New Girl Rewatch Party: 2 x 19 - Quick Hardening Caulk
So, another really hard to gif episode. Luckly the best of the episode is already here, on it’s own gifset. The kiss (x)
The beginning of the episode makes me a little sad for Schmidt, depressed because of Cece’s engagement. But I love to see Jess’s face while looking at Nick.
- I love how Jess goes “It’s just, like, I thought it was one kiss and then it was over”, and Cece’s face says it all. Like, yeah Jess, right. Just one kiss. Who are you trying to fool?
- I really appreciate Winston trying to help Schmidt here. And Schmidt just taking that guy’s fish hat is hilarious. The give just looks like someone who gives 0 f***s.
- I always, ALWAYS laugh at this little bit where Jess is standing behind the door when Nick goes into her room. I know it’s stupid, but I always laugh at that.
Nick saying “My car is not working, so can I please get a ride?” seems about right. In Parking Spot he couldn’t make his car start, so…I guess his car is not working yet. Question: do we know if Nick changed his car after he bought the bar?
- Was it absolutely necessary for Nick to get so close to Jess and grab her neck like that just to pull an eyelash off her face? Apparently, yes.
- All this wordplay will from now on remind me of @fangirlingwithjen
- I think it’s funny how Schmidt and Winston say in 2x21 that they can’t be friends withou Nick, but we have a lot of episodes where they intereact a lot without him.(i.e. this episode).
- Can we consider drugged Jess a type of High!Jess? Anyway, this scene is awesome. she just tells Nick bluntly that she wants to have sex with him. His face is priceless.
- Winston and Schmidt with
to go look for fish-Cece. I don’t know about California ocean, but here that would not be so easy like that.
Nick’s line could easily be used this season. I truly believe that.”You thought the door was so closed that you went out to another door. But had I known the first door was open, that’s the door I wanted to walk through.” He just looks so sad when he thinks Jess didn’t mean what she said, about having sex with him.
Another great scene that proves my point of Schmidt and Winston being friends all along is when they are at the ocean and Winston just says “I don’t know why you want that damn fish so bad. But what I do know, is that’s it’s gonna make you happy. And that’s all I care about.“
- About guy’s night: I know Nick was really proud of his idea, but I would never go to a bar full of drunk men - which is Jess’s point. Good for Nick that his idea actually worked.
The whole scene with Nick trying to jugle between Jess and Shane is so embarassing. Really…second hand embarassment. But it gave us our beloved fandom name…so…yay? lol
- Nick’s face when Jess says she wants to have sex with him. He could not believe what he was hearing. You can literally feel the butterflies in his stomach.
That freaking aquarium… man… why did it have to be there? But there’s one stupid thing that bugs me everytime. So…the fish tank breaks, there’s water everywhere…and still they are dry. When they walk back to their rooms you can totally see that they are not wet. Television miracle, maybe…hahaha. I think I’ve watched it too many times, I started to pay attention to this insignificant things.
I love this. They are having this huge fight, go to their rooms, then they come back for one more kiss, and leave again.