They look at each other, their burdens lifted slightly, their pain not gone but mellowing. Words unsaid. - The Prom script | They both smile. Two old soldiers. - The Yoko Factor script | They are both pained and comforted by the powerful bond between them.- Forever script |
Okay I’ve attempted to make a follow forever for quite some time now and honestly this took forever to make anyway?? But I’ve reached 1200 which I feel is a decent milestone so I wanted to make one of these to celebrate! :D I do want to preface though, because I’ve mentally said it over probably thirty times at least as I was making this that I truly am sorry that I’m the worst person ever at communication and literally I love to talk to anyone, but sometimes I genuinely forget and don’t look in my IMs for months on end and the next time I see it I’m like?? Oh wow they probably hate me for taking so long should I still reply?? Lolol, but yeah I’ll go ahead and do these but I’m gonna do the special shoutouts at the bottom ^.^ But honestly thank you and I love you to everyone who follows me and who I follow and I appreciate all of you and I know I forgot people so chances are even if you’re not on here I’ll still follow you forever??
If you had a yen-dollar-dime-thing for every time you got hurt - whether it be protecting Ran, hitting a wall, getting drill punched by Kogoro on the top of your head, etc. - would you have enough money to make a antidote for th-- actually, would you have enough money to own the entire Beika City? (to Conan)
dave ubercharge’s really good meme baking tutorial
i serve the people.
i usually use paint, photoshop cs6, and paint tool sai, but you can do this on just ps. the reason i also use sai is to speed up the ‘saving as jpeg multiple times’ thing, and i think sai’s low quality jpeg is lower quality than ps’. without further ado:
1. pick the text. this is the most important step, of course. for this tutorial, i will be using the text ‘my nipples are fucking frozen’. i said this in a competitive match once when i was very cold. we still won.
2. pick a relevant image to use as the background. you can also use a solid colour or whatever else you want, but i think images are funnier. i’m gonna use a picture of a blizzard from google images (filtered ‘labelled for reuse with modification’).
3. apply the text to the image. i do this on paint because i’m fucking lazy and the kinda but kinda not anti-aliased text edges are funny to me. you can do this on photoshop. i use large size (large being relative to the image) bolded and italicized arial.
i gave myself a bit more canvas space for the next step.
4. apply the same text on top in a darker/lighter colour. i like putting it to the upper left of the original text. with ps, you can just fiddle around with the 2nd text layer to get it in the right position. with paint, you might have to try wiggling the text box a few times. it’s a waste of time compared to ps but for me, it’s just a part of the process making the end product funnier.
make sure your text is visible on top of the image! if it’s not, no biggie, use the fill bucket or just try different colours.
5. apply an overlay on top if desired. red is funny, but it doesn’t really work with what i want on this specific image, so i’m gonna use blue. it doesn’t really matter because the following steps are gonna ruin the colours anyway.
i used a light blue with linear burn. i saved it as a .jpeg after this.
remember to have lowest quality. even on this small version, you can see the start to the terrible things this image is going to endure!
6. here’s the fun part! you can mix these steps up, but i’ll just show how i more or less usually do it. go to filter > sharpen > smart sharpen. you can fiddle with the sliders and whatever.
save the image as a .jpeg again.
7. go to filter > blur > motion blur OR filter > blur > radial blur. motion blur is the diagonal (or up/down, or left/right) blur, radial blur has both the spinny and zoom blur. you can use more than one, if you want. since my abomination is already kind of annoying to read, i’m going to be light-handed with a spinny radial blur.
wow! that already looks pretty fucking bad, but we can go further:
8. go back to filter > sharpen > smart sharpen and apply that again. you can also do more overlays and blurring.
i decided to do all of that. here it is with another blue overlay, motion blur, and radial (zoom) blur.
i changed the sharpen settings before sharpening it again. do whatever you think looks good (or bad).
here’s the final image:
you can keep going, but i have stuff to do. some better baked images of mine:
i have a thing for 1. cropping the text weirdly and 2. red
other stuff you can do includes:
doing both (or 3+) text layers on paint with a white bg, then stretching it weirdly before pasting it on the image bg (transparent selection, 2ndary colour should be white)
using the fucking impact font for bad memes
using lens flare (funnier if you have eyes in the image)
stretching/distorting the image at any point
using other filters, ps has plenty. experiment!
the beauty of this is that if you make mistakes, you can just re-bake the image, apply more effects, and it probably makes the image funnier.
“This may sound really off the wall, but listen to me. You’ve got to believe me. I’ve not gone crazy, and I’m not fooling around. At first I thought I was losing my mind. But now I know I’m not. It’s not me. This whole town. It’s being invaded by the Otherworld. A world of someone’s nightmarish delusions come to life. Little by little the invasion is spreading. Trying to swallow up everything in darkness.”
It’s basically like a countdown! However primary teaching, including maternelle and élémentaire are made up of three teaching cycles (you’ll see which ones belong to which cycle)
début de l’école primaire:
début de l’école maternelle :
de trois à six ans
(première année) - la petite section (PS) (cycle 1)
(deuxième année) - la moyenne section (MS) (cycle 1)
(troisième année) - la grande section (GS) (cycle 1)
début de l’école élémentaire:
de six à dix ans:
(première année de l’école élémentaire) - cours préparatoire (CP) (cycle 2)
(deuxième année) - cours élémentaire 1re année (CE1) (cycle 2)
(troisième année) - cours élémentaire 2e année (CE2) (cycle 2)
(quatrième année) - cours moyen 1re année (CM1) (cycle 3)
(cinquième année) - cours moyen 2e année (CM2) (cycle 3)
début du collège :
début du lycée:
début du lycée général (this is the one you do to get into university so I will focus on that for the moment):
After second students have to choose between three streams (séries) for their final two years of study: S (scientifique), ES (économique et social), and L (littérature)
In terminale, students study for the BAC (the baccalaureate), however to get into one of the prestigious universities (les grandes écoles) you have to pass the concours (a kind of exam), to prepare for which, many students do prépa (les classes préparatoires aux grandes écoles) for about two years (you’re meant to study for 60 hours a week I would have died)