Things that really got me in that episode
I’m trying to pick out some of the slightly less obvious things that really struck a chord with me. Although, obviously, the kiss got me, that entire scene got me.
• But also, the second before Raf knocks the door, they are sooo about to start kissing again!
• The tension between them from the very start! I was expecting them to ramp up the tension pretty fast but I wasn’t prepared for how keyed up they were going to be from the first damn eye flicker.
• Bernie: “What would make you feel better?” She basically works a miracle for that couple just to make Serena happy!
• Bernie and Dom’s “heart-to-heart on the roof that is really all about Dom because he doesn’t realise there is anything going on with her. Anything live and current and urgent. And she just has this look, this expression, that says she’s been in the confidante position so many times when she has really needed to talk but no one has known that they needed to listen. Which made me realise how unusual their scene in Prioritise the Heart was for Bernie.
• Speaking of - all the echoes of Prioritise the Heart. But especially Bernie using Alex’s words and the difference in the way she said them. (I need to think this through some more but the two of them are in VERY different emotional places.)
• Bernie physically removing Serena from her personal space. Like, you need to be there and I need to be here so I can say this and then it will all work out like the scene in my head.
• The way she tries to explain, be rational and coherent. And the way that all breaks down in less than 30 seconds. And when it does she just bolts!
• Serena’s face. All of her faces. All of them.