push industries

advocacy: have some perspective, don’t throw your own people under the bus

I’ve seen a lot of discourse lately about how Blizzard is handling Emily/Tracer wrong - how there’s no sign of it in the game, etc. etc. And there isn’t, yet. There isn’t any sign Tracer is gay in the actual game, so it’s fair comment. I’ve also seem what is pretty unfair conclusions about why this is thrown around, I’ve seen really nasty snark disguised as witty criticism., and it… leaves a bad taste in my mouth, really. 

A very close friend of mine works in an AAA studio. She’s worked in gaming for 10 years. She literally works herself to the bone trying to push social justice in games - and it’s like pushing a fucking boulder uphill forever, let me tell you. I’ve watched what this tireless advocacy is doing to her. Nevertheless, she keeps going. 

It’s because of people like my friend that Overwatch exists - people who have persistently, tirelessly, at threat to their relationships, livelihoods and careers advocated for diversity and representation in games. 

I can only imagine how fucking hard it’s been to change the culture in Blizzard into a company where they publish an AAA game that is as diverse as Overwatch. It’s because of people like my friend, allies, and other supportive people that we have Overwatch at all.

Let’s review some of the great things about the game: a variety of diverse races, ethnicities and identities - consultation was pretty fucking good for most of those. And they listen to our comments about what’s missing, too. We didn’t like that Pharah’s VA wasn’t Egyptian, so what did they do? They got an Egyptian VA living in Egypt to voice Ana. We didn’t like the lack of black characters, and they’ve promised more, and the latest new character is an Omnic created by child genius Efi who is black - and they got a black woman for Orisa’s VA.

Blizzard has handled female characters very well. We complained after they’d released their initial characters that the body type of the female characters was generic and not diverse. So what did they do? They gave us Zarya and Mei. We complained that Tracer was being objectified in one of her poses. What did they do? They changed the fucking pose. They have given us a Muslim single mum who’s 60 old, still a soldier, has sexual agency and is more than just her role as ‘Mum’. The spread of female characters isn’t 16-25 as per most games that have female protagonists, but 19-60, with the majority of them being in their 30s, and that is fucking great

And all of this is aside from the fact that Tracer - the face of the fucking game - is canon, confirmed lesbian in those words by both the devs and in ¾ of a big major comic. She’s in a healthy adult relationship. Plus, there’s more to come. We know more characters are queer, too. 

There’s probably more stuff to add, but off the top of my head - how great is this fucking game?????

Now, it’s not to say that all of this has been done perfectly - there’s always room for improvement. They always could do things better. But the tone of some of the posts I’ve read is as if none of this exists. As if Blizzard has spat in our faces, somehow, by not having Tracer have mentioned Emily in the game yet. The anger, the entitlement, the mockery. 

You’re mocking probably a bunch of queer people, people of colour and women who have pushed and pushed and pushed the gaming industry for decades in order to get a game like Overwatch. You’re mocking people like my friend who has slogged her fucking guts out to get what we’ve got in the games her company produces. Can you imagine what it must be like for those people, responsible for these changes in Blizzard and in the industry, to read people bitching about the fact Tracer doesn’t say anything about Emily (yet) when they’ve pushed so fucking hard just to get what we’ve gotten? 

Do you realise how horribly ungrateful and rude that sounds? You may not be aiming your criticism at these people, but they’re among us. They read social media. They’re real people with real feelings. 

Can we please have some appreciation for just how far Overwatch has taken diversity in games? Because there’s a bunch of minority folks behind this push, mark my words. 

This post is not to discourage criticism, but please, please think of the tone of voice you give it in. Don’t be cruel or unfair. Don’t mock. Don’t be ungateful, please. 

“It’s as if Emily doesn’t even fucking exist, I wonder why that is lollllll fucking blizz” works so much better as “Hey Blizz, I love that Tracer has a girlfriend! Let’s have Tracer mention Emily in the game? :D” 

There are ways to deliver suggestions and feedback that don’t shit all over the people who’ve worked so hard to bring this game to you. Please take an extra 5 seconds to consider not sounding entitled and awful, and think about how else you could deliver this feedback so you’re not hurting the people who have worked their whole lives so you have it <3

Fuck 4/20

****Obligatory Discourse Notice: This post is not about people who use weed for medicinal purposes y’all are beautiful and in my experience, courteous people and I hope you feel better soon****

**This is also not about people who consume recreationally in the privacy of their homes, y’all are cool too**

Ok, so, it’s 4/20, and I can’t fucking go to school because SOME ASSHOLES HOT-BOXED THE MAIN STUDIO ROOM IN THE ART BUILDING.

