honey: what’s your favorite memory you made this year? sunshine: 3 things you do to relax rain: put your music on shuffle and give a 5 song playlist lace: what’s your favorite piece of clothing? flowers: what’s your favorite outdoor activity? roses: what’s your favorite perfume or cologne? sunsets: give 3 movie recommendations blankets: what’s your night routine? thunder: what’s your favorite instrument? ink: favorite thing you’ve written? heartbeat: who’s your best friend? sunrise: kisses or hugs? fairy lights: who was the last person you talked to? sugar: what’s your favorite snack? wind: what’s your favorite season? trees: favorite thing about your hometown? smiles: who do you go to for comfort? skyline: the sun, the moon, or the stars? lavender: what color do you find most calming?
Asexuality is a lack of sexual attraction. That’s it.
Okay so aces can’t have sex or anything to do with sex?
Nope, that’s not what I said.
Sexual behavior does not determine sexual orientation or lack thereof.
- Have a sex drive (libido)
- Watch porn
- Have dirty minds
- Bake cookies
- Have sex
- Have children
- Get married
- Play sports
- Fall in love
…Or they can have zero interest in any of these things, and none of this has anything to do with their status of being asexual.
Wait, if they can have sex then how are they asexual?!
Asexuals can have sex for lots of reasons. Some want to be close to their partner, or want to have kids, some don’t know they are asexual and have sex just because they think that’s what everyone is supposed to do, some get pressured into sex, some have a libido and have sex purely as a way to get off, but still don’t feel any sexual attraction. Some never have sex, never masturbate, and never understand the point of it.
Every asexual experience is different. Aces can range from sex-repulsed, to completely indifferent, to very sex positive! What all aces have in common is that they don’t feel sexual attraction, or very rarely ever feel sexual attraction.
How do you know if you’ve felt sexual attraction or not?
For some, there is never any doubt they are asexual. For others, sexual attraction can get confused with platonic, aesthetic, romantic, or even sensual attraction. Ultimately, it comes down to the individual to decide whether the asexual label suits them or not.
(Note: Platonic attraction is basically wanting to be friends with someone, Aesthetic attraction is finding someone beautiful (not necessarily ‘standard’ beauty, whatever is beautiful to you), Romantic is wanting to date someone and that can mean different things to different people, Sensual is wanting to have non-sexual contact with someone like kissing, touching, cuddling, and Sexual attraction is wanting to have sexual contact with someone.)
I don’t understand any of this!
It is absolutely okay to not understand asexuality! Trust me, asexuals don’t understand non-aces either. Just remember that even if it’s hard for you to understand, that doesn’t mean it isn’t real! (I don’t understand calculus, but it’s still real!)
How can I be a good ally?
- Educate yourself, read more about it, ask an ace if it’s okay to ask them questions! Odds are, you probably already know a bunch of people who are asexual even if you think you don’t.
- If you have asexual friends, ask them what they are comfortable with in regards to even talking and joking about sex, and then do your best to respect that. Some have dirtier minds than anybody, some are indifferent either way, but others might not be comfortable around any kind of sex talk. Just ask!
- Don’t make acephobic comments. Stuff like, “but everybody wants sex, it’s just natural”, “are you even human?”, “have you seen a doctor/therapist?”, “you’ll change your mind when you meet the right person”, “you’re too young to know”, “you just want attention”, “you must think you’re better than everyone else”, “you can’t be asexual because (I think I know your life better than you)”, “you’re just a prude/frigid/naive”, “you’re never going to have a happy relationship”, “if you don’t have sex with your partner, you don’t really love them”, “how do you know if you’ve never tried it?”, “asexual? so you think you’re a plant/sponge?”, “asexuality isn’t real”, “acephobia isn’t real”… etc and so on, are dehumanizing and just plain ignorant, even if you think you mean well. If you wouldn’t want someone saying that to you, don’t say it to us!
- Don’t erase us. Don’t invalidate us. It’s that simple. Even if you can’t understand asexuality, it’s 100% okay to say, “I don’t understand your experience, but I still support you.”
We aren’t weird, we aren’t trying to be special. Asexuality has always existed, it isn’t new, but lately we’re finally able to say, “Hey, by the way, we exist” and have pride in ourselves. All you need to do is say, “Okay, cool.” Respect it, and carry on. That’s it.
