the top 6 books I enjoyed the most!
manic-intent did a “top 6 books” list for top 6 books she loved most. Hers are:
1. Neverwhere (Neil Gaiman)
2. All the Arthur Conan Doyle books… :( Including Lost World. Is this cheating? Mm. Fine if I have to decide on one Conan Doyle book, Hound of the Baskervilles.
3. The Yiddish Policeman’s Union (Michael Chabon).
4. Perdido Street Station (China Mieville).
5. Good Omens (Gaiman, Pratchett)
6. Feet of Clay (Pratchett)
I thought I’d do one too. :) The top 6 books I enjoyed the most are:
1. The City of Dreaming Books, Walter Moers
2. Sunshine, Robin McKinley
3. The Cloud Roads, Martha Wells
4. Assassin’s Quest, Robin Hobb
5. The King of Attolia, Megan Whalen-Turner
6. Shadow of Ombria, Patricia McKillip
To my surprise there are way more female authors than I expected! And also, two of them were Pei Yi’s recommendations. GO PEI YI. :)
My honourable mentions (behind cut):