Alternatively titled: How to Use Your Planner or How Organization and Discipline Will Get You Better Grades
This is my full guide on how to use your planner effectively and make sure that you are never missing deadlines or falling behind in classwork and homework. This is definitely more about the university level and works best with a dated planner, rather than a bullet journal. Let’s get started!
Get all of your syllabi together and write down dates. Go through one class at a time and mark down all of your major tests and assignment due dates. I recommend putting these dates into the monthly and weekly views, and perhaps coming up with a symbol or other indicator that tells you they are of utmost importance.
Make a weekly schedule of when to complete readings and do a weekly review of notes. Instead of trying to randomly decide when to do these things, assign a date for each task for each class. If you have a tutorial on Tuesday, do the assigned readings for it every Wednesday. I recommend scheduling one to two weekly tasks per day, and to leave a few days open, whether it be weekends or days when you have a lot of classes.
Make a master list of assignