this is truly one of the most puzzling and cryptic lines in all of star wars. i saw this episode months and months ago and i’m still thinking about this line. anakin, what is the story behind this piece of wisdom? what could you possibly have discovered in a shady farmer’s barn on tatooine when you were a small child that would stick with you enough to make you say this 10+ years later? why were you investigating barns in the first place? were you a 9-year-old detective? this boy has Seen Some Shit
This comes from the my teacher makes me memorise up to 60 new words of vocab in one night and tests us on them all the next day at 9am so I know my stuff kids. The general theme that tends to come up with a lot of my classmates is “I recognise the kanji, but I couldn’t write it from memory.” Alas - let’s shove those kanji from your recognition memory into working memory….
Flashcards my dudes
I hear a chorus of “I’ve tried to that alreadyyy” but have you tried it this way?
On one side have the kanji of your choice, and the other a word you already know written in hiragana, with the chosen kanji pronunciation coloured differently.
Now, go through them like you would normally, but instead of reading the hiragana, and imagining the kanji in your head - WRITE IT DOWN. The writing part is essential. No flipping through or imagining it in your head or reading the kanji and writing the hiragana, you’ve got to translate those concepts to something concrete on paper in kanji form.
Go through every single one. And do this EVERYDAY (if possible). Day 1 you’re gonna get rekt. But by day 3 or 4, you’re going to notice a massive improvement already.
After a few days you’ll already notice a significant improvement in reproduction. If you’re following a textbook of grammar, I’d suggest to use kanji from that. If not power through a kanji book like Basic Kanji Book (which I use and can be found in pdf form here).
Your work book is gonna look like this, and trust me this is a sign of victory my friends…
• him and shiro are best bros but because of the age difference, shiro is hard to talk to about things with sometimes
• sometimes when he sees the garrison trio his stomach drops and he has to look away because he’s never had a friendship like theirs, where they seem to make the most of being stuck in space a million miles from home by making silly puns and jokes
• keith never realized how lonely he actually was until he sees lance and pidge leaning on hunk, watching tv. they’re so comfortable around eachother?
• he talks to the mice sometimes
• pidge finds out about his obsession with conspiracy theories and they go onto a ‘haunted’ planet together (with the permission of coran of course). they become best buds there after being chased out by something they couldn’t see. It was traumatising and they agreed to never go again.
• hunk realized how touch deprived keith was so he always took the opportunity to hug him and even though he never returned the hugs at first, keith began to initiate the hugs later on
• he started telling pidge about his crushes. he told her about lance and she was not suprised and then he told her about rolo which earned him a hard punch.
• lance took one look one long look at keith and dragged him to his room. “your pores are filthy, kogane!” he got keith to wear face masks and forced him to wash his hair “your mullet wouldn’t look so bad if you washed it often, it’s so greasy wth”
• lance checks up on keith to make sure he’s getting enough “beauty sleep” almost every night until keith gets annoyed “if you want to sleep with me so bad, you could just ask instead of being creepy in the doorway!” “yes.” “…what?” “…”
• in conclusion he no longer feels left out of the trio, they bond over their hatred for iverson and the trio can’t get enough of the shit keith managed to pull off at the garrison without getting caught. he still refuses to tell anyone why he was kicked out though