This is not a small room, it’s three classrooms combined into one large, naturally well-lit room, so god knows how much weed they actually had to burn to fill it like that, but it was definitely more than CO possession law allows for.  and at 8 AM this morning, I opened the fucking door to a literal CLOUD of smoke, while at least three dudes ran out the back door.

I’m not sure if it’s an allergy or sensitivity or what, but even hints of Marijuana smoke give me massively painful migraines, so I had to be driven home, and I’ve spent the last five hours on the couch crying and puking and having hallucinations becuase I was in that much pain. Fuck you guys I haven’t been suicidal in years but today was not a good day.

OH, and the department head was right behind me, and she has severe asthma and i just learned she’s in the hospital.

and the campus has closed the art building until further notice/they can clean the place out.  it’s the week before finals.  Nobody is going to be able to finish/turn in their final projects. and even if they manage to air out the building, nobody with an allergy/sensitivity is gonna be able to go in becuase that shit sticks around.  or anyone with asthma or epilepsy or anybody on other psychoactive drugs.

So, yeah, fuck you guys, you’ve ruined the whole fucking semester.

and the thing that really, really pisses me off about this?  Cannabis DOES potentially have some major health/environmental benefits, and widespread decriminalization would be a great thing for a lot of america’s poorer communities, BUT NOOOOOOO, YOU DICKHOLES GOTTA SMOKE IN PUBLIC WHERE IT’S A HEALTH HAZARD AND BE A BUNCH OF IRRESPONSIBLE FUCKHEADS, NEVER MIND THAT GETTING IT OFF SCHEDULE ONE IS GONNA TAKE A COOPERATIVE POLITICAL MOVEMENT LOL 420 BLAZE IT HAHAHAHAHA FUCK ALL OF YOU WITH A RUSTY CHAINSAW.

YOU, fuckass stoner, are the person making it hard to get the actual drug-testing done for the people who need this
YOU are being massively disrespectful and an outright danger to your fellow citizens and 
YOU are gonna get kicked right in the dick if i ever figure out who you are.

Actually, there’s security cams, and when you are ID’d I’m suing your ass for damages because going to the hospital was not fun and expensive.  

*I’ve been seen by a medical professional, they’re not sure what it is, and i have a history of unexpected reactions to drugs, so the can’t give me anything for it.

** I’ve taken a shower and am chugging all the fluids I can to get this to pass, and it is.  my pain is at about 6/10, not 11 now.

*** This is ALSO about the people in the quad lighting up in public, the people who brought the bong into the student union (campus cops got them at least), and anyone who DOESN’T UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF SECOND-HAND SMOKE CHRIST ON POGO STICK YOU SHITHEADS ARE DUMB.

***8ALSO: dear creepy old men who were stoners back in the 60′s who show up on campus to on women young enough to be your granddaughters: FUCK YOU TOO

In conclusion: Fuck 4/20, fuck public stoner culture, fuck white boys who think this shit is funny, fuck the Marijuana industry that pushes this kind of irresponsible consumption, and fuck everything I have to go throw up again.

I think the reason why pwr bttm attracted such a relatively big following despite the rather mediocre (at best) quality of their music is, that queer musicians don’t get put on your plate. In most cases you have to actively seek them out cause they don’t get any coverage anywhere. You have to go digging, not very deep, but even this is usually to much to ask for in times where there is an insane abundance of music online and it’s very easy just to click on whatever gets put under your nose (I am also not excluding myself from this, I do this too). So when there is a queer/trans band being somewhat pushed by the industry, getting attention, coverage, being talked about, and they talk about things you yourself also deal with, the only next logical step is to like them and support them and maybe even like their music (still don’t understand how, but that’s an entirely different story and quite irrelevant - i don’t mean to bash anyones taste here).
And now people are asking for other queer/trans artist that aren’t problematic pieces of shit and on the one hand I understand the rage and disappointment that they don’t even know ANY others and are also too lazy to do a quick google search themselves but on the other hand - hey that’s a great opportunity to support some good musicians! Throw them a bone if they ask and tell them about your faves! I’ve seen some lists/posts with recommendations floating around already and I think that’s really good, keep spreading them and do yourself and those artists on them and check them out, you might find a new fave and either now is a really good time to actively support queer/trans musicians cause they’re most likely going to have an even harder time getting any media coverage.

ajkproduction reblogged your post:Fuck 4/20

“Fuck the marijuana industry that pushes this kind of irresponsible consumption”

#weiner#tard#whiner#boo fucking hoo#420#420 blaze it#420 girls#hemp#hemp oil#weed#smoke weed#girls who smoke weed

#weiner#tard#whiner#boo fucking hoo#420#420 blaze it#420 girls#hemp#hemp oil#weed#smoke weed#girls who smoke weed

Wow, real mature.

