Arcade Rakan “What IS this? Is it a healing potion? It’s blue! Xayah? XAYAH! Where’d she go?”
I feel it’s pertinent to mention that Night of Fire by Initial D is basically this thing’s theme song for how many times it repeated over the hours I spent on it.
Other notes: - Backing animation is a round of DDR ;) - That said, figuring out a feasible dance for him was hard (let alone alongside an Arcade Xayah!), but maybe something like this? (About 15 seconds worth, sound warning!) Dunno! Leave a comment with a suggestion!
Note: I would hugely appreciate it if you linked back to this if you decide to redraw it! Also, please don’t post this outside Tumblr without asking! Thank you!
Maaaak, do you like shoujo? ♥ (I think you mentioned it to me once, but I'm not sure) if you do, what are your favorite anime/mangas?
LONG POST AHEAD!
I do like shoujo :3c ♥ ♥ ♥ i’ve loved shoujo ever since Cardcaptor Sakura ~ (that was one of my fave childhood animes
here’s a list of my favorite ones (so far, in no particular order):
1. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun / My Little Monster the theme song is sooooooo catchy and adorable and so rainbow-y! there’s a maka look alike! (she’s in my header btw), and haru is just the sweetest dorkiest anime character. i have a soma au for this. and there is a love triangle. i need a season 2. i am dying. save me. this has been one of my favorite shoujo animes for a long time ♥
2. Kyoukai no Kanata / Beyond the Boundary it’s kind of not a typical shoujo, because it has a lot of action in it- but the art & animation style is just #artgoals and #gorgeous and the characters are so lovable i could scream. also i have not watched the movies yet but i would so love to watch them soon
3. Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji / Wolf Girl and Black Prince i honestly would recommend the manga (since it’s better than the anime), but i love the ending song???? it’s so catchy and i will make a soma animation for it one day. this was honestly the inspiration for my mak persona! i only recommend it if you read a bit of the manga and want to see it animated
4. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso / Your Lie in April if you’ve seen tumblr posts and gifs about this and know a thing or two about the story, then you know why this is my fave. the art and animation style is AHMAZING, the story is sooooo good??? (feels though im warning you) the ending could have been a little bit slower? but it still wraps up the anime very well, it gives all the characters closure. (did i mention the characters are all lovable too??). also i want to animate the theme song for soma au not gonna lie
5. Akagami no Shirayukihime / Snow White with the Red Hair the ones who produced this was the same animation studio that handled Soul Eater!! (studio bones)!! girl power tbh shirayuki (the red haired girl) is such an independent girl
i love her. also there’s a white haired boy who i think you’ll love cuz he is already one of my cinnamon rolls. freaking potential SoMa au i tell u (there are 2 seasons but i wish for another one) (also i love shirazenobi) (casually tags @l0chn3ss)
6. Nisekoi / False Love soul’s VA is the same as the male main character’s VA. nuff said. no but seriously i love every single character here. it’s the only harem i would dare to watch. it’s so funny and light-hearted and the plot will keep having twists. it’s really fun to watch. @l0chn3ss, @flamedork and i made a SoMa au for it last soma week :D the anime ending had something missing to it, but i believe you’ll still enjoy it nonetheless
7. Nagi no Asukara / A Lull in the Sea OKAY I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TBH out of all of the shoujo animes i listed as my fave, this one takes the cake. i actually did not expect any of the twists, and the story goes really deep. the ending could have gone better tbh (im so salty about how it ended too quickly), but the characters and how everyone interacts, it just makes you keep wanting to watch it D: (plus! the art style is adorable im crying about it. the animation of the waves and the sea– and the opening and ending themes are soooo cool
8. Cardcaptor Sakura oldie but goodie! there’s also a reboot coming up (or a sequel i think? based on the new Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Cards manga- which is so amazing for people who love nostalgic shows) idk if i can say any more about it, but it’s a magical girl story! and i love every single character. syaoran is my blushy-blush child.
9. Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru / This Art Club Has a Problem! this was one of the most recent i’ve watched and it’s totally not like all the others. mainly because… it’s just so random? it’s a school anime about an art club and i just love the characters and the randomness of it all. i totally ship these two who are just so cute together but the guy is too dense. eurghhh (this anime has a manga but i havent read it so i cant say much about it)
10. Tamako Market this is one of the cutest shoujo i’ve ever seen. oh my gosh- you will love tamako. for sure. also! the animation is so fluid and adorable! the opening will make u puke rainbows bc of the cuteness, and the ending is so aesthetic, every scene would be worthy for a gifset. the story is different for a school type anime (it’s more centered on the marketplace tamako lives in) and it revolves around all the characters and their development and relationship to tamako :3
11. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (i’ve memorized this anime title) / We Still Don’t Know the Name of the Flower We Saw that Day (or in shorter terms: AnoHana) this anime is definitely one of the best ones. it will make you cry. produced by A-1 pictures, the same ones who animated this prized piece. you will definitely cry. it’s best if you watch for yourself if you havent watched it yet ;w; p.s. i love menma so much hrhrrrr
1. Hirunaka no Ryuusei / Daytime Shooting Star the art style of this manga is my aesthetic tbh. the characters and the love triangle is my fave part– for me, ending could have been less rushed tho (i will fight for mamura) (just a warning, there’s a teacher-student thing going on)
JUST LOOK AT THE ART STYLE DAMN
2. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun / My Little Monster yeah this has a manga too! i love the characters and the love triangle too (you can see i have a type), and the art style is so lit, you’re gonna love it. i don’t remember if i loved the ending, but yeah it’s completed as well
3. Taiyou no Ie / House of the Sun i don’t remember much of the story anymore (since it was such a long time ago since i last read it), but the art style is so cute it will give u cavities. it’s kind of weird since the couple may seem like siblings, but eh, they’re just really close childhood friends. if you like domestic fluff, you will love this.
4. Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji / Wolf Girl and Black Prince i basically love the character development. the art style also gets better over time and the story so far is going through so many twists. i have not caught up too much so pls no spoilers :“)
5. Akagami no Shirayukihime / Snow White with the Red Hair yeah this has a manga too! right now the manga is still ongoing so it’s not too late to catch up :”) i also need to catch up though hehe
6. Nisekoi / False Love it also has a manga!! if the anime is super good, then the manga is so much better. it handles so much character development and i seriously got addicted to it the more i kept reading. unfortunately it’s finished (i wanted to see more heh), but the ending is kept with good closure for each character (for a harem, that’s a blessing), but it also depends on who you’re betting on for raku ;w;
(not sure if i should add this but i want to talk about it :>)
1. Kimi No Na Wa / Your Name have i talked about this enough? no? well im gonna talk about it anyway
it’s so amazing. i literally screamed all throughout (well maybe not really). the animation. the voice acting. the characters. the designs. the music. the aesthetic. the story. THE STORY AGH you will cry. or at least be moved.
2. Koe no Katachi / A Silent Voice this movie gave me a great hype tbh. even though the ending could have been a bit more thought out (as you can see i have such a high standards for endings), the story and the feels totally made up for it. it deals with a more serious topic than Kimi No Na Wa but it’s worth the watch esp if you like crying good animation and friendship-type shoujos (but u will have feels. i promise).
Summary: Dan starts to get love notes in his locker in the form of origami stars, so he gets the help of his best friend, Phil, to figure out who it is. Word Count: 2,398 Warnings: cussing A/N: Thanks to @insanityplaysfics as always for giving me ideas. I’m a fucking sap recently because my boyfriend proposed to me and I just wanna write a crapton of fluff and puke rainbows everywhere. This is short and sweet, which is very rare for me! I hope you like it anyways! Read it on AO3
The day Dan opened his locker to a strange slip of paper folded into an origami star was one of the strangest moments of his life.
“What,” Dan said simply, giving the offending paper a strange look. He bent down and retrieved it, staring at it long and hard. It was thin, made with a flowery paper, and he could just make out words written in very small print on it. “What,” Dan said again.
With a small amount of struggle, Dan managed to unwrap the star, revealing the writing inside. The script was sloppy to the point where Dan thinks it was written with the wrong hand. Dan said “what” again and the word didn’t even sound like it was real anymore. It took him a few minutes to read what it said due to the scribble, but he eventually managed.
‘i used to stare out the window because i thought the scenery was beautiful. Then i saw you and suddenly the world didnt seem nearly as captivating as before.’
Because it’s the Inquisition, and apparently everyone has an opinion (a.k.a. the companions are idiots with no sense of boundaries). Fluff.
Dorian wakes wondering why he’s wrapped in an extra blanket - he’s been meaning to requisition one, they aren’t in the hotter months yet and the Plains can be cold - until he realises that said blanket is actually an astonishingly warm, asleep man. He doesn’t particularly mind. This far south, he’ll take any heat he can get. He absentmindedly examines one of the arms around his waist, plucks at Gal’s sleeve with half-conscious curiosity, and touches the hand that’s glowing slightly in the dim light.
He’s certain they started out with separate bedrolls, or at least nominally separate ones. He wonders when the gap was closed, but considering it in any more detail would require proper thought, and for now he’s quite happy to enjoy the haze. He lies there, on the edge of sleep and thinking in circles, until he finds himself closing his eyes and savouring the feeling. It’s far too comfortable, and it shouldn’t be.
He extricates himself as gently as possible, shifting and rolling over. It’s an art, leaving without waking a bed partner, and really he should be finding his leathers and his gear. But he glances at Gal, and for some reason he lingers.
If 5x19 is
indicative of the final four episodes of Season 5, then we are in for one hell
of a ride.
After setting Oliver and Felicity off into trajectories, Arrow
returns to the center as Felicity’s relationship with Helix come to a head. Original Team Arrow is splintered as Felicity
aligns herself against Oliver and Diggle. Smoak versus Arrow is more than just Felicity
going head to head with those who know and love her best. It’s about diving into Felicity’s real
motivations. Sure, we were told Felicity’s grief over Billy is pushing her over
(keep singing that tune Arrow),
but we knew there was more. The truth
is, Felicity’s motivations haven’t strayed too far from center after all.
Imagine in the future where Lauren is a solo artist and her and Camila does a song collab. With Lauren's mind and Camila's way with words, that song is gonna puke poetry and rainbows and Im gonna let Camren take all my coins