*Other Important Things*
- If you take medications like (Adderall, Ritalin, Concerta, etc) take the proper dosage and DO NOT mix them with caffein no matter how much you think you might need it to finish something. Too much stimulants are harmful for your heart and will worsen your anxiety, irritability and your behavior could become dangerous for yourself and others due to the lack of control. (I’m telling this out of personal experience, the anxiety got bad enough to create auditory hallucinations so please don’t mix)
- Don’t feel embarrassed if you have to email your teacher the day after the class if you forgot something important or to ask questions if a projects isn’t clear enough.
- organize the materials you will need for class the night before to avoid forgetting anything.
- Once you build a routine PLEASE avoid in any cost to break it even if it was just for a day. If you have adhd you must know how hard it is to both create and stick to a routine. If it gets broken its going to be really hard to recover it.
- On the bright side some or most of the classes are hands on therefore you won’t get as distracted since you will be busy both listening at your teacher, observing something and drawing or painting. your brain won’t have the need to look for distractions to keep it busy since its already busy.
- If you are forgetful in general don’t be afraid to tell a friend to remind you to do things. (I often forgot to eat so i had people to remind me to take a break and go eat, or told me to go with them to eat lunch or dinner)
- if you catch yourself getting sidetracked just try to get back to the correct track even if it seems hard.
- NEVER think you are lazy or stupid and do not compare yourself to others, remember you have a condition and its not your fault but do not use your condition as an excuse to not do things.
- This applies to everyone but remember to ACCEPT criticism and learn from it, getting angry is seen as childish and immature.
- Remember to take care of yourself, and have fun because you are studying and working on something that you enjoy.
so yeah don’t work around adhd but with it, notice your weak spots and work with them. This tips are useful for anyone and are based on my own experience so it could be a little different for everyone.
I’ll add more things if I remember anything else.