I’m in enough pain that I really, actually wanted to die, and my prof is going to be in lung rehab for weeks due to stupid weed culture out here and you tag me with “Whiner” and a slur.

blah blah “not all businesses” blah- true, there are a lot reasonably-run operations out there.  Good job them.

At the same time, the radio’s been FULL of ads celebrating the “Thursay Sale” at the local dispensaries, there’s a FAIR downtown, and every dispensary/grow shop has ads for sales in the window today.  there is DEFINITELY a party-style marketing campaign going on out here and it directly contributes to bullshit stunts like this.

anonymous asked:

A majority of my startup clients (socal/bay area) give their headhunters a "no women" rule. Their reasons are pretty much always: they won't work 12+ hours, they'll distract the boys. Since most cs kids get their first entry level job at a startup, women have to face this immediate push back upon entering Industry. What gives me hope though, is that women in Medicine faced the same opposition. And as we've seen, that ratio has been leveling out.

This makes me incredibly angry. Headhunters shouldnt follow that as a rule

anonymous asked:

Bruh I just feel so bad for some KPOP idols. I mean the industry sort of over sexualizes relationship between group members and makes you want to ship them. It's just sad because they pretend to endorse these LGBT+ relationships, but in reality any relationship of the sort would be found upon. Statistically speaking, there are definitely gay or lesbian idols, so it's sad to know that they have to hide that, and pretend. It's so easy to ship things in the KPOP industry and I'm guilty of it too.

Yeah I feel you anon :( I’m guilty of it too tbh and it’s exactly what you said—it’s sad how the industry over sexualizes idols and makes idols perform fanservice to get more publicity. And what really gets me is that some fans are so supportive of these ships and that “forbidden love” to the point where they have the industry pushing idols to do even more scandalous and sexual things. For example, during a TV show, the members of Super Junior had to play this water game in a pool and basically one member had to stay underwater and the other members had to “help” him breathe by giving him air mouth-to-mouth. (So they were basically kissing) And some fans love seeing this kind of thing but once an idol is suspected as being gay some fans will give them so so much hate! It’s terrible how this mentality is like a double edged sword because they support the ship yet they don’t support LGBT relationships, when they’re both technically the same thing??? South Korea is slowly becoming more accepting and open minded, but the prejudice is still there and the hate is still there and I just hope that one day, idols will be able to come out and be themselves

anonymous asked:

That review is brutal but the truth! The problem with H's music is that every critic praises it, calls it "brilliant", a "masterpiece" , calls him "a true rockstar" (lol) but the gp has another opinion. And it's obvious that the media and the whole music industry is pushing him when they've included only 9 (positive) reviews on Metacritic whereas when Zayn released MOM every critic was out to get him. (and most of them didn't even listened to the album based on their writings... :/)

it’s quite funny to me bc if harry was making pop music, i sincerely doubt that there would be as many publications lodged as firmly up his ass as we’ve seen. but bc he’s making ~~~real music~~~ and bringing back (see: blatantly copying) the sounds of yore to make these old white gasbags reminisce on their youth then obviously that means that we can pretend that his album isn’t as trite and faceless as anything shawn mendez or meghan trainor or that hobgoblin sheeran are doing. this kind of act does have its expiration date tho, and it’ll be interesting to see what happens when ppl finally decide they’ve had enough

as for most not even bother to give zayn a chance, i think we both know why that was 🤔

anonymous asked:

holy shit I've hated john k for almost 10 years now and i can't wait for guys like him, butch hartman, and ted tennapel to be pushed out of the industry by younger animators and more progressive producers. no kid deserves to find out that their fav childhood cartoon was actually made by a bigoted jackass.

seconded I’m dying

TOTAL DIVAS: DEAN AMBROSE  X READER

(6) This is a part a larger series that can be found on my blog using my masterlist.

The italics are you talking to the camera like they do on the show.


The episode starts with you walking hand in hand with Dean backstage at a taping of Smackdown. Many superstars and divas were stopping you two and hugging you and kissing you on the cheek. 

“It has been about 6 months since my injury and about 4 months since my surgery. It is my first time backstage since my surgery and it is so great to see everyone again. It’s been driving me crazy watching them and my boyfriend on tv having all the fun.”

“(Y/N) oh my gosh I have missed you so much!!” Paige squeezed you gently for a long hug. “I’ve missed you too girl.” You smiled. “It hasn’t been the same without you. I swear thats all we hear when we are out in the ring “We want (Y/N)” She chuckled as you blushed. “And to think most of them used to boo me.” You two laughed. “You need to hurry up and get better so we can compete for that title I need a good challenge.” Paige winked. “Trust me if the doctors would clear her she would be in the ring today.” Your boyfriend Jon chipped in scoffing a bit. You rolled your eyes and shrugged. “Its like an addiction.” You defend yourself. This part of the episode ends with you wishing Paige good luck and you and Dean walking off together him kissing you on the cheek wrapping his arm lazily around your shoulders. 

