Comedy about two very different families living
right next to each other: The Lepics and the Bouleys. There are nine seasons so
we can see the characters evolve on a really long time period. Some serious
issues are tackled with humour, like education, how to cope with the death of a
loved one, or how parents react to one of their children coming out as gay, for
instance. Most of the characters are really lovable and you easily get attached
to them even though they can be annoying sometimes. Also, there are some really
funny moments. I wouldn’t say it’s one of my favourite shows ever but I had a
nice time watching it (though, I haven’t watched all the seasons yet).
Trigger warning: none that I can think of (this
show is suitable for children).
Level of difficulty when it comes to French: I
think it should be fine (there’s nothing really technical, the show’s about
everyday life, so it mainly uses colloquial/casual French).
Les Bleus premiers pas dans la police:
A four-season show about rookies in the French
police. I used to really love this show when I was in middle school, and I have
very fond memories of it now, even if I haven’t watched it for a long time.
This show has diversity and representation: a Muslim man (who is one of the
main characters) and his family, gay men (one of them is also a main character),
a bisexual woman (also a main character in the first seasons), and so on. It
also portrays strong female characters (including a woman in a position of
power, from season 2 to the end I think). The characters are very lovable (in
my opinion), and funny. By the way, this show has very funny moments as well as
serious moments (including the scenes showing how the LGBT characters and the
women deal with discrimination at their workplace or elsewhere). The only
problem with this show is that the end is a bit unsatisfying considering it
stopped because it failed to get renewed (or at least that’s what I understood
at the time).
Trigger warning: depiction of discrimination
(for instance, homophobia), and of course the usual warnings when it comes to
cop shows (even though it is far less graphic than most other shows of this
kind, and there are less murder investigations than in most investigation
Level of difficulty when it comes to French: I
think this one is okay too. There might be some terms describing police stuff,
but all in all it’s pretty casual.
Le Bureau des Légendes (ongoing show):
A show about the DGSE (Direction Générale de la
Sécurité Extérieure), which is basically the French intelligence agency
concerning foreign matters. It has three seasons so far and it’s one of my
favourite TV show ever. It’s captivating, I got really attached to many of the
characters (and most of them are not completely good or bad, there are a lot of
grey characters, which is great), and it’s also really moving (especially the
last season I think). One of my favourite thing about this show is its
subtlety: it’s deeply moving, but in a subtle and somewhat low-key way. There
are close to no typical tear-jerking scenes, with sad music and close-ups on
the crying faces of devastated characters. There are really sad scenes, but
they are played out with a great sobriety.
Trigger warning: psychological and physical
torture (nothing too graphic though).
Level of difficulty when it comes to French: it
should be mainly okay, I think. There are probably some technical terms, since
it’s about an intelligence agency, but it should be understandable as a whole.
Also, many scenes are in other languages (English, Farsi, Arabic, etc) and are
subtitled in French, which is really good in order to practise your written
Les Revenants (ongoing show):
A show about dead people coming back to life in
a village of the Pyrénées. It only has two seasons so far, but I’m really
looking forward to more. The show is really mysterious, with a gloomy
atmosphere that I absolutely love. The dead people (who are from different
generations and died at different times) come back to their family/loved ones
(when they have some), and no one understands what happened, including the dead
people. After their arrival, other very strange events take place in the
village. Some characters have very dubious motives and you’re often unsettled,
not knowing what to think of them. However, you can’t help but to get attached
to some of them anyway. This show has some very serious themes like how to cope
with the death of a loved one, death in general, love, family (by blood or by
Trigger warnings: death, suicide.
Level of difficulty concerning French: I think
it’s pretty okay… The show aired on American TV so you can probably find a
subtitled version quite easily, which is pretty cool :D
My favourite French tv show (and even my favourite
show ever). This show depicts the Arthurian legend in a humorous way, and it’s
one of the funniest thing I’ve ever watched. The humour is unique, the
characters are really lovable, and the entire show is extremely creative: this
is honestly pure genius. Plus, the atmosphere evolves from something
exclusively light and funny to something that is serious and deeply moving at
times. The show goes from episodes that last a few minutes to far longer
episodes in the 6th (and last) book (=season). I could go on and on
about this show, but nothing I could say would make it justice. Honestly, just
give it a go, this is brilliant.