🍊 tell me how ur day is going
🌼 tell me abt ur crush !
🍊 tell me ur plans for the summer
🌼 or ur plans for next weekend
🍊 tell me what u would wear to a festival
🌼 or just what ur wearing today !
🍊 suggest some films and tv I should watch
🌼 or books I should read
1: What’s the most annoying thing about your best friend/s? 2: Least favorite TV shows? 3: Favorite moment with your best friend/s? 4: What’s one quality you would like to have? 5: Name three people of your same sex you would: marry,kiss and fuck 6: Do you like your full name? 7: Tell me your most embarrasing memory 8: Favorite color to wear? 9: Favorite restaurant? 10: What would be a good first date for you? 11: Are you a good wrestler? 12: Are you allergic to something? 13: Would you be a good singer? 14: Who’s the last person you told “I love you” to? 15: What car would you buy if you had enough money? 16: Favorite cover of a song? 17: What was your last conversation about? 18: Where were you born? 19: Least favorite app? 20: Tell me two facts about your country of birth 21: Do you like wearing sunglasses? 22: When it’s a good moment for a first kiss? 23: What are your nationalities? 24: What would make you drop college/university? 25: A crossover between two shows (any shows) you would like to see? 26: Long or short hair? 27:A character from a book/TV show/movie that shouldn’t have died? 28: Favorite movie scene? 29:Do you ship more fiction people or more real people? 30: Favorite country song? 31: Favorite John Green book? 32: Least favorite Ed Sheeran song? 33: Favorite ship? 34: How do you deal with sexual tension? 35: Name a celebrity who died that you miss 36: Favorite Harry Potter spell? 37: Something you are scared of losing? 38: Someone you regret meeting? 39: Have you ever been hurt by someone you thought he/she was your friend? 40: Do you easily open up to people? 41: What is a gift you love receiving? 42: What is something you could leave easily? 43: Rant about that’s eating you up 44: If you could make one phone call to anyone right now, who would it be and what would you say? 45:Are you easy to love?
Here is yet another set of random questions for people to ask you in order to get to know you better. Please reblog!
1. What is your middle name?
2. Do you have any nicknames?
3. Do you have any allergies?
4. What is the longest your hair has ever been?
5. Apple or PC?
6. Favorite flavor?
7. Have you ever been on a blind date?
8. Are you friends with any of your exes?
9. What kind of car do you drive?
10. How grammatically correct are you when you text?
11. What foreign country would you most like to visit and why?
12. Creamy or chunky peanut butter?
13. Favorite food to pig out on?
14. DC or Marvel?
15. Disney or Nickelodeon?
16. Do you have any stickers on your laptop computer?
17. Name/author of the last book you read cover to cover. Do you recommend it?
18. Do you read any magazines?
19. Coffee or tea?
20. What is your go-to Starbucks drink?
21. How many things can do with your weaker hand?
22. Last show you binge watched?
23. Dogs or cats?
24. Favorite Disney princess?
25. Do you like fast food?
26. Favorite thing to cook for yourself?
27. Favorite song to sing in the shower?
28. Have you ever butt dialed anyone?
29. iPhone/iPad or Android?
