okay so I just feel the need to say why Brooklyn nine nine is the best show so strap yourselves in it’s gon be long
* first off, hella diverse cast
* and no “token” characters there just for the sake of diversity, each character has very different personalities from each other and represent the actual population
* despite totally different personalities they are all really good friends and care about each other so much- each character’s relationship is different and I find that beautiful
* wE HAVE A BLACK GAY MAN IN THE HIGHEST POSITION OF POWER IN THE PRECINCT?? that’s so cool
* amy santiago is never played off as “just Jake’s love interest/girlfriend” she has all her own plots and stories and is amazing and strong and the best
* healthy communication in amy and jakes relationship !!! making sure it doesn’t stop them from doing their job to the best of both their abilities !!!
* Terry is a very macho “man’s” man but isn’t afraid to show his feelings and it’s real nice to see them show how being emotional doesn’t make you a weak man
* the solidarity between the girls because we gotta stick together
* “I met god” “what does she look like?” “Ethnically ambiguous”
* constantly calling out the world for all it’s shit (homophobia, racism, gun laws, corruptness of the police, sexism, I cOULD GO ON)
* and now the reason I decided to make this now: THEY JUST MADE A WHOLE EPISODE ABOUT HOW BULLSHIT RACIAL PROFILING IS
* a show about cops still managed to find a way to talk about it bc they know it’s an important issue and did it in such an incredible way
* showed two sides of dealing with the situation, holts plan and terrys, and neither were ideal, both would have backlash for Terry more than the dickhead who stopped him tbh
* and showing Jake doing hella suspicious shit and not getting stopped
* oNCE AGAIN CALLING OUT THE WORLD FOR ITS SHIT
* (but this time with a whole ep not just mentions bless)
* also Jake and amy having to explain it all to Terry’s kids was v upsetting to see how scared they were at first that this would happen just because they were born as they were
* AND mentions of transphobia and telling the twins it’s okay if they don’t identify as female, what other show would
this ain’t even everything it was just getting v long
BASICALLY no show is as woke as brooklyn nine nine, it’s hella funny too with great plots and ships too if that’s what you look for and everyone should watch and @ fox if you don’t renew I will fight it is better than all other shows
Everyone forgets Boromir’s role in The Lord of the Rings. Everyone forgets that it was Boromir who was concerned for the hobbits when they were freezing to death in The Pass of Caradhras. No one remembers that it was Boromir who grabbed Frodo and held him and carried him to safety as Gandalf fell to his death. Everyone seems to forget that it was Boromir who comforted Gimli outside Moria and implored Aragorn to give everyone “a moment for pity’s sake!”
No one remembers Boromir’s bravery, his leadership, or his great big heart. Instead, he is remembered only for a fleeting moment of weakness, when he gives in to The Ring and tries to take it from Frodo by force. He gets so much hate for this and yet… this is a man who loves unconditionally his country, his family, and the hobbits who have become his friends…
Steve and Tony looked at each other and tried not to smile
at the sound of a frantic Wade yelling for his boyfriend.
Ugh. Wade. Peter could do so much better. Peter
is an honor student, he’s top of his class, he has a bright future full of
opportunity, and he’s Tony’s son, dammit. And Tony doesn’t want his beautiful,
perfect child in a relationship with a mercenary. Is that so wrong? Wouldn’t
Peter rather date someone with more potential? A doctor maybe? No matter, we’ll
cross that bridge when we get to it. As of now, Tony is just going to watch as
his brilliant plan folds out.
Steve answers the door and narrowly misses getting punched
in the face by Wade’s aggressive knocking.
“Oh, hi, Wade, it’s nice to see you today,” Steve feigned
innocence, “Peter is in his room. Can I get you a snack or something to drink?”
“I’m good, Mr. Captain. Thanks.”, Wade grumbled as he walked
past Steve and straight into Peter’s room, slamming the door behind him.
Steve and Tony froze and looked at each other in
anticipation then scrambled to press an ear to Peter’s door when they heard
“I don’t even know what you’re talking about, baby!”, Peter
yelled back, sounding confused and exasperated.
“Oh, don’t ‘baby’ me! You know EXACTLY what I’m talking
about! HASHTAG SINGLE?!?! THAT’S how you’re gonna break up with me?!”
