If you asked me a year ago if i will ever draw myself, I would have said no. But if its the only way we can ever be in the same picture, I’ll draw myself standing next to you over and over again to remind me even if we live all the way across the ocean from each other, art and internet can keep us together. Thank you for being you and the biggest ray of light in my life. Happy birthday, my special bean :’)! You mean so much to me and more!!!
Hi, there! I was wondering if you had any marketing tips?
So marketing, as you know, is hugely important for writers as well as uncomfortable. But it’s highly essential to build yourself a platform, even before you get your book out there. These are things I did that led to growth, but honestly I never saw myself being where I am now.
1. Get involved on social media. Make a tumblr blog based solely on your writing. Make yourself a Facebook page, a website. Go on Instagram, do all the things!
2. Post. As much as I’d like to say existing is enough, it’s not. You need to post. Post excerpts, story ideas, books you’ve read, personal posts. Whatever shows who you are as a writer, even if, for example, that might be a demon in a meat suit *sweats nervously*
3. Tag your posts. This is the only way you’ll be seen. Find out which tags are the most popular and use them. This means an end to using your tags as a comment section :(
4. Post consistently. Post everyday. Except on days when you don’t feel like it… kidding. That’ll likely be everyday, but post anyways. You’ll feel better. If you don’t want to mess with it all the time, set up queues. Use drafts. Schedule posts. It’s the online equivalent of propping up a cardboard cutout of yourself at a party.
5. Talk to other people. Yes, I just felt your soul flinch, but honestly, writers are the best kind of people and I’ve met so many talented and awesome writers (you know who you are and also ily). Comment on posts, get to know people, read their work, offer feedback, message people. Be a beautiful, if not slightly awkward, social butterfly. I promise you won’t regret it.
6. Be creative. Do things that no one else is doing. The best way to do this is to be yourself. Be that lone person dancing in a room while everyone stares. Own that shit.
The rest is really just luck and time. These all worked for me, but who is to say that there’s ever one way of doing things?
“What? You look at my blog and see more aesthetic posts than threads and jump to the conclusion that I’m ‘not really’ a rp blog? I work most hours of the day and run a queue of 15 posts a day. Not to mention, I usually only come online during the weekends when I’m not working. The only thing that has a chance to be posted are aesthetic posts. It doesn’t make me any less of a roleplayer. I just have a life unlike a certain someone.”
I actually can’t believe that this is the case, but this blog is almost a year old! And, its almost to 3K followers. So here’s what I’m hoping, there’s a little over a month until drityhandsnet’s birthday (june 19) and its a little over 200 followers until we hit 3K and I would LOVE it and it would be the BEST blog birthday present ever for us to hit 3K by June 19th. I figure we’ll prob have some sort of celebration for the day but more details on that when we get closer.
Just wanted to let you guys know ahead of time how much I appreciate every single one of you and I really honestly can’t believe how this blog has grown! I know I’m not always super vocal here and most of my posts are on a queue (im actually online fairly often even just filling that queue) but the ask is always open about whatever… anyway i love you all thank you so much <3
sorry if i’m a bit inactive the next few weeks, ap exams are coming up and i’m being bombarded with work so i don’t always have enough time to make/queue posts! i’ll try to be online when i can, though.
Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that I’m gonna be on hiatus from now until Wednesday. I have finals coming up, and because I’ll need to catch up on the streams, I’m gonna be offline for a few days. I’ll be queueing posts for Tuesday on Monday night, and I’ll be fully back online and active when I get out of school for the summer on Wednesday! Thank you guys for being so supportive of this blog and me! Love you all! <3