Home-made beauty tricks
If you adore beauty and love trying new funky things, here are some home-style beauty tips that you will love - and be able to try for an affordable price and without having to leave the comfort of your home! They are great when you are in need of a quick fix
- Toothbrush - This is an old family favourite, and one that I absolutely adore. When applying mascara, you can use an old toothbrush to brush your eyelashes. It gets rid of any clumps as well as lengthening them to give them a nice elegant, long look!
- Talcum Powder - A swear-by by all of my beautiful blonde friends, if you are ever running late and stuck for time to have a shower and wash you hair, just run some talcum powder through it. It has the same effect as dry shampoo, and helps stop your hair from getting greasy! It is also used to add volume and texture to hair.
- Toothpaste - Since when has toothpaste not proven to have a gazillion other uses other than protecting your teeth from decay? Tooth paste is a natural bleaching agent and can be used to whiten yellow nails and add extra shine - hello semi home-made manicure! It can also be used to remove small dry stains from items of clothing.
- Eggs - Not only are they are brilliat source of protein in your diet, they are also a great hair mask which will help strengthen your hair and replenish natural oils. Just mix an egg yolk or two with a table spoon of olive oil and leave in your hair for aproximately 20minutes, then shower! It may feel gooey at first, it takes a bit of getting used to but I promise your hair will thank you for it later!
- Honey - As well as being a quick-fire metabolism booster, honey also does wonders for your skin - a common ingredient in home-made face masks, a couple of tablespoons honey can be used to to moisturize and soothe sensitive and blotchy skin.
- Green Tea - There is seriously nothing bad about green tea! A well-known natural metabolism booster and body detoxifying drink, if you are wanting a nice relaxing end to a stressful week, add 5 - 10 green tea bags to your bath while the water if running. It will not only detoxify your body, it will also relax and soothe your skin, giving it an abundance of minerals.
- Talcum Powder (x2) - For thicker lashes, dab a q-tip into some talcum/baby powder and dab onto your eyelashes. Then apply a few coats of Mascara, it will give your eyelashes a thicker, more long-lasting look.
- Olive oil - With antibacterial properties and rich in Vitamin E, olive oil can be used as a natural make-up remover. Apply a small amount to a cotton pad and wipe it across your face at the end of the day. Your skin will thank you for it!
- Grapes - Delicious to eat, and now an avid weapon in the combat of wrinkles! Crush a few seedless grapes and apply under your eyes and on your forehead for 20 minutes. If you repeat this regularly those insecure lines will have faded in no time!
- Potato - Had a few sleepless nights and can literally feel the dark patches under your eyes? Well, no need to fear, potato is your savior! apply two slices big enough to cover each eye and leave on for 15 - 20 minutes daily. After a while those dark circles will be nothing but a horrible nightmare!
The great thing about home-made beauty tricks is that they have an all-round affect on your health and well-being. They give your skin a well-deserved product free breather, helping it re-discover it’s natural glow. And they can also help you get out of a make-up mishap: hello beauty hack! Print this off and leave it in your make-up draw: you never know when it might come in handy!
Do you have a beauty hack that you would like to share?