Later on you are seen backstage in a lobby area watching your boyfriend’s (Dean Ambrose) match against Kevin Steen (Owens). A few of your fellow divas are sitting around gossiping about who said what and who’s getting pushed in the industry. You tried your best to keep up but you started to feel out of place. Most of the people they mentioned you didn’t know. You had been out of the ring for so long all this new information made your head to spin. You stood up taking care not too strain your back. “You okay??” Becky asked. “Yeah just going to go and wait for Jon his match should be over in a sec.” You half halfheartedly smiled and made your way out of the door before your tears began to fall. You wipe them quickly and hurriedly made your way to the locker rooms. 

“Its hard to be away from what you love for so long. Its hard enough being away from Jon when he has to fly out somewhere but the fact that I can’t even follow what my friends are talking about is overwhelming. Yeah I talk to them on the phone a lot but they are so busy its always short and mostly about my recovery. I miss being out in the ring and doing press and challenging work outs… I even miss the sleepless nights on planes.” (You start to tear up talking on camera).

You find Jon downing a bottle of water and talking to his friend Joe (Roman Reigns). “Hey babe.” Jon greeted you smoothing out your hair when he notices your red eyes. Joe smiles at you and tells Jon he would see him later. Jon grabs your hand and pulls you behind a crate. “Is it your back?? What’s wrong?? Do you need to sit down??” He spouted out lifting your face up to look at his. “No its just… I don’t know whats wrong with me. I don’t like being benched and not able to do what I love…” You throw your arms around his shoulders and jump wrapping your legs around his waist. Jon holds you tightly to him despite him being sweaty. “Shhh…” He tries to calm you rubbing your back. “I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better. I wish I could promise you and give you the world…” He sighed as your crying started to slow. “I love you Jon” “I love you more (Y/N) no matter what happens will ever change that. You’re girl.” He kisses you soft lingering kiss on the lips that made all your tension and heartache melt away. The episode ends with you two making your way down a long corridor together arms around each other’s waists. 


THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

anonymous asked:

you take literally everything selena does way out of proportion, like can a sister even breathe. yes she's messy & ignorant but which child star isn't. her mother pushed her into the industry to live her own dreams though her daughter & selena is truly struggling. she's developed an unhealthy mindset since it's all she knows, how to step on people to get further. how to play the game. All she really needs is help. She came early out of rehab to be in another PR & further her career. Let her be.

I don’t bash Selena for being in a PR. I criticize her for playing the victim. I don’t exactly understand your point, but if Selena out here being in a PR, complaining about being famous, and shaming others while doing the same thing, she’s gonna get called out! 

dailymail.co.uk
Sorry, Meryl but that hypocritical anti-Trump rant was easily the worst performance of your career (apart from that time you gave a child rapist, Roman Polanski, a standing ovation)
Just when I thought we’d exhausted the reservoir of Trump-hating luvvies, up pops the biggest star in Hollywood to join in and stick her stiletto-heeled boot into Donald days before his inauguration.

She began by saying that Hollywood, foreigners and the press are ‘the most vilified segments of American society right now’.

At which point the cameras panned out to hundreds of the richest, most privileged people in American society sitting in the audience in their $10,000 tuxedos and $20,000 dresses, loudly cheering this acknowledgement of their dreadful victimhood.

She then said that if all the ‘outsiders and foreigners’ were kicked out of Hollywood, ‘you’ll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts.’

Wow.

I haven’t heard such elitist snobbery since Hillary Clinton branded Trump supporters ‘a basket of deplorables’.

let’s move to what Streep said next: ‘Disrespect invites disrespect. Violence incites violence. When the powerful use their position to bully others, we all lose.’

At this point, I laughed out loud with incredulity.

Not at the words themselves, which are laudable.

No, it was at the hypocrisy.

You’d be hard-pushed to find an industry that encourages more disrespect and violence than Hollywood.

A place where rich powerful people make billions of dollars by regularly pandering to the lowest common denominators of sexism, racism, homophobia and misogyny.

And happily exploit ever more hideous, graphic violence to make a fast, easy buck.

And seethe from every tinsel-encrusted pore with the very kind of nasty, power-based bullying that Meryl Streep claims to be so incensed by in Trump.

So great though her censorious words indisputably are, they would be perhaps better directed at her own back yard.

To highlight just one example of Streep’s shocking hypocrisy, what about the 2003 Oscars when she leaped to her feet and gave child rapist Roman Polanski a standing ovation after he was announced as winner of Best Director for The Pianist?