“Wade, I haven’t even posted in, like, a week. I have no
idea what you’re talking about.”
“OH! SO YOU’RE TELLING ME. YOU DIDN’T POST THIS FUCKBOY MIRROR
SELFIE. AND YOU DIDN’T CAPTION IT WITH A ‘HMU’ ‘EGGPLANT EMOJI’ ‘HASH.TAG.
“NO, BABY, I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT POST, I
“GO TO HELL, PETER! WE’RE THROUGH.”
Steve and Tony ran across the room and tried to look like
they’ve been busy in the kitchen this whole time as Wade stormed out of Peter’s
room and out of the tower. They decided to wait a few minutes before checking
on Peter. So far, everything has gone according to plan and Tony is very happy
After about 5 minutes, Steve gently knocked on Peter’s door,
“Hey hun, can I come in?”
Steve opened the door upon hearing Peter’s automatic lock
slide open and found him curled up on the bed, furiously wiping his eyes. Steve
smiled sympathetically and sat down on the edge of the bed,
“Hey, big guy. What happened?”
Peter tried not to cry as he rehashed the conversation he
had with Wade while Steve pretended he wasn’t listening at the door and heard
“I just don’t understand,” Peter said tearfully, “I never
posted that picture. That picture isn’t even of me, that’s not even our
bathroom! But Wade wouldn’t listen so now the love of my life hates me.”
“That’s a little dramatic, don’t you think?”, Steve chuckled
and Peter couldn’t help but crack a half smile at his dad. Steve tried his best
to cheer Peter up, but he couldn’t shake the guilt he was feeling. Peter
wouldn’t need cheering up if it wasn’t for him. Sure, Wade is a jackass but
he’s Peter’s jackass. If Wade makes Peter happy, who is he to keep them apart?
He’s gotta talk to Tony about this, Steve can’t stand lying to his son.
~ ~ ~
“Steve. Honey. If we tell Peter then we’re the bad guys. Peter will never trust us again! Let him be sad
for now, he’ll bounce back soon enough and it’s like it never happened. It’s
for his own good.”
Steve sighed thoughtfully as Tony continued tinkering with
whatever the heck he was working on at the moment.
“Look, Tony, I know how
much you dislike-“
“I hate him.”
“…I know you have strong feelings towards Wade, but I can’t
live with myself after what we did to Peter!”
“Wait. What?”, Steve flinched when he heard Peter behind
Tony shut his eyes tight and cursed under his breath before
dropping his tools and turning around to face his son.
“What did you do to Peter?”, Peter asked, narrowing his eyes
at his parents.
“Nobody did anything to Peter. Go to your room.”, Tony
Peter turned his attention to Steve, “Pops, what did you
“Steve, don’t do it. Be strong.”, Tony murmured.
But contrary to popular belief, Steve was not strong. At
least when it came to Peter, that is. His son could give him that look with the
puppy dog eyes that say “I trusted you and you betrayed me” and it’s all over. Any
willpower Steve has will just vanish.
“We. Um. We sort of… shopped? For your photo?”
“Photoshop, Steve.”, Tony said as he rubbed his temples. He
loves his husband and son but man, could they give him a headache.
“Yes, photoshopped. We photoshopped your face to another
person’s body. Well, Tony did. And then we… hacked?”
“We ‘hacked’ into your account and posted the picture for
Wade to see. Well, Tony did. And we made sure the words under the picture would
make Wade mad so he you guys would get in a fight… Well, Tony did.”
“Steve. We get the picture, dammit.”
Peter looked at his feet and took a second to process this.
His own parents were trying to sabotage his relationship?
“Why? Why would you guys do that?”, he asked.
“We’re really sorry sweetheart”, Steve placed a hand on the
side of Peter’s face, “We thought it was for the best. I think now we see that
we were wrong, don’t we Tony?”
“Hm? Oh. Uh… yeah. Totally wrong. Won’t try this again
“You mean that, Dad?”, Peter asked Tony.
Peter smirked. He had his Dad in a box right now and they
both knew it. He might as well take advantage of this opportunity and embarrass
“Then would you mind calling Wade for me and explaining all of this to him? I’d like my