30. Any styles of music you do not like?
31. Have you ever kissed anyone of the same gender? If so, did you like it?
32. Have you ever gotten a ticket while driving?
33. Favorite emoji?
34. Showers or baths?
35. Is there anything you regret buying?
36. Are you fluent in more than one language?
37. Any movie(s) you can watch over and over again and enjoy just as much every time?
38. What is the heaviest you have ever weighed?
39. Do you have any tattoos? If so, how many and where?
40. Have you ever uttered a spoken hashtag?
41. Favorite school subject?
42. Favorite non-chocolate candy?
43. Name one celebrity you dislike.
44. If you could have one superpower, which one would you most like to have?
45. From 1-10, rate your singing ability.
46. From 1-10, rate your dancing ability.
47. From 1-10, rate your cooking ability.
48. From 1-10, rate your driving ability.
49. Are you religious?
50. Do you drink soda? If so, which one is your favorite?
51. Have you ever locked your keys in your car?
52. Spring or autumn?
53. Do you play any sports?
54. Can you play any musical instruments?
55. Are you more introverted or extroverted?
56. How easily do you cry?
57. Last musical artist you saw live?
58. Favorite YouTube channel?
59. Star Wars or Star Trek?
60. How long have you known your best friend?
61. Have you ever voted for a reality show?
62. Last CD you bought?
63. Have you ever ended a romantic relationship?
64. Have you ever been broken up with?
65. Have you ever been in the audience for the taping of a TV show?
66. How long was your longest relationship? Are you still with that person?
67. Have you seen any Broadway plays or musicals?
68. Have you ever acted in a play or a musical?
69. How flexible are you?
70. Have you ever sexted?
71. Do you own any clothes from garage sales or thrift stores?
72. Real or fake Christmas trees?
73. How many pillows do you sleep with?
74. How well can you write in cursive?
75. What is your political affiliation?
76. Do you like any boy bands?
77. Have you ever broken any bones?
78. Have you ever gotten any stitches?
79. Do you have any piercings in places other than your ears?
80. What is the oldest piece of clothing you still wear and how old is it?
81. Do you like wearing hats?
82. Have you ever dyed your hair?
83. From 1-10, how competitive are you?
84. How long have you been at your current job?
85. Have you ever studied abroad?
86. Phrase you say the most?
87. Have you ever quit a job?
88. Have you ever gotten fired from a job?
89. Have you ever won a trophy? If so, what for?
90. Have you ever been a Boy/Girl Scout?
91. Last thing that made you laugh?
92. Do you eat meat?
93. Are you more of a morning or a night person?
94. Worst habit?
95. Deepest fear?
96. Do you believe in ghosts?
97. If you could take home any animal from the zoo, what animal would you take?
98. Do you consider rapping singing?
99. Favorite costume you wore for Halloween? How old were you?
100. Favorite store to shop at?
101. Have you ever given anyone CPR?
102. Favorite Pokémon?
103. Do you own any homemade clothing?
104. Do you drink alcohol at all? If so, what is your drink of choice?
105. Have you ever skinny dipped?
106. Favorite type of cookie?
107. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
108. Biggest pet peeve?
109. Are you still friends with anyone from high school?
110. Favorite literary character?
111. Are your birth parents still together?
112. Do you wear or have your ever worn glasses?
113. How many of your Facebook friends do you actually hang out with?
114. Have you ever been the victim of a prank?
115. Do you belong to a fraternity or a sorority?
116. Have you ever taken a nude selfie?
117. Are you adopted?
118. Favorite fandom?
119. Oldest memory?
120. Have you ever snorted when you laughed?
121. Can you drive stick?
122. Favorite Disney song?
123. Random boy’s name.
124. Random girls’ name.
125. How often do you eat out at a nice restaurant?
126. How many people are in your nuclear family?
127. What accent do you consider the most attractive?
128. What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?
129. What is your astrological sign?
130. Biggest regret?
131. What type of shoes do you wear the most?
132. Do you like any soap operas?
133. Do you listen to talk radio?
134. What sports team(s) do you root for?
135. Describe your sense of humor.
136. Have you ever been hit on by someone of the same gender?
137. Favorite video game?
138. Name a moment in your life when you were pleasantly surprised.
139. Do you believe in serendipity?
140. Have you ever left a movie theater before the movie was done?
141. Have you ever felt you were born in the wrong period of history?
142. Is sex before marriage wrong?
143. Have you ever gotten a song you dislike stuck in your head?
144. Can you handle spicy food?
145. Have you ever called a non-lover a term such as darling, honey, babe, or dear?
146. Do you like MTV?
147. Where on your body are you the most ticklish?
148. TV show or movie you quote/reference the most?
149. Have you ever lived with a roommate you didn’t get along with?
150. Where do you think is the best place to meet a new lover?
151. Have you ever successfully been on a diet?
152. Favorite thing to do outside?
153. Where did you go on your last vacation?
154. Do you say “y'all” at all?
155. Have you ever lived on a farm?
156. Do you believe in evolution?
157. What TV channel do you watch the most?
158. Favorite Beatles song?
159. Have you ever been on TV?
160. Have you ever been to Disney World or Disneyland?
161. Do you like horror movies?
162. Do you like to go fishing?
163. Have you ever been hunting?
164. Do you take medication for anything?
165. Name one item from your bucket list.
166. From 1-10, how much do you like children?
167. Have you ever thought about your wedding?
168. Have you ever been bungee jumping or skydiving?
169. Favorite flower?
170. Do you collect anything?
171. Who was the last person you told a lie to?
172. Have you ever been a bridesmaid or a groomsman?
173. Have you ever had a fortune cookie fortune come true?
174. What was your favorite toy to play with when you were a child?
175. How good are you at math?
176. Have you ever learned anything from a how-to YouTube video?
177. Have you ever participated in a science fair?
178. Have you ever wished you were born the opposite gender?
179. Have you ever participated in a public protest?
180. Do you have a pool at your house?
181. Have you ever hosted a wild party?
182. Do you like karaoke?
183. Have you ever written a love letter?
184. Have you ever ran a marathon?
185. How often do you get mad at yourself?
186. Any guilty pleasures?
187. Fruits or vegetables?
188. Do you live in a house or an apartment?
189. The countryside or the suburbs?
190. Worst job you’ve ever had?
191. Do you hang out with any of your co-workers?
192. Were you ever voted homecoming/prom king or queen?
193. Were you voted a “best” or “most likely to” in high school?
194. Have you ever gotten detention?
195. Have you ever babysat?
196. Have you ever taken a road trip just for the fun of it?
197. How many drinks get you tipsy?
198. Were you a part of any academic clubs in high school or college?
199. Have you ever given a public speech, aside from your schooling?
200. How long have you been on tumblr?
baby’s breath : what did you want to be when you were a kid ?
begonia : are you a messy or clean person ?
bleeding heart : has your heart ever been broken ? bluebell : do you drink tea or coffee ? buttercup : what are five things that make you apologetically happy ? calla : what’s your favorite book ? carnation : what are your five most played songs ? chrysanthemum : what are you afraid of ? daffodil : what’s your astrological sign ? dahlia : what’s your favorite band ? daisy : which ‘friends’ character do you relate to the most ? dandelion : are you an extrovert or an introvert ? geranium : how has your day been ? hydrangea : what’s your dream job ? iris : who’s your celebrity crush ? lavender : what’s one of the best gifts you’ve ever received ? lily : what’s something you’ve achieved that you’re really proud of ? marigold : what would you like to do more of, but don’t ? moonflower : who inspires you ? morning glory : are you an early bird or a night owl ? orchid : what’s the last movie you saw ? pansy : do you believe in love at first sight ? peony : what does your url mean ? periwinkle : what are you thankful for ? petunia : where were you ten years ago ? poinsettia : where would you like to be in ten years ? poppy : what’s your online persona ? primrose : if you could share one message with the world, what would it be ? rose : who’s the last person you spent quality time with ? snapdragon : what are your goals ? sunflower : what’s your favorite quote ? tulip : if you had three wishes, what would you wish for ? violet : what’s one thing most people don’t know about you ? zinnia : do you believe in magic ?
Color Reference Guide to Recognize & Avoid Whitewashing
I’ve made a tutorial on how to color adjust to fix washed out colorings, but I noticed people aren’t always sure when their coloring needs fixing in the first place. So I’ve made a bunch of colorings you can use to compare your own to. It’s designed to help avoid whitewashing, but also help avoid over-correction.
If you’re not a content creator, you can also use this guide for reblogging as well. :)
Using the Guide
Each set comes in three: cool, neutral, and warm. If your coloring is bluer/whiter than the cool tone, consider readjusting.
Examples of what might be too pale/bright are beneath each set
There are various categories (daytime, night scenes, etc) for each type of scene you might encounter
Each coloring has a color palette beneath for the highlights, midtones, and shadows of the character’s face. If you’re having trouble eyeballing it, use the eyedropper tool to double check.
NOTES 1)For the sake of simplicity, I’ve used one character per category, but characters of color are not interchangeable. Identify the skin tone for the character you’re coloring and work with that. This is only meant to give a frame of reference for what is and isn’t whitewashing
2)If any of the colorings look different than what they’ve been stated as (i.e. the cool tones look too warm or some look way too dark to be visible) calibrate your monitor.It means your screen color and gamma needs readjustment.