She was joined by numerous superstars in the room, many of whom were also seen on camera last night applauding and cheering as Streep attacked Trump’s supposed immorality.

Clearly, their collective high moral values are a movable feast.

At the end of her speech, Streep launched a passionate defense of the press. ‘They’ll need us to safeguard the truth,’ she said.

Now, I’ve been a journalist for over 30 years. I love my industry, warts and all, and I welcome any support.

But when it comes to the truth, many parts of America’s media were found severely wanting in this election campaign.

Frankly, a lot of the coverage was a fact-starved partisan disgrace as they fought to see who could sink deeper into the tank for Hillary Clinton.

The mainstream US media, having gleefully fuelled Trump’s candidacy for months to suit their own self-serving commercial interests, then turned on him like spitting cobras when he looked like he might actually win.

It’s also a fact that no president in modern times has been so anti-press, or so intent on attacking press freedom, as Barack Obama, one of Streep’s heroes.

Under his administration, the US government has set a new record for withholding Freedom of Information Act requests. Obama’s also used the Espionage Act to prosecute whistleblowers who leak to journalists more times than all previous administrations COMBINED.

So yes, the stench of hypocrisy throughout Streep’s speech was putridly pungent.

My overriding disappointment though is that she missed a massive opportunity to do something really constructive.

I came up with the lyrical concept right after attending the Grammys for co-writing Call Me Maybe. I felt a ton of internal and external pressure to come up with something as big. I felt like the industry was pushing for everyone to be these clean-cut pop types with no edge. I knew I would never be able to be that, so I decided to write something that went the exact opposite way. I open the song talking about getting arrested for drugs in high school and go from there, embracing all of my downfalls and in fact celebrating them. Besides, all those downfalls led me to exactly where I am today. No one can live up to the perfect clean pop image, nor should they have to.
—  Josh Ramsay on Here’s to the Zeros

anonymous asked:

prescribing transition as a treatment for dysphoria isn't any different than prescribing cosmetic surgery for people with bdd or gastric bands to people with anorexia. the idea that a disorder that makes you feel alien in your own body is best treated by changing your body isn't just ridiculous propaganda pushed by the medical industry for $$$, it's also a dangerous mindset that negatively affects people with other dysmorphic disorders.