PS: Alexandre Astier (who plays Arhtur, wrote
the scenario, the music and basically came up with this entire masterpiece) is
a national hero. That’s all I had to say.
Trigger warning: it’s really funny and you’re
having the time of your life, and suddenly there is a serious/sad scene and you
feel like crying (but it’s worth it)… just be prepared ^^
Level of difficulty concerning French: it might
be pretty hard at first, because they speak quite quickly and use weird
expressions (but then, use these expressions in front of Kaamelott fans [ie a
looooot of people] and see their faces lit up => it could be really
rewarding I think).
Apart from these, all the creations canal +
(Braquo, Engrenages, Cercle polaire…) have a good reputation/positive reviews I
think, but I’ve only watched Les
Revenants and Le Bureau des Légendes
for now, so I only talked about those ^^
I think many people like 10 pour cent and Hero Corp
too, but I haven’t watched them (yet) so I couldn’t include them in the
Ok but um... psychologically speaking trigger warnings inhibit recovery of PTSD, and any other mental illness or "discomfort" in no way merits a trigger warning because it will trigger nothing but emotions.
okay but like….
what’s so wrong with us wanting our 100,000 followers the ability to feel comfortable and god forbid more-or-less happy whilst viewing our blog?
do trigger warnings hurt anybody? no? then what’s your issue with them?
christ i swear some people on this website WANT to make other people’s lives shitty
Look, I’m usually an utter fiend when it comes to fics. But for mp100 I haven’t found a great NUMBER and good fics, and it’s purely because I haven’t searched enough. It’s super sad. But I still do have some!
A breach of trust by @phantomrose96 : (warnings: psychological horror esque and child abuse, but know that it is not in support of them) of course I have to recommend this one, OF COURSE I DO. If you haven’t read this yet, read it right now. I’m fairly certain this is the most popular mp100 fic? It deserves that title, though—the writing is phenomenal. With every new chapter, I always wrench out at least 5 new draws for it, it’s crazy. The premise is that mob’s Shishou is mogami, not Reigen, and you can already see why that’s bad. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg…this story will fuck. You. Up. I’m trying really hard not to spoil everything. Please just let my utter passion for this story speak for itself. Just please choose to get invested in this heart wrenching story (Also the author is a total sweetheart but that’s not exactly related to the plot)
Pompeii by @terumobbed : this is a brilliant character study of minori asagiri by my dear friend. Her writing is so hurtful, and I loved the way she characterized minori. If you want more minori, you’re basically saying you want this fic, enough said
Wake by @amaranthinecanicular : I read this all in one sitting ? It’s an ageswap fic, and I adore how the author characterized mob and Reigen. There’s also the sweetest relationship between mob and teru that sweetens my cold cold heart……………. The family loving feelings are so good in this one. Please read this
A house made of cards by @phantomrose96 : um. I’m not sure what to say with this. It’s incredibly incredibly good, and I can’t tell you to avoid it because you simply must read it, but…stay on your toes. This one will hurt. Go in warily. That’s all I can say.
UHHHHH WOW! HECK! this is an AU where ???%, a separate entity, is trapped in Reigen. This kept me on my toes and satisfied a horrible part of myself. It’s very interesting, very fascinating………. Warnings for body horror tho!!!!! But UNF if ur into that stuff like i am just go right in you’ll heckin love it
A new killer causes a worldwide media sensation by committing crimes so depraved, that they’re creating a global panic. It appears that he chooses his victims random, but they’re always accompanied by a riddle that leads to the next one. Special Agent and Profiler Hermione Granger teams up with Draco Malfoy to stop the killer—if they can solve his most complex and terrifying puzzle.
Will Hermione see through the killer’s game before her time runs out? Or will she lose herself in his maze of terror?
Warnings: Psychological anguish / Torture / Murder / Explicit Murder / Bestial ways to kill someone / Blood and Gore / Modern AU / Serial!killer AU /Psychopathology & Sociopathy
in the anabasis verse, how do anakin and padme fit together as people? what do they actually like about each other? i get the feeling you're constructing a much healthier relationship than canon; how does that work out? you always have the best meta about how people work as people, as directly opposed to george lucas's complete lack of comprehension of how real life human emotions work (exhibit a: "my heart is beating... hoping that kiss will not become a scar") and i'm really curious!
Hey now, be fair! Anakin’s dreadful lines in canon would actually work really well…if they were just delivered in a completely different tone.
Like, “My heart is beating… hoping that kiss will not become a scar” as said in the film is painfully melodramatic and ridiculous. But the same line delivered deadpan? Hilarious. Or said with dramatic flair while throwing a hand over his brow and swooning backward over the arm of the couch? Amazing.
What I’m saying is the dialogue as is actually could have been really cute and funny if it just…didn’t take itself seriously. You missed such an opportunity there, George.
tl;dr: Let Anakin be a dweeb.
But I’m supposed to be talking about Anabasis. And as this is probably gonna get long, here’s a cut.
1. THE PATHOLOGICAL LIAR is skillfully deceptive and very convincing. Avoids accountability by diverting topics, dodging questions, and making up new lies, bluffs or threats when questioned. His memory is self serving as he denies past statements. Constant chaos and diverting from reality is their chosen environment.
2. THE CONTRACT BREAKER agrees to anything then turns around and does the opposite. Marriage, Legal, Custody agreements, normal social/personal protocol are meaningless. This con artist will accuse you of being the contract breaker. Enjoys orchestrating legal action and playing the role of the ‘poor me’ victim.
3. THE HIGH ROLLER Successfully plows and backstabs his way to the top. His family a disposable prop in his success facade. Is charismatic, eloquent and intelligent in his field, but often fakes abilities and credentials. Needs to have iron-fisted control, relying on his manipulation skills. Will ruthlessly support, exploit or target others in pursuit of his ever-changing agenda. Mercilessly abuses the power of his position. Uses treachery or terrorism to rule or govern. Potential problem or failure situations are delegated to others. A vindictive bully in the office with no social or personal conscience. Often suspicious and paranoid. Others may support him to further their own Mephistophelian objectives, but this wheeler-dealer leaves them holding the bag. Disappears quickly when consequences loom.
4. THE SEXUAL NARCISSIST is often hypersexual (male or female). Pornography, masturbation, incest are reported by his targets. Anything, anyone, young, old, male/female, are there for his gratification. This predator takes what is available. Can have a preference for ‘sado-maso’ sexuality. Often easily bored, he demands increasingly deviant stimulation. However, another behaviour exists, the one who withholds sex or emotional support. Expect this type to try to degrade you. Get away from him. Expect him to tell lies about your sexuality to evade exposure of his own.
5. THE BLAME-GAME NARCISSIST never accepts responsibility. Blames others for his failures and circumstances. A master at projection.
6. THE VIOLENT NARCISSIST is a wife-Beater, Murderer, Serial Killer, Stalker, Terrorist. Has a ‘chip-on-his-shoulder’ attitude. He lashes out and destroys or uses others (particularly women and children) as scapegoats for his aggression or revenge. He has poor impulse control. Fearless and guiltless, he shows bad judgement. He anticipates betrayal, humiliation or punishment, imagines rejection and will reject first to ‘get it over with’. He will harass and push to make you pay attention to him and get a reaction. He will try to make you look out of control. Can become dangerous and unpredictable. Has no remorse or regard for the rights of others.
7. THE CONTROLLER/MANIPULATOR pits people against each other. Keeps his allies and targets separated. Is verbally skillful at twisting words and actions. Is charismatic and usually gets his way. Often undermines our support network and discourages us from seeing our family and friends. Money is often his objective. Other people’s money is even better. He is ruthless, demanding and cruel. This control-freak bully wants you pregnant, isolated and financially dependent on him. Appears pitiful, confused and in need of help. We rush in to help him with our finances, assets, and talents. We may be used as his proxy interacting with others on his behalf as he sets us up to take the fall or enjoys the performance he is directing.
8. THE SUBSTANCE ABUSER Alcohol, drugs, you name it, this N does it. We see his over-indulgence in food, exercise or sex and his need for instant gratification. Will want you to do likewise.
9. OUR “SOUL MATE” is cunning and knows who to select and who to avoid. He will come on strong, sweep us off our feet. He seems to have the same values, interests, goals, philosophies, tastes, habits. He admires our intellect, ambition, honesty and sincerity. He wants to marry us quickly. He fakes integrity, appears helpful, comforting, generous in his ‘idealization’ of us phase. It never lasts. Eventually Jekyll turns into Hyde. His discarded victims suffer emotional and financial devastation. He will very much enjoy the double-dipping attention he gets by cheating. We end the relationship and salvage what we can, or we are discarded quickly as he attaches to a “new perfect soul mate”. He is an opportunistic parasite. Our “Knight in Shining Armor” has become our nightmare. Our healing is lengthy.
10. THE QUIET NARCISSIST is socially withdrawn, often dirty, unkempt. Odd thinking is observed. Used as a disguise to appear pitiful to obtain whatever he can.
11. THE SADIST is now the fully-unmasked malignant narcissist. His objective is watching us dangle as he inflicts emotional, financial, physical and verbal cruelty. His enjoyment is all too obvious. He’ll be back for more. His pleasure is in getting away with taking other people’s assets. His target: women, children, the elderly, anyone vulnerabie.
12. THE RAGER flies off the handle for little or no provocation. Has a severely disproportionate overreaction. Childish tantrums. His rage can be intimidating. He wants control, attention and compliance. In our hurt and confusion we struggle to make things right. Any reaction is his payoff. He seeks both good or bad attention. Even our fear, crying, yelling, screaming, name calling, hatred are his objectives. If he can get attention by cruelty he will do so.
13. THE BRAINWASHER is very charismatic. He is able to manipulate others to obtain status, control, compliance, money, attention. Often found in religion and politics. He masterfully targets the naive, vulnerable, uneducated or mentally weak.
14. THE RISK-TAKING THRILL-SEEKER never learns from his past follies and bad judgment. Poor impulse control is a hallmark.
15. THE PARANOID NARCISSIST is suspicious of everything usually for no reason. Terrified of exposure and may be dangerous if threatened. Suddenly ends relationships if he anticipates exposure or abandonment.
16. THE IMAGE MAKER will flaunt his ‘toys’, his children, his wife, his credentials and accomplishments. Admiration, attention, even glances from others, our envy or our fear are his objective. He is never satisfied. We see his arrogance and haughty strut as he demands center stage. He will alter his mask at will to appear pitiful, inept, solicitous, concerned, or haughty and superior. Appears the the perfect father, husband, friend - to those outside his home.
17. THE EMOTIONAL VACUUM is the cruellest blow of all. We learn his lack of empathy. He has deceived us by his cunning ability to mimic human emotions. We are left numbed by the realization. It is incomprehensible and painful. We now remember times we saw his cold vacant eyes and when he showed odd reactions. Those closest to him become objectified and expendable.
18. THE SAINTLY NARCISSIST proclaims high moral standing. Accuses others of immorality. “Hang ‘em high” he says about the murderer on the 6:00 news. This hypocrite lies, cheats, schemes, corrupts, abuses, deceives, controls, manipulates and torments while portraying himself of high morals.
19. THE CALLING-CARD NARCISSIST forewarns his targets. Early in the relationship he may ‘slip up’ revealing his nature saying “You need to protect yourself around me” or “Watch out, you never know what I’m up to.” We laugh along with him and misinterpret his words. Years later, coping with the devastation left behind, his victims recall the chilling warning.
20. THE PENITENT NARCISSIST says “I’ve behaved horribly, I’ll change, I love you, I’ll go for therapy.” Appears to ‘come clean’ admitting past abuse and asking forgiveness. Claims we are at fault and need to change too. The sincerity of his words and actions appear convincing. We learn his words are verbal hooks. He knows our vulnerabilities and what buttons to push. We question our judgement about his disorder. We can disregard “Fool me once…” We hope for change and minimize past abuse. With a successful retargeting attempt, this N will enjoy his second reign of terror even more if we allow him back in our lives.
Hello! This didn’t work too good the
first time, but I’ll try it again.
Even if you can’t afford to buy a
commission, reblogging this would be a real help.
I go by Betsy or Star, and I live in a
toxic home environment. if you don’t believe me, i can go into detail, but there are Trigger
warnings for psychological abuse, homophobia,transphobia,
gaslighting, manipulation, and threats of abuse.
I will not do NSFW art.
I will not do gore.
I will not make hateful art towards
I will draw the picture, but require
payment before I give it to you.
I will draw characters/ships/ OC’s
for the following fandoms: Coraline,
Harry Potter, Animorphs, Steven Universe, Star Vs. The Forces of
Evil, disney’s Descendants, Hamilton, Vampire Academy, Bloodlines,
Strange Angels (Lili St. Crow’s.), Corpse Bride, disney movies.
I will also write fanfiction for the
I will not write or draw incest,
pedophila, fetishizing of an LGBTQIA+ member or relationship.
One character, line art: $2 USD.
One character, colored: $4 USD
Two characters, lineart: $4 USD.
Two characters, colored: $6 USD
Three or more characters,
lineart: $10 USD
Three or more characters,
colored: $13 USD
Drabble (under one hundred to
five hundred words): $1 USD.
One shot: (four hundred to one
thousand or more words): $5 USD.
Two shot (two parts, both
compromised of four hundred to over one thousand words): $8 USD.
Multi-chapter story(each chapter
six hundred to one, two, or three thousand words): $10 USD, with an
additional .25 USD for every chapter over eighteen chapters)
Hey, can you recommend me some good malec fanfics? Don't care if it's fluff or smut (i heard you are a fan of botton!alec 😉 ) just tell me if there's anything good
FIC RECS #1
Hello! Thank you for coming to me for this. I have
lots of Malec recommendations! Right now I’m just going to give you some of the
one’s I have in my new phone but maybe later I will add the one’s I have in my
-This fanfics are a mix of a lot of things: fluff,
angst, smut (yes, I’m a fan of bottom!Alec :D), some AUs, and some are very
-I put some Notes to express my opinions and
other stuff (they are kinda lame :p sorry haha)
-Just click in the title to open the fic and if there’s an issue with the link just let me know.
-I put how many chapters each story has and where
is posted next to the title.
-They are not in order of how I like them or
whatever, it was just how I found them, I put them here.
-Also I put a (*) before the fic title for the one’s I
think you should really read!! The one’s
I really loved the most of this list.
-I’m sorry if there’s some mistakes in my English, it’s
not my native language.
Summary: Alec is fairly popular, he has his friends and his brother and
sister, and no one seems to mind that he doesn’t talk that much. He’s not
exactly shy, he’s just awkward and gets nervous around strangers.
Magnus is a senior, a year above Alec, and he’s quite possibly the most
beautiful person Alec has ever laid eyes upon. The problem isn’t that he’s a
year older, however. It’s that he has a girlfriend.
And, of course, if Alec ever was to start a conversation with Magnus,
he’d probably trip over his own feet, stumble over his words, and faceplant
into the ground … or something.
The embarrassment just isn’t worth it. Or is it?
Notes: This is a really sweet AU with a cute Alec with
Summary: I’m trivial. I’ve always believed I’m
trivial. But he says that’s not true. He says I’m a lot more than trivial. He
says I’ll always be more to him. He told me I’m his first of safe and risks. He
told me I’m his first in his mind which shouts important and unnecessary
recollections. He told me I’m his first of anything but trivial. And I can’t
help but wanting to believe him.
has a lot of angst, I’m serious. You suffer with this but like I love angst,
wow, it was amazing. And the end… well, it ends with angst but also in a good
Summary: The Lightwoods have long since been cursed
with corruptibility. In the year of the Angel 1645, Robert made a deal with the
devil himself. In exchange for the security of his position, he took an oath to
give one of his children. Now the Prince of Hell has come to collect.
I haven’t read the last chapters, I think I’m in chapter 13 but this story is
so good! It has a lot of potential and the plot is really good and unique.
“I don’t like it when people are touching my things
!” he answered angrily.
Alec frowned, did someone touch Chairman Meow ? He
didn’t notice the possessive glare of Magnus focused on him.
oKaY THIS STORY IS AMAZING! The summary doesn’t make justice to what the story is
really about!! It’s amazing!!!! Right now everything is getting solved and I’m
impatient for the next chapters!! Oh and angst hehe.
Summary: The Circle which led by Jonathan Morgenstern
was hunting Downworlders. Jonathan’s lover, Alec Ligthwood, suddenly showed up
and asked Magnus for help with a baby in his arms. Said Warlock never expected
the pain and love followed. Through their way to redemption, something
developed between them. *Hints of abuse, sexual content and Mpreg
Summary: All Alec wanted was for his family to be
safe. Unfortunately, a dangerous mutant ability and a terrifying mistake
can’t–won’t–leave him and his siblings alone. If he wants his loved ones to
survive, he’s going to have to face his fears, and worse, himself.
Xmen Universe AU. Again, wonderful plot! This is going to have a second part
but it’s not posted yet. This First is finished. This author’s fics are really angsty but I love them.
Summary: Alec is a ballet dancer with a permanent
Magnus is a glittering fashion designer with a knack
for gift buying
They meet and misunderstandings take place. This is
*All characters apart from my own belong to the genius
that is Cassie Clare*
oHmYgOd I’m in love with this!!! Ballet dancer!Alec is everything!! So cute and
also kind of stalker!Magnus. The author changed slightly Alec’s appearance but
I’m ok with it <3. And the chapter are so long!
Magnus nips at Alec’s perspiring, over heated flesh
with an enthusiastic mouth, tongue flicking out to lap at the subtle rivulets
of sweat and his groan reverberates through Alec, deep and intoxicating. His
agile fingers stray under the hem of Alec’s shirt, sweeping blistering trails
of fire across his abdomen, muscles quivering and tensing under the numbing
ministrations. The pure skin on skin contact is devastatingly stunning, by the
Angel, and Alec clenches his teeth to smother his cry, head tumbling back onto
(clubbing and some sexy dancing leads to some hot,
rather filthy sex.)
Summary: Years ago the Lightwoods asked Magnus for
help: sending their only child Alexander to a mundane family and being raised
like one. 17 years later Magnus received a call and he had no choice but rescue
Alec, both physically and psychologically. *Warnings inside. Malec, AU.
This story deals with dark topics and Malec’s relationship develops slowly (at
least the romantic one).
Summary: Ever since his Father got caught with another
woman and thrown out of the house, cheaters have disgusted Alexander Lightwood.
So what is he to do when he falls in love with one? / AU, more chapters to
This a LARGE story, well it has a lot of chapters but they are not that long. I
read the story in like 3 days? And it’s good, I mean, I wouldn’t have read it
if it wasn’t great. Somethings are kind of… off. But I loved it. ALSO it has
age-gap. Magnus is 30 and Alec 18 then 19, I think.
Summary: Modern Malec AU where you can see every color
but the color of your soulmates eyes.
Soulmates are a lost romance that have been shrouded
over with fear of abandonment or fear of love, but sometimes lost romances can
be brought back. Sometimes all it takes is a color. Maybe the color gold.
Alexander Lightwood thought he was normal. He has a
normal family, a normal school, a normal life. But when his parents decide to
move him and his two siblings from Chicago to New York, Alec’s would is turned
upside down. Between meeting his somewhat famous soulmate and his parents’
demanding an mysterious job, Alec realizes that his life is far more
complicated than he thought.
AMAZING STORY! This is a soulmates AU but also deals with other topics and right
now one of the main plots is starting to reveal itself.
Summary: Malec orphanage AU: Magnus has lived there
since he’d been nine years old, and now one year before he has to leave the
Institute, a new kid comes along. Alec Lightwood hates orphanages, hates foster
families. He just wants to be left alone with his anger at the world. Two
worlds clash like thunder and lightning and both guys are in for an interesting
This amazing story is written by one of my favorite Tumblr users: @freakypumpkin Also check
her other stories in her fanfiction profile, they are awesome! (also check her opinions of the TMI books on her Tumblr, omg <3)
Summary: The man with the cat eyes spoke, “Alexander?”
Alec froze, all the memories, all the dreams that he’d had with this man came
flooding back to him. This was his soulmate, his soulmate that he hasn’t seen
in much to long.
Sometimes confusing and sometimes frustrating when some things happen (I’m not
going to say them because spoiler) but is good.
Summary: When Alec was 13, he stopped speaking for
almost a year. Five years later, Alec is forced to deal with the trauma of his
past while learning to accept and love himself. Malec, Alec/Jace friendship and
Lightwood family dynamics. See warnings inside.
Deals with dark topics and has a lot of angst. There’s a second part for this story
and you can check it on the author’s profile.
Summary: While out on a hunt, Alec is cornered by a
shapeless demon that seeks to use him to have his revenge against the warlock
Magnus Bane. The demon casts a curse making it so that if Alec and Magnus do
not vow and prove to love each other forever, the shadowhunter will die, the
catch? Alec and Magnus are broken up! loosely based in the song “Sweet curse”
by Floor Jansen.
this curse omg. I’m waiting for the next chapter like crazy because somethings
have happened and maybe it’s gonna be over soon.
Summary: “The good thing, it’s that I will get
some paid vacations to Los Angeles, and that I am convinced that Alexander
Lightwood has a lot to hide. And I will find out every little dirty secret he
might have and show it to the world to let them know that their golden boy it’s
nothing more than a fake.” I let out and evil laugh. This was going to be
Interesting story and there’s just one chapter left that the author hasn’t
posted and maybe she or he would never post but chapters 8 and 9 wow yay.
Summary: Alec Lightwood is the most beautiful and
talented classically trained ballet dancer at the New York Arts Institute. He’s
pressured by everyone in his life to carry the honor of the Lightwood name in
the New York performing arts world, he feels trapped in a box. Magnus Bane is
the most liked, respected, gorgeous, and innately talented hip-hop freestyle
dancer who was accepted to the Institute on scholarship. He puts on the happy
face for everyone around him, but inside he is broken and badly scarred by his
past. When Alec finds himself wanting to branch out and add free movement to
his final senior piece he seeks the help of the one person he’s been secretly
drawn to for years. The one person he knows lives very much outside of the box.
I just read this a few days ago but omg I’m in love with ballet dancer!Alec and
I want more!!
Summary: AU story: Alec Lightwood is a freshman at
college looking for a job. Magnus Bane is a single parent looking for a
babysitter. Magnus thought it would be simple getting a babysitter, and it was.
Though it’s not so easy to keep his hands to himself from this sexy freshman…
Age-gap, M-Rate later, kinks, smut and other sexiness.
This story has a lot of smut! Like A LOT!! I’m serious, and like it says it has
age-gap for like 6 years? More or less.
Warning: Might be long. Also spoilers. Also may or may not get to a point. I just need to share my thoughts, even if they’re all thought vomit.
Okay, so I just watched the Markiplier TV bloopers, and I just gotta say that Warfstache is quickly becoming my favorite of all the egos. From what I’ve seen of Warfstache before, it seemed like his show was just an excuse to do whatever he wanted, but to be fair, up until A Date With Markiplier the only thing I saw of the character was the interview with Mark. When ADWM came out is when I learned about him being from another dimension/world/whatever. He seemed omniscient at the time. So actually, when I think about it, his acting before thinking, his complete lack of understanding death, it makes no sense.
We all know by now (probably) at this point that Wil does things without really thinking–he hears a request and acts, as shown on the game show with Tyler and again at the last scene with Septiplier. I get that, there are people who are pretty literal (Guardians of the Galaxy anyone?), but to not understand the consequences of your actions afterwards?
Kathryn ripped him a new one after the whole game show thing, and Wil didn’t seem too bothered at the time. He actually defended himself, but afterwards comes the bubbles commercial. Wil’s got some pretty heavy stuff weighing on him, and here he seems to realize he’s wrong.
And then there’s today’s video: Bloopers from the whole ego project. Here we see Wil talking to a priest/rabbi/whichever-religious-leader-he-is-I-have-no-idea. Does Wilford Warfstache feel bad for his actions? Is he repenting? Soul searching? Searching yes. Repenting…well…no. Mysteriously dying people? He believes he’s cursed? It seems he STILL doesn’t fully understand his actions. Possibly disassociation?
Warfstache is just really fascinating to me at this point. I’m excited to see what @markiplier does with the egos, especially Wilford. If you survived my ramble, have a cookie! :3
psst my birthday was two days ago, got any snippets you could be persuaded to part with? (no pressure if not)
Happy belated birthday! Hope it was a good one! :)
And since you asked so nicely, here’s another Anabasis snippet. This one follows pretty closely after this one, and is just before Anakin’s deposition to the Senate (which I am definitely keeping secret for now, sorry).
Anakin meets with the Chancellor and Vice Chair of the Republic and tells them about the clones. (Warnings for: talk of slavery, body horror, psychological conditioning, mind control, and all the other things that come with clone territory. Also, Anakin has a flashback.)
Anakin studied the leaders of the Republic with interest.
He’d met them both before, of course, though under very different
circumstances. And when Padmé made the introductions, they’d both acted as
though they were meeting him for the first time. He wondered if it was some
strange idea of courtesy, or if they truly needed to believe he was a different
person now than he had been.
Even so, Organa still seemed a bit nervous. Perhaps he was
remembering the last time they’d met.
Anakin should have been pleased, but the thought tasted like
rot in his mouth. There was a riot of blood pounding in his head. Somewhere,
someone was screaming.
“Anakin,” Padmé said sharply, and he blinked and pulled
himself away, out of the jungle and back into his little cell.
“New information you have to share about the clone army,
hmm?” Yoda prodded, watching Anakin sharply.
Disclaimer: This is pure fiction. Stalking isn’t romantic or arousing in any way. If you’re dealing with stalking or have an obsession that might turn into stalking, I cincerely encourage you to seek professional help. Ex your doctor, the police or your parents.
In the deeps are the violence and terror of which psychology has warned us. But if you ride these monsters deeper down, if you drop with them farther over the world’s rim, you find what our sciences cannot locate or name, the substrate, the ocean or matrix or ether which buoys the rest, which gives goodness its power for good, and evil its power for evil, the unified field: our complex and inexplicable caring for each other, and for our life together here. This is given. It is not learned.
~Annie Dillard, from Teaching a Stone to Talk: Expeditions and Encounters
When you find yourself explaining the basic elements of human respect to a full-grown man/woman, something is wrong. Normal people understand the fundamental concepts of honesty and kindness. No adult should need to be told how they are making other people feel.
"There is one who awaits you, is there not?"
"And that is the reason you have studied so very hard."
"Are you prepared to give up on all you have worked for thus far?!"
"It would not do to have you disappoint... you-know-who!"