1. no one is forcing you to be on here
but also some real advice:
2. you chose the people you follow. someone posts shit you don’t like? unfollow. you will feel so much better. you don’t owe anyone anything. you’re allowed to have a dash you like.
3. it’s a mutual/friend and you’re scared to unfollow them? Talk to them about it. “Hey, I like you as a person but your blog isn’t really into my interests anymore. Would you mind if I unfollowed you? I don’t hate you at all and you can still message me and reply to my stuff!” 99% of the time, they won’t mind.
4. unfollow popular blogs. their stuff is gonna pop up on your dash anyway if it’s good, and they’re more likely to take part in the “tumblr hivemind” that you hate.
5. humans are diverse and wherever there are humans, there is conflict. It’s not “this website!!1!”, it’s not Tumblr itself, it’s just people. Maybe the format of this website is different and helps this “hivemind” effect, I don’t know, but it always boils down to people sharing stuff and disagreeing, and that’s not specific to tumblr.
6. remember that the content you see on your dash is posted by people you have elected to follow, always. You can hate the “tumblr hivemind” (I do, too), but you have a choice to not see it on your dash.
I hardly ever see ANYTHING I don’t like or approve of on my dash. I have unfollowed everyone who made me uncomfortable. I have unfollowed some mutuals after asking them and making it clear that it wasn’t against them.
Tumblr is suppose to be leisure, if it makes you angry to browse your dash you need to do some cleaning up!