36 Questions Women Have For Men

1) How does it feel to be the same sex as Donald Trump?
> How does it feel to be the same sex as the majority of people who murder their children?
> How does it feel to be the same sex as Sarah Pailin, Hillary Clinton, Gloria Stienem, MisandryMirmaid, GeeksndMisandry, Lucie Slater, Valerie Solanas, Catherine Comins, Margaret Sanger, Robin Morgan, Andrea Dworkin, Susan Brownmiller, Sharon Stone, Catherine MacKinnon, Sally Miller Gearhart, Marilyn French, Germaine Greer, Hodee Edwards, Kathleen C. Faller, Barbara Jordan, Pat Poole, Naomi Wolf, Gerda Lerner, Roxanne Dunbar, Lenah Dunham,
Sarah Nyberg, Briana Wu, Anita Sarkesian, Zoe Quinn, Katha Pollitt, Judith Levine, Jilly Cooper, Sylvia Fraser, Donna Laframboise, Ti-Grace Atkinson, Joyce Trebilcot, Daphne Patai, home-of-amazons, realmisandryinhaiku, justicebadass, stfueverything, stfumras, japhettheprophet, milkyderp, wehavetogobacktauriel, veryradicalfeminist, Tracie Egan Morrissey, Laci Green, valleyofmeth, theroguefeminist, theplaceinsidetheblizzard, destructivefeminist, princesswolfgang, woahtheretyke, gayindustrialcomplex, lindorinand, dorkington, roycevomit, atomic-glitter, realmofvikings, ornerychelicerata, and xxhannah-i-saw-a-unicornxx?
2a) Why do you hate rom-coms?
> I don’t. Some of my favorite movies are rom-coms. But for men, and women, who hate rom-coms, there is this thing called preference. It has nothing to do with gender. For example, say someone doesn’t like vanilla ice cream. They are a heathen, of course, but they are allowed that preference. Say that person is a woman. Now say that women on average don’t like vanilla ice cream. Is it okay to assume they are all vanilla hating heathens? No. And neither is it okay to assume that there is something wrong with a person for not liking something because of their gender. Even if it is a delicious, creamy treat delivered by the great Yog-Sothoth Himself.
2b) Or do you just feel like you need to hate them?
> See above.
2c) Everybody likes the notebook. Everybody likes Beyoncé. It’s just a fact.
> This isn’t a question. I’ve never seen the notebook. I despise Beyoncé’s music, and she’s kind of a hypocrite. But, again, preferences. People are allowed to have them, and this cultish ‘like what I like, or you’re a bad person’ schtick you’re trying to pull is scary, simply because people who’ve done things with a similar mentality have ended up killing hundreds to thousands of people. Opinions are not facts. Shut up.
3) Why do you make women sit around and talk about men in movies, when y'all easily just sit around and talk about boobs for hours.
>One: No one does that. The only time I’ve seen girls talk about guys in movies is when they’re talking about whose butt is cute, who would be a good kisser, or the weird grunting noises they make when Thor and Loki come onto a screen. Two, men JOKE about tiddies, and it usually only lasts a few seconds. The only time bewbs are the focus 'for hours’ is if a guy is alone and jerkin it. Or when they are talking to a loved one about Breast Cancer.
4) Why do you automatically assume that you won’t like TV or movies that star a female lead?
>BitchWhere.jpeg
> Here’s a list of my favorite TV shows and movies: Teen Titans, Avatar The Last Airbender, Attack On Titan, Harry Potter, Kim Possible, Adventure Time, Power Puff Girls, Ben 10, Gravity Falls, Fairly Odd Parents, Pokemon, most Batman movies and TV shows, Alice In Wonderland, iCarly, Pretty Little Liars, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, NCIS, Once Upon A Time, Criminal Minds, Castle, Bones, Teen Wolf, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tangled, Silent Hill, Big Hero 6, Coralline, Rugrats and All Grown Up, Yu-Gi-Oh!, V For Vendetta, Frozen. Basically, try again.
5a) Why are you surprised when women are funny?
> I’m not. I notice it, acknowledge it, and move on. However, women who use comedy as a front to push an ideology aren’t funny. Neither are men who do that.
5b) I’m probably funnier than you.
No. No, you’re not. Your condescending, holier than thou attitude ensures that you couldn’t be funny if the funnyman had knocked up the funnywoman and made you as their lovechild.
6a) Why do you think we’re obsessed with you when we hook up?
> One; I don’t. Two; I never implied that I did. Three; Methinks the lady doth protest too much. Four; keep projecting there, sweetie.
6b) 9 times out of 10, I just want you to leave too. I’m busy, I got shit to do.
> Well, I don’t partake in this hookup culture bullshit, so we aren’t likely to meet, thankfully. I actually want something real.
7a) Why can’t I sleep with as many people as I want to without being judged?
> Everyone gets judged for everything they do. Deal with it! Also, as long as you’re safe, and aren’t intentionally spreading diseases, fuck around all you want. Just don’t expect a meaningful relationship to come of that behavior.
7b) When men do it, they’re congratulated.
> In movies! In real life most men hate men like that.
8) Why do you consider a woman a tease if she doesn’t sleep with you after three dates, but a slut if she sleeps with you on the first date?
> The tease thing is a myth pushed by the television industry. Most people don’t believe that. The only people I’ve seen call a woman a slut for fucking on the first date are OTHER WOMEN.
9) In what world does no mean yes? No means no.
> This one, on opposite day. /jokes But in all seriousness, probably Japan or the Middle East. Feminists should really look into that.
10) Why do you say that women are too emotional to be leaders, then justify catcalling by saying that men just can’t control themselves?
> Two more myths perpetuated by television! Yay! The only people who say men can’t control themselves are rapists trying (unsuccessfully) to get out of a rape charge. And the Middle East. Also, some women enjoy catcalling. You can’t enforce a rule on that based on some people not liking it.
11) Why do you think that just because you’re nice to me, I owe you my body?
> Rapists think this. If someone thinks like this, you should get them professional help, or call the cops. Also, have you seen how tumblr lesbians interact with straight women? Talk about niceguy syndrome.
12) Why would you ever send an unsolicited dick pic?
> April Fools Day? /more jokes. But in all honesty, I wouldn’t, because I’m insecure about my dick size, and don’t want to be made fun of.
13a) Why do you feel like it’s okay to harass women,
> I don’t.
13b) or make offensive comments about women,
> Offensive humor is one of the best kind, right up there with dark humor. Plus, it gets a rise out of oversensitive asshats like you, and that’s amusing.
