gets sick? No we’ve been cursed who have you offended recently (is that a trick question, gula asks, coughing). Invi finds Ira almost in tears one day cuz his mask broke-no invi you don’t get it it’s a sign this means i’m not fit to be Unicornis’ Master, invi stop sighing this is serious
- Aced’s got, like, no filter, which surprises no one
- but neither does Master, which is worse, because Master is always accurate in his observations. like, you know that John Mulaney stand-up bit where he’s talking about twelve-year-olds or whatever, how they always make fun of the one thing you’re really insecure about? yeah, that’s Master
- Oh, Ava, you really shouldn’t have trusted that shady-looking kid (no, really? ava asks, after being stabbed by said shady kid)
- Invi, you know Aced thinks you’re a tattle tale (but I did see Luxu–Invi says anyway, her voice faltering)
- Ira, you haven’t been practicing your fighting, have you? that was sloppy (yes, Master, Ira says, mentally writing his resignation letter)
- Man, Luxu, you sure have this weird habit of shrinking in your chair every time i ask you to do something (no i don’t, Luxu says, under the table)
Invi: “This is a bad idea.” Ira: “If you ever stop saying that, I’ll know it’s time to start worrying.”
- There’s a rule in the castle that no one is allowed to cast Fire in the third-floor corridor but no one knows why (Luxu reddens suspiciously whenever it’s brought up)
- There’s another rule that everybody knows the reason for because they were all there that one time Aced accidentally smashed his Glider through three flights of stairs and so they moved Glider practice to outside