Berena S14-15 headcanons masterlist
After some thorough investigation @sententiousandbellicose and I came up with the following headcanons for if Bernie would have entered not too long after Serena, when Serena was still the fierce Queen of the hospital who would burn wards and murder consultants to get her way:
- When Bernie first enters the ward, Serena is instantly all over her; there finally is another skilled female consultant and she’s on her ward, so Serena is very excited about it
- Bernie initially tried to give Serena the cold shoulder, to hide her slight discomfort and how flustered she actually gets
- Bernie eventually warms- because how can you not warm to Serena Campbell?!
- Serena is torn between not wanting to make her uncomfortable (she doesn’t even realise she is flirting- it’s just how Serena is) and wanting to draw her out her shell
- At the same time Serena can’t help ruffling Bernie’s feathers every now and again; like a cat who just suddenly pounces for the fun of it and then swaggers away. Serena loves disarming people with a good flirt
- Bernie, however, does not quite recover from a Serena-esque pounce. On the surface she keeps together, but boy- She keeps replaying those moments in her head, goes to hide in the bathroom to process those moments, sits on the roof and leans her head against the railing to cool down while she rewinds and analyses everything that happened, while she tries to calm down a little.
- When she has finally calmed down and goes to AAU again she is immediately wound up again when she enters the ward and Serena smirks at her.
- God all the smirking, it’s unholy.
- The worst/best: Serena initially doesn’t have a clue what she’s doing, she’s just Serena
- But when she does- boy. Just imagine the strain of Serena Campbell liking you and taking a shine to you and wanting to be around you when you’ve got a nascent crush brewing? Well Bernie certainly can; it’s practically going into full cardiac arrest.
- Every single compliment would make Bernie glow, Serena brings her coffee, Serena shares her pain au chocolate, Serena offers to rob Bernie’s back when it starts bothering her.
- Serena just constantly touches Bernie; her hands, her elbows, arms, shoulders, sides…
- Serena lies her hand on her back and tucks hair behind her ears
- She strokes invisible creases out of Bernie’s scrubs and touches her civvies and tells Bernie the fabric is nice
- Compliments Bernie’s trousers… - Y’know… in a straight way
- And the winking
- Oh the winking. Just all the time and everywhere, driving Bernie mad.
- The eyebrow quirking as well. Bernie never knew eyebrows could express so much. Everything and anything is an innuendo now.
- Nothing is an innuendo anymore- everything becomes a sinnuendo
Serena inquiring as to Bernie’s workout routine because she’s so fit and Bernie’s like “you noticed???”
Serena squeezing Bernie’s biceps and making impressed noises.
- The purring. Just the purring.
- But also fierce disagreements when their opinions clash and the whole ward cowers in fear at two strong-willed women stating their views passionately.
- Serena looking delicious in scrubs
- Uniform jokes and Soldier puns that make Bernie blush
- Locker room awkwardness
- Serena in ballgowns and Bernie not coping
Serena unconsciously putting on nicer underwear when there’s a chance she’ll be changing with Bernie there. Not even on purpose, but just the “Oh I’m seeing her I wanna wear my nice stuff and look confident”
Matching underwear too, which she never worries about.
- Leopard-print bras.
- Matching sets in deep burgundy with lace covering the cup and intricate golden patterns stitched into it.
- Bernie being very utilitarian in her underwear and Serena is … just now.
- Bernie staring at Serena, even though she really doesn’t want to- she just can’t help it.
Serena losing it when she gets the full Bernie Wolfe-experience AKA sees Bernie in boxers
Bernie getting stressed at work and going for a run during her lunch break. She jogs past Serena in a racerback vest. She’s glowing. Her skin’s dewy. Her hair is sticking to her face and the back of her neck..
Serena needs to sit down. She’s having a big bisexual epiphany.
- Also those muscles- so long and elegant, unlike the bulky male variant.
Bernie doing stretches outside at her bench.
- And Bernie has this feeling someone is watching her but doesn’t dare to watch herself in case it looks like she is actually the one staring.
Serena buys her a bottle of water or a sports drink for when she gets back.
Once Bernie is back in scrubs Serena cannot unsee all that Bernie goodness.
Serena is conveniently in residence when Bernie reappears. Maybe she hands Bernie a towel.
- From then on Serena is conveniently around whenever Bernie goes on a run.
Bernie starts getting really suspicious and asks Serena what she’s doing.
- Serena panicks and makes up a story. When Bernie is gone she doesn’t know why she lied??!