13c) but when somebody does it to your sister, it’s not okay?
> Because fuck with my family, and I’ll fuck you up so bad that you’ll think that Sharia Law is a utopia, that’s why.
14)How does it feel to interrupt-
> Pretty fuckin good, actually. /even more jokes
14) How does it feel to interrupt me when I’m in the middle of making a point during a meeting?
> Assholes do this. Not men. Conversely, if the point you are making is controversial, expect negativity, and be prepared to have the louder, but calmer, voice.
15a) Why do you have to sit with your legs so wide open?
> Balls. Also, normally, they’re about shoulders width apart. If they are any wider, they are usually a sign of low self-esteem and a desire not to be bothered. Also, quit taking pictures of us on the subway without our consent. Not only is that creepy, it’s illegal.
15bb) I get that you have balls
> Obviously not, or you’d know why I have to sit with my legs apart.
15c) but I don’t stand around with my arms wide open to make room for my boobs.
> Are your boobs underneath your armpits? No? Then shut the fuck up, you have no idea what you are talking about.
16) Why are women perceived as the weaker sex even though we literally birth you?
> Sexual Dimorphism. Women, on average, are weaker than men, on average. Are there women who are stronger than men? Abso-fuckin-lutely. Rhonda Rousy could kick my ass six ways from Sunday. Also, birthing has nothing to do with strength. That’s pain tolerance.
17) Why is it so bad to show your emotions? It means you’re human.
> I don’t know. #MaleTears, #MasculinitySoFragile, #KillAllMen, maybe things like that?
18) Why are you always trying to prove your masculinity to me?
> I’m not. I mostly do it for myself, or other guys. Kind of like you and makeup.
19a) Why the f**k isn’t it ladylike to cuss?
> She says as she’s censored. It’s foul language, and it’s impolite for anyone to fucking use you fucking shit.
19b) When did words get genders?
> Ask the Spanish, chica.
20) Why is it your first instinct to doubt women who have been sexually violated or raped?
> What a loaded fuckin question! If they were actually violated or raped, I don’t doubt them, but until it can be proven, there is this thing that our democratic society is built upon called DUE PROCCESS. INNOCENCE UNTIL PROOVEN GUILT. Look it up sometime.
21) Why do you assume a woman is angry because she’s on her period?
> They usually are more irritable on their periods? Also, quit using the 'I’m on my period’ excuse, and we will quit assuming that is the problem when you are upset.
22a) Why do you think women that wear makeup are false advertising?
> I don’t. I rarely see guys do this. Most of the time, it’s other women.
22b) We could say the same thing about your dick size.
> It’s shit like this that makes me insecure. Also, did you compare makeup, something you have complete control over, to a dick, something men are born with and can’t change? Fuck, that’s sexist.
23a) Why isn’t it weird that there’s a bunch of old white men sitting in a room making legislation about what I can and can’t do with my body?
> Well, they were elected by you and people like you. Women outnumber men in America, and more women vote than men, and the people elected represent what those who elected them want, so if you want laws passed that benefit you, do your job and vote. Also, if you hate old white men so much, why are so many women voting for Bernie Sanders?
23b) do you have a coochie?
> Do you have a schlong? No? Then shut up about circumcision.
24) Why are straight guys so obsessed with lesbians?
> Why are straight, and even lesbian, girls on tumblr such yaoi fetishists? Also, straight guys find girls hot. So something with two girls is twice as hot. Also, straight guys generally don’t like looking at penises. Because they’re straight.
25) How does it feel to get kicked in the balls?
> Have you been stabbed? It’s worse, but the pain doesn’t last as long. Stab pain lasts longer; ball kick pain = hurts more.
26) Do you ever get tired of trying to be manly all the time?
> Some men do. I like being physically useful, and playing violent video games, and things like that though.
27) Why are you so afraid of gender equality?
> Considering it already exists for women in America, and I live here, I’m not. If I were, I’d go live in the Middle East.
28) Why do I deserve to be paid less than you?
> Maybe you work fewer hours, take more brakes, take more sick days, or don’t work in the same position I do. Other than those factors, if you still get paid less than me, I will help you when you go report the business to the police, because there are laws against paying someone who does the exact same job in the exact same company for the exact same hours less because of their gender.
30)  In what world does $0.77 equal $1.00?
> See above.
31) In what world does $0.68 equal $1.00?
> Still see above.
32) In what world is that fair?
> Even still see above.
33a) Why are you intimidated by a woman that makes more money than you?
> I’m not. Next question.
33b) That’s awesome! More money!
> More problems
34a) Why are opinionated women seen as bitches
> Opinionated people suck. I didn’t ask for your opinion, so don’t give it to me.
34b) when opinionated men are seen as bosses?
> They aren’t. They’re just as annoying as the women. They are dicks, knowitalls, assholes, asshats, etcetera.
35) Why aren’t you speaking up when you hear your male friends behind closed doors that are offensive to women?
> I thought you were funnier than me. Listen, honey, how does this sound to you?
 Person A: Makes offensive joke behind closed doors
 Persons B, C, and D: Laughing
 Me: Hey, could you maybe not say those things? The women who can’t even hear you right now because we are in private behind closed doors could get offended.
 Persons A, B, C, and D: Staring at me
 Me: Really, guys, I know they can’t hear you, but they could still somehow get offended because of their delicate feelings. Don’t you know that women are sensitive creatures who need to be protected and coddled at every cost, so that mean words don’t strike them down?
 Person A: That sounds kind of sexist, dude.
36a) Why are you so afraid of recognizing your own privilege?
> I don’t have any. I live in an apartment complex, live below the poverty line, barely passed high school, and suffer from depression, anxiety, and Asperger’s. But yeah, you with your designer clothes, $200 haircut, and feature spot on BuzzFeed, tell me all about that privilege I have.
36b) It doesn’t mean you’re a bad person
> Tell that to tumblr.
36c) Just recognise it and do something about it.
> Says the woman living in a first world country.

