I f*cking love crossovers.
- The Ravenclaw dorm has an unspoken rule: do not turn off the radio
- Back in 1983, a team off Ravenclaws figured out how to make a radio work in Hogwarts, but something was off
- It only picked up one station: Night Vale Community Radio
- The students didn’t know what to make of it. Was it a fictional station? Was it a real place?
- Regardless, they left it on. They never once turned it off, to this day.
- It’s a morale strengthener and bonding exercise for the Ravenclaws
- Every evening all the Ravenclaws gather in the common room to listen to the American’s sultry voice
- Some of them study, some of them create, some of them just listen silently, but all of them listen
- Eventually, one bright student learns that Night Vale is a real place
- The head of Ravenclaw house has to send them all to bed because of the party
- Many Ravenclaws head to Night Vale after they graduate and are just so happy because Merlin’s beard, it’s real
- All of the other houses are completely baffled by the Ravenclaws
- “What the hell are they talking about?”
- Luna Lovegood, especially, takes a shine to the radio station and brings some of her friends to listen one year.
- Namely, Ginny, Hermione, Harry, and Ron
- Obviously, Hermione breaks a little bit
- “Muggle technology can’t work here!” “This is obviously just fiction!” “This can’t be a real place!”
- Ron and Harry work together to stop her and they all listen in rapt attention
- Ginny falls in love with the station, and Harry likes it
- Ron doesn’t buy it
- Hermione is convinced it’s fictional, and that there’s no such place as ‘Night Vale’
- Years later, Luna takes a trip to America after graduation
- And Hermione receives a post card with the words “Welcome to Night Vale” on it and a photo of Luna in front of the sign
- She has to sit down and absorb it
- It’s a tradition for seventh years to tell first years what they need to know about the radio
- Most importantly, not to turn off the radio
- It’s a tradition that still stands today.
- It’s a big reason of why Ravenclaws are the weirdest, wackiest, and most creative house as a whole
(I plan on doing different crossovers with Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin, too, this is just my Ravenclaw pride coming through)
au where cecil talks over the end of the weather like in every other annoying radio station