The new Shizaya Author's Generation
The New Shizaya Authors’ Generation
Good Day to Everybody who is reading this.
You are on 2014-2015 searching for enjoyable Shizaya stories?
But we aren’t speaking about the good old masterpieces like:
Catnip, Dying Message and Filled to the Brim by RukawaGF, Beautiful Mess and all the wrong reasons by Mistresskiko, Chronic and Love blind eyes by thirteen-forty-two. And you aren’t even asking for the almost clandestine old serious material like Corpse Road by Soul Under, Gospel of Deception by thereisafire, Broken by leviathanofthesky, Under the surface by caelice and even the good fluff and angsty Frigility by Twilight Zephyr.
Sure and nobody can’t speak the contrary, the already listed fanfictions were incredible, each held a different and unique kind of magic, and I know there are more like Xaleria07’s work “A little thing called Love”, let’s name DRRRLover1224’s work who brought us a lot of laughs and coos for her work “Hush little bartender”, but then I won’t be able to finish today, these ones were the most popular and personally most enjoyed. The old material is seriously good.
Stories like Catnip by RukawaGF aren’t even finished but sure are unique pieces of art we can’t ignore. I’m not saying the “old” material is boring more less a negative aspect, out of the contrary my fellows, out of the contrary… But this list is also to show the world the newest authors that I’m sure have a massive potential to reach the review’s first pages.
We are aware the Shizaya fandom is getting AGAIN popular, why? Because the second season… rather; the whole three mini seasons were already sketched for 2015, and the people’s attention is already picked by it, we are all happy about Durarara!! X2. The fandom is getting here and there, the fan art is increasing, we are getting excited, the blogs don’t stop talking about it and as always the Fan Fiction media is overflowing.
There are a lot of people who never left the fandom and kept on waiting for the authors in fan fiction to update, the good stories hadn’t stop since then but the reason you are here is because you are interested in knowing the new fruits of fan fiction to the world.
I am going to list at least 5 new fan fictions that I consider them good and interesting. Though some are relatively new, I will warn and list them anyways, some fanfictions I am surprised they lack of reviews even if the flow and the writing style is just amazing and outstanding.
With this I also ask you to review these authors, their stories are simply exhilarating, don’t just go and use the filters for the most reviewed, I’m sure the first ones are good stories but give this authors and their stories a try, I’m sure you will love their ideas:
I start here and I am really shocked this story doesn’t have the reviews it deserves, this is the oldest of the list and I think one of the best angsty fanfic in the fandom, considering the dark atmosphere and the hazy hope you slowly build within every word you read, the story is simply amazing and I will list it over here since it is not even good reviewed, it was published in 2011.
“Without” by Nocturnalux: Izaya commits suicide by jumping off a skyscraper in front of Shizuo. Shizuo is unable to cope with it and sets out to discover the reasons that led Izaya to it. Very dark fic
So this the listing starts, be aware I will randomly order it, not from good to least good, no nothing, I’m just ordering without specific reason for the order.
- 1. Breaking Point – Abreaction – Mend by Novoux.
No guys this name is not that long; actually is a trilogy of One-Shots, which means there are three chapters in total a very short fic but believe me when I say it worth every single review it could get, unfortunately the author don’t get them, why guys are you so lazy? This author’s style is simply beautiful. Here the links and the summaries.
- Breaking Point: A careful relationship painfully awkward in its first stages becoming more of a dragging routine the further apart they were. L-word turning back to angry hatred that stirred up more fights in the past month they’ve ever had in a month before they were together. Shizaya.
- Abreaction: He couldn’t forget. This had all been planned out so carefully, his plan to erase his memories to the point where they’d be smudges on paper and not jabbing him every minute of the hour. Izaya wasn’t sure how long he can pretend it doesn’t hurt when Shizuo’s already given in. It shouldn’t be this way and this relationship wasn’t meant to exist. Sequel to Breaking Point. Shizaya.
- Mend: “You don’t have to give up. Trust me, is all I’m asking. I’m not making you something you’re not.” They both needed this more than they cared to admit. Final to Mend series, sequel to Abreaction. Shizaya.