Sexism in the IT industry

Today, while I was checking my emails and notifications on Twitter, Facebook, etc… I noticed I received an email on LinkedIn from someone who I recently accepted the invite thinking we would have a professional chat.

However, this is what I saw:

Nothing can piss me off more… How can people want to see more women in the IT industry if this is the kind of comment we get?

It is not the first time I get comments on what I look like rather than on what I am capable of but receiving that on LinkedIn is maybe even more pathetic.

Who cares who’s hot, who’s not? I love programming, this is my passion and THAT is what matters and this is what I would like people to see in me.

How do you want to fight the impostor syndrome of telling yourself “I got the job just because I’m a woman” if the only thing people tell you is like “Oh, you’re doing IT…?”, or “You don’t have the face of someone who’s into robotics”…

I’m really fed up of the idea that women just need to be sexy and this is it. Sexism is still present in the industry and pushing women away from programming careers. This is just sad.

I’ve seen a lot of really upset and discouraged vegan friends on my dash lately, so I’d like to offer a word of encouragement. I absolutely understand that it can feel overwhelming most of the time (or all of the time). The amount of suffering and cruelty happening to animals is incomprehensible, and it’s ok to be upset about that. And unfortunately, things look like they’re going to get worse before they get better. More and more local governments are passing “ag-gag” laws that make it illegal for us to expose what happens in the slaughterhouses. Global meat consumption is expected to double by 2050. Activists are facing criminal charges for something as simple as giving a thirsty pig water and comforting him in the moments leading up to his death. 

But please, never ever give up. If anything, those are all reasons for us to fight harder. Those ag-gag laws? The animal agriculture industry is pushing them so hard because they know that we’re making progress, and that scares them. They’re trying to limit our ability to spread information, because they know we’re a threat. They are afraid of us. They’re afraid of our ideas because we’re right. And if a multi-billion dollar industry built on the suffering and exploitation of the innocent is afraid of a few little activists, you’d better believe that we’re doing something pretty awesome.

hazy - part i

Rating: T/PG-13 | Total Words: 10597 | Pairings: Adrien Agreste/Marinette Dupain-Cheng | time jump fic, angst

Things this fic was supposed to be:
-a oneshot
-appropriately angsty
-unresolved

Things this fic is:
-a three parter
-an angst spiral
-somehow got resolved at the end I think idk what’s going on really

Really, just blame Téa - @sadrien​ . It was her time jump fic that inspired this, after all.

Thanks to @raikou (who may or may not be awake right now) who spent like all day/night with me yesterday fleshing this whole thing out. High five for messed up sleeping schedules.

[ao3]

What if I fall and hurt myself / Would you know how to fix me? / What if I went and lost myself / Would you know where to find me? / If I forgot who I am / Would you please remind me? / Oh, cause without you things go hazy


“What do you want to do after this?” Nino had asked once, when they were lying on the floor of Adrien’s bedroom, after a particularly tiring round of trying to catch flying potato chips in their mouths.

“What do you mean?” Adrien had wondered. “Like for dinner?”

Nino had laughed at that, and his head had turned towards his friend, neck resting on the pad of one of his black and blue headphones. “No, man, like in life. After we graduate.”

“I guess I’ve never thought about it,” Adrien remembers saying, even years later. “I guess I’d go to university. Move to some quiet place. I’m tired of big cities.”


It’s funny, the way getting what you want can feel like.

Adrien takes a deep breath, letting the cool air coming off the lake fill his lungs. The Mont du Chat might be a tough climb, but it’s worth it for this view. Everything here is so peaceful it’s almost like the world’s come to a stand still. He’s tempted to get lost in it. The blues of the water and the greens of the hills might just be the prettiest colors he’s ever seen, especially in the afternoon’s light.

He can’t stay, though. For once in the four years he’s been here, he has to be somewhere important enough to not bask in the beauty of this setting. It’s not quite the same pressure of his childhood; the ticking of the clocks and the clicking of Nathalie’s heels and every moment scheduled down to the millisecond. Technically, he can be late to this one.

However, it’s rude to keep someone waiting for you. He’s retained that lesson from his youth, at the very least.

Adrien turns and makes the march down the paved road.

Keep reading