Favorite highlights of live action Beauty and the Beast
• They stuck to the beginning of the original story where Belle asks for a rose and her father gets lost and finds a fire and food in the castle.
• “Mama said not to move because it might be scary. Sorry.”
• Belle called the castle home.
• LEFOU! Everything about him was great. He got character development, he had some fantastic lines, his low key flirting with Gaston, his singing!!! I love my boy.
• Lumiere dabbed. Twice.
• It was beautiful. Oh my god the castle made me absolutely melt and Be Our Guest was breathtaking in live action.
• Lefou booping Gaston on the nose.
• How during the song Adam sings he’s climbing higher and higher so he can still see Belle.
• When Adam found out Belle liked Romeo and Juliet he was like “ew no not that book here have my entire library so you can read something better that that filth”.
• I really like how Gaston in the beginning wasn’t that bad, but as the movie went on he got darker and darker.
• Gaston lifTING LEFOU UP ON ONE ARM
• We finally got an explanation as to why no one remembers the castle and the prince and why the servants were cursed too.
• The guy who can’t remember what he lost in the beginning is Mr. Potts and the minute Mrs. Potts called his name I was shaking my friend next to me because oh my god he “lost” his wife and child.
• ADAM. I’ve loved Adam since forever and he’s still so great in this version AND HIS SONG ABOUT BELLE WAS SO SPECTACULAR I COULD FEEL HIS EMOTIONS.
• Cogsworth & Lumiere are still an old married couple and I love it I love them.
• I know he only had a few lines in Be Our Guest, but Cogsworth’s singing voice was amazing
• Adam’s eye makeup in the beginning that made it look like he was wearing a mask if he stood in the light just so.
• I HAVE BEEN GUSHING ABOUT THE NEW LUMIERE DISIGN SINCE THE FIRST TRAILER CAME OUT AND TO FINALLY, FINALLY SEE IT ON THE BIG SCREEN WAS SO SATISFYING THE LITTLE DETAILS HE HAS LIKE HIS PONYTAIL AND THE FACT THAT HIS COAT MOVES WHEN HE DOES WERE SOOOO GOOD I KNOW I’VE SAID THIS A THOUSAND TIMES BUT I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS NEW LUMIERE.
• Lefou has a bite mark from Gaston on his lower stomach and when my friend and I saw it we practically screamed because how exactly do you get a bite mark in that spot if you’re not doing some kinky bedroom stuff.
• The line “there’s a beast on the loose there’s no question, but I fear the wrong monsters released” had me so shook put that on my gravestone I fucking love it.
• It’s sweet and cute and beautiful, but when it gets dark it gets DARK, like, goddamn.
• I loved the detail of whenever a petal falls the castle crumbles further and the servants become more like the objects they are.
• Adam’s beast growl at the end when he’s a human again that, tbh, was really hot.
• The guy who, instead of freaking out when he was put in a dress and makeup, grinned and walked away with his hips swishing and totally owned it.
• That same guy and Lefou dancing together ohhh my god I think I started crying they’re so fucking cute Lefou and his cross dressing boyfriend 5ever.
thats it. i found it i found the one screencap from any movie that will ever accurately describe my reaction to fuckboys telling me guys dont like it when i do a thing. i have found my gosh diddly darn life mantra in the form of one line in the last unicorn. in that moment i was one with the unicorn and the good lord in heaven nodded in agreement with my realization. put this on my fckng gravestone when i go to meet my flipping maker. goodnight.
TOP 50 CHARACTERS (as voted by my followers) - #45. Wes Gibbins. “You can’t defend Griffin! I saw him fighting with Rebecca. He’s not a good guy like you think. And he’s got everything… The school, money… But Rebecca’s got nothing. She’s alone, a… a pawn. And isn’t that why you do this? Defend people? So they get a fair trial? But that’s not gonna happen for her because she’s poor. And I don’t think that’s fair or right, and… If you want to fire me, fine. But she needs you.”