Ummmm why hasn’t tumblr been talking about this Crazy Rich Asians movie?? An american movie with an ALL ASIAN CAST?? WITH AN ASIAN DIRECTOR??? STARRING CONSTANCE WU??? PLUS MICHELLE YEOH?! Ya’ll sleeping.
The story follows Rachel Chu (Wu), an American-born Chinese economics professor, who travels to her boyfriend Nick’s (Golding) hometown of Singapore for his best friend’s wedding. Before long, his secret is out: Nick is from a family that is impossibly wealthy, he’s perhaps the most eligible bachelor in Asia, and every single woman in his ultra-rarefied social class is incredibly jealous of Rachel and wants to bring her down.
Hey tumblr so I need your help! My school always had one of those “Read Across America” maps with young adult novels or romances or whatever (evidently, I’m American) but I’ve never seen anything comparable for wlw. I’ve tried to rely on my memory and on other people’s recs but I’m only (exactly) halfway through. Any suggestions to fill in these missing states? I’ve tried to avoid stories that take place across multiple locations. Or offer more options for the ones I already have, the more the merrier.
Alabama :Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flag
Arizona : The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver
California : Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour, Honey Girl by Lisa Freeman, Frog Music by Emma Donoghue, The Necessary Hunger by Nina Revovyr, Under the Lights by Dahlia Adler, The Butch and the Beautiful by Kris Ripper, As La Vista Turns by Kris Ripper, Far From Home by Lorelie Brown, Take Me Home by Lorelie Brown,
Colorado : Marionette by T.B. Markinson, Sleight of Hand by Mark Henwick
Connecticut : Pages for You by Sylvia Brownrigg, Patience & Sarah by Isabel Miller
Florida : Breathing Underwater by Lu Vickers, Roller Girl by Vanessa North
* means non-white protagonist, $ means disabled protagonist, # means trans protagonist, % means aro/ace spectrum protagonist, & means protagonist of a marginalised religion (Jewish, Muslim, etc)
• Under the Lights - Dahlia Adler *
• Starting From Here - Lisa Jenn Bigelow
• Dare Truth or Promise - Paula Boock
• Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit - Jaye Robin Brown
• Between You & Me - Marisa Calin
• Style - Chelsea M. Cameron
• Fat Angie - E. e. Charlton-Trujillo $
• Lunaside - J. L. Douglas
• Annie on My Mind - Nancy Garden
• Being Emily - Rachel Gold #
• My Year Zero - Rachel Gold &
• The Flywheel - Erin Gough
• No One Needs to Know - Amanda Grace
• Tell Me Again How A Crush Should Feel - Sara Farizan *
• Ask Me How I Got Here - Christine Hepperman
• A Love Story Starring My Dead Best Friend - Emily Horner
• Ask the Passengers - A. S. King
• Everything Leads to You - Nina LaCour *
• You Know Me Well - Nina LaCour and David Levithan
• Taking Flight - Siera Maley
• Dating Sarah Cooper - Siera Maley
• Time It Right - Siera Maley
• Colorblind - Siera Maley
• On the Outside - Siera Maley
• Girl Friends - Milk Morinaga * (five volume manga)
• Kisses, Sighs and Cherry Blossom Pink - Milk Morinaga * (manga short story collection)
• This Is Where It Ends - Marieke Nijkamp *
• Keeping You a Secret - Julie Anne Peters
• She Loves You, She Loves You Not - Julie Anne Peters
• Lies My Girlfriend Told Me - Julie Anne Peters (protagonist’s ex girlfriend dies before the book starts)
• Boyfriends with Girlfriends - Alex Sanchez *
• Wandering Son - Takako Shimura *# (twelve volume manga)
• Forgive Me If I’ve Told You This Before - Karelia Stetz-Waters
• The Space Between - Michelle L. Teichman
• The Summer I Wasn’t Me - Jessica Verdi
• Afterworlds - Scott Westerfeld *%
• Dirty London - Kelley York
Please suggest books and I will update this!
“I’d like to
take this time to announce that I’ll be returning to my Phantom family
at the end of the month! June 28th will be my first performance back as
Christine Daae and I couldn’t be happier! I’ll be on 6 times a week for
the first two weeks of July and then back to my regular alternate
schedule Wednesday nights and Saturday mats!” (From Rachel Eskenazi-Gold’s Insta)
Could you possibly recommend any book with a love triangle? Preferrably all 3 are girls.
I can! You know, I’ve encountered this question before and wasn’t able to find much, but this time I was determined and dug a little deeper. Here’s a list of 29! Some are traditional love triangles, some are poly relationships, but all are f/f/f.
I may be missing a few dancers in some of the dances but otherwise it’s a full list! There may also be some dances with extra people, this might be due to the changes in schedule that were submitted last night/this morning when we had already halfway finished the list!
A/N: yaaay! I’m back baby! haha so sorry for the delay but here it is :D
Anonymous said: Are you planning to do a part two to the A Right To Be Wrong? Maybe something where Fred tells Molly the whole story and she basically takes the reader in as one of her own children? I think that would be awesome!
Anonymous said: Ok, I know requests are closed, but can you have this ask till they are open again? Please your writings are the best ones I’ve ever read, can you do something like the one you’ve write (Draco’s Girl) but with Fred? But a little bit different, idk, my heart, soul and body needs this, you can change what you want, but pleeeeease I need this
so, I tried my best and here it is! kind of a sequel to Right to Be Wrong but can also stand on its own :D a quick thanks to @rachel-lizzie-dare and @gold-moonlight for their help! you guys are amazing! :D
“Love, trust me, they wouldn’t hate you” Fred said bringing his girlfriend closer to him and kissing her forehead.
“I’m a Malfoy, Fred” she said worriedly. It had been almost two months since the Malfoy family had disowned (Y/N) for dating Fred Weasley and standing up for herself. She was going to spend the Christmas break at Hogwarts but of course, there was not a chance that her boyfriend was going to let her spend Christmas alone. So she was going to spend it at the famous Burrow. “And even my own family hates me.”
“First of all, you’re nothing like the rest of your family and that’s why they don’t like you” George assured her. “And besides, Ron, Ginny and I already think you’re great so basically you have half of the family covered” he said shrugging his shoulders.
“That’s not true! There are five left” she pointed out. “And Percy already doesn’t like me!”
“Percy doesn’t count” the twins said at the same time. “He’s not even coming home for Christmas. And I’ve already told Bill and Charlie everything about you. I’m sure they’re going to love you” Fred added.
“Yeah, and dad likes pretty much everyone” George assured her. “So that only leaves mum” he said with a smile making the girl even more nervous.
“Great” she said trying to smile.
She knew all about Molly Weasley and she had always wanted to meet her. She sounded like the perfect mother and she knew how much all of her children, and Harry and Hermione, loved her. So it was only natural that she would be terrified to meet the woman.
Since this post that Janel and I made, a few of you have sent me recommendations for LGBTQIA+ books so I thought I would make a kind of always growing list for people. (In bold are the books I have personally read and can give you details on if you message me). The list is sooooo long, which makes me super happy, and please make sure to message me if I am missing one you love! Also, currently working on adding Goodreads links and genre to all of these to make things easier.
jonmchu: About to start the last day of shooting on #crazyrichasiansmovie :( the cast. The crew. Singapore. Has all been magical. Something special has happened and I don’t want it to end… 📸 by @russelwong
The Crazy Rich Asians movie ends its filming on 23 June 2017, rounding up two months of shooting in Malaysia and Singapore. The past few days were overnight shoots at Gardens By the Bay and CHIJMES Singapore for the grand wedding scene.