This fanfictions are by Novoux and this Author has other good works, delicate pieces of work, with nice descriptions and beautiful atmosphere such as “Touch” but this one is Lemon/smut, so I warn you guys, I’ll post the link For touch:
Touch by Novoux: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10788353/1/Touch
And to be honest I could list her all fics but I find these listed ones very beautiful, so let’s move to the second!
- 2. I want to stay with you, forever. By Shorihime’s – Shizaya stories : That- had been a gunshot. Time seemed to freeze as three simple thoughts slowly formed in Shizuo’s mind. -Someone died in that alley. -Izaya was in that alley. -Izaya fought with knives. “No way…”, he mumbled. “…they couldn't…” “…they-” Without a second thought he dashed off. -Don’t you dare die on me… Izaya! (Chap. 3) Shizaya, fluffy, angst & later lemons.
Basically the story is a whole fucked up mystery, which is fantastic, though things are very clear, the tension from the start is really amazing, I can’t spoil you much because I want you to click the link and pay this author a visit, You want action and romance? Then check this out because “BOOM” will blow your nerves! We hope the author clear us some mysteries soon right? I’m just enjoying this story so much I hope she knew how much this affects me ;)
- 3. Freudian Slip by S.Miyuki: A slip of tongue wasn’t a big deal. Normally. But when you were Heiwajima Shizuo and you happened to yell it to Orihara Izaya in front of half Ikebukuro… well it was a completely different matter. Shizaya.
HAHAHAH Guys, this is one of the best Shizaya stories I have ever read, Oh lord! PLEASE do yourself a favor and check this out, you want to laugh and feel butterflies all over your belly then give this pretty work a try! It’s one of the best One-Shots ever written <3 This was funny, cute and very VERY inside character!
Oh guys <3 it has a sequel
Sequel: The Suspension Bridge Effect: Trolling the whole town into believing that you were in a relationship with your archenemy wasn’t really a big deal. Normally. But when you were Orihara Izaya and your archenemy just happened to be Heiwajima Shizuo… Well it was a completely different matter… especially since said archenemy was making a point of crossing all reasonable boundaries. Shizaya, Freudian Slip’s Sequel!
- 4. Rabbit Hole by VenemousSyring: They are all sick of Izaya; they made a little secret group with Shizuo to try to break the informant and after concluding that no physical harm will bring Izaya down, they all turn to count on Shizuo to make Izaya fall for him. They will record every move and breath; every secret and every vulnerable fiber of the informant in order to expose Izaya on the screens of Japan. SHIZAYA
No words to describe the heart smash when you read this story, the concepts and the chapters are so well written it makes your skin crawl, apart from judging a fic for grammar, this FF uses so many descriptions and spirit swells, it makes you think it is perfectly written, with every single chapter your fortitude breaks even more. I’m impressed by the psychological character’s analysis and In-Character even if the protagonists are stuck in such a peculiar situation. You want the hate; love, hope and anger collide within your heart? Let’s pray for hope guys! GIVE this amazing story a chance!!! Totally romance Shizaya.
- 5. Icebreaker by Infinite Vertigo: When Izaya checks himself into the mental hospital, Shizuo finds himself unable to not visit-not because he cared, of course, but because he was curious-bringing with him taunts, annoyance, and a bag of ice. Shizaya
- 6. Chancing on Apathy by Infinite Vertigo: And for Heiwajima Shizuo, graduating high school has come down to two things: fail his senior year or kiss Orihara Izaya. The choice may just kill him. Shizaya
Okay guys! You noticed I listed TWO fics from this author but is that BOTH are so beautiful and hey, I selected this two not because it was of the same author but because they are so beautiful I just couldn’t just ignore the urges to post them both.
One is totally angst, it’s number 5 and it is really amazing, it makes you feel so sorry and it’s very IN-CHARACTER, the second one is a totally different atmosphere, it is mostly sweet and fluffy and very good written.
So that’s it for now guys, I hope you liked this fanfictions and get fun by reading this new authors!