“No,” said the little prince. “I am looking for friends. What does that mean—'tame’?”
“It is an act too often neglected,” said the fox. It means to establish ties.“
”‘To establish ties’?“
"Just that,” said the fox. “To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you, I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world …”
She’s back again today. I can hear her voice in the room. She’s laughing and giggling with the nurse that likes to sing old Jesus songs.
While I appreciate the gesture, I’m pretty fucking sick of Jesus songs.
I’m grateful that she’s back. I like her.
Well, I like her voice, that’s all I know of her. She visits every day and she reads or she hums or she sings. She’s never told me her name. I don’t even know why she comes. She just showed up one day and hasn’t stopped coming.
Il y avait des matins où je me sentais tellement seule que j'imaginais descendre du troisième étage, choisir quelqu'un dans la rue, n'importe qui, et lui demander : “Voudrais-tu être mon meilleur ami ?” sur le ton du Petit Prince s'adressant au renard.
Katharine Hepburn : Meryl Streep beat her in the number of Oscar nominations, when she received her 13th Oscar nod for Adaptation. (2002). However, Hepburn still reigns as the only 4-time Oscar recipient for acting.
- Was a leading choice to play “Scarlett O'Hara” in Gone with the Wind (1939).
Marlon Brando : Marlon Brando’s signature was considered so valuable to collectors, that many personal checks he wrote were never cashed because his signature was usually worth more than the amount on the check.
- Brando was notorious for refusing to memorize his lines. For his long speeches in the Godfather and Apocalypse Now, other actors had Brando’s lines taped to their bodies.
James Dean : Assumed he would eventually become bored with acting, and planned on becoming a director.
- Dean kept a copy of The Little Prince on his nightstand and frequently quoted from it.
Marilyn Monroe : When she signed with 20th Century-Fox, studio casting executive Ben Lyon had first chosen the name Carol Lind as her stage name, although she disliked that. Eventually she chose her mother’s maiden name of Monroe.
- The dress Marilyn Monroe wore to serenade John F. Kennedy, on May 19, 1962 at his birthday celebration was so tight, that it had to be sewn onto her. She had to sit still for approximately an hour.
Elizabeth Taylor : Her customary parting present to lovers was a gold watch inscribed: “Forget Me Not.”
- Sunbathed so much during the making of 1963’s Cleopatra that the film required extensive color-correction to even out her changes in skin tone.
Audrey Hepburn : Loved Jazz music and took her records nearly everywhere.
Grace Kelly : She was designer Edith Head’s favorite star.
- When she married Prince Rainier III of Monaco, MGM released a Technicolor film of their wedding ceremony.
“In one of the last letters I received from her [Diana] just before
she died, she said: ‘I want to share this very meaningful quote with you
and send you lots of love.’ It was from The Little Prince. It said:‘I
have to go now to the stars. And one day when you look at the stars, you
will remember me.’ It was almost prophetic.” - Lisa Yacoub.
Diana, Princess of Wales. (1st July 1961 - 31st August 1997)