Hey friend! I’d love to talk about Ivy since I miss her so much. Unfortunately I can’t do much about my comic right now, especially since I am still on the borderline between making the story a visual novel & romance game. But in the meantime, I’d love to share things about my characters & world on tumblr.
So here are Ivy’s basics, since she’s new to most. (also note: nothing I reveal about my characters are spoilers, since their personalities have nothing to do with the story)
1. Ivy’s birthplace is a country called Nivall, which is predominantly populated and governed by mages. Most humans in her world are born without magic, and so mages at one point felt the need to form their own nation. Nivall is the center of all magi-tech and magical studies in Ivy’s world, most notable for its many thriving witch colleges. Well, it was, until the country fell under a sleeping spell.
2. Ivy is the Princess of Nivall; her parents are/were King Vale and Queen Esmeralda. Though she is royalty, she was raised predominantly by her parents, and loves them to death.
3. Ivy currently lives in the Dwarven kingdom Lazulith, which neighbors Nivall.
4. Ivy’s main goal is to save her parents from the sleeping spell. She doesn’t care that she’s a princess, is mostly anti-social, and would prefer to dwell in a cave studying dark magic all day. She loves her witch culture, and most importantly, is obsessed by necromancy.
5. Ivy’s hideaway for practicing magic is an underground mine, where she’s befriended these odd glowy, four-legged moth creatures that live in the dark down there.
6. Ivy’s mixed race; her father is white, his family coming from an old forest witch clan. Her mother is brown-skinned and descends from a witch clan that practiced sea magic. Both her families would have naturally black hair, but no one can tell, because mostly everyone’s a witch - and all witches have white hair.
7. Ivy’s family is highly educated and raised her with democratic ideals. Her father is a prankster and wished he could have been an elemental warrior instead of a king; he always made Ivy laugh. Her mother is a total alchemy nerd, can do complex math in her head, and taught her much about how magic works. Her parents are/were a power couple and did not marry strictly for politics.
8. Ivy is very feminine and goth. She loves to paint her nails while waiting for her potions to boil.
9. Ivy’s personality is full of habit, obsession and determination. She is not classically brave, just gusty and willing to experiment with things (magic, specifically) that are dangerous. She is fascinated by death and darkness and things others would be frightened of, yet is scared of people and everyday living.
10. Ivy only listens to hard metal music. No soft, we scream like men banshees in the night.