I watched the video Richard Spencer put out after he was punched, so you don’t have to! Top take-aways:
What he thinks the alt-right fash need to take on board:
- The alt-right need to “get serious” about being targeted with physical violence - “it’s not fun and games any more”, it’s a “civil war”.
- The alt-right are “not going to convince these people”.
- The alt-right need to “get serious about security” - in the literal physical muscle sense, to protect their “public movement”.
What we can learn from his reaction:
- Know your fash. The whole fracas started because an old woman noticed him, started yelling, and drew a crowd for support.
- Hit and run. The attacker went in, hit him, and got out - and blended back into the crowd. Don’t be macho - in his words, be “cowardly” = stay safe.
- Strength in numbers. When anti-fash descended on him, spitting and shouting, he fucking legged it. Remember to watch out for paid security around big name fash.
- Solidarity works. Liberals not turning against militant anti-fash scares the alt-right. Let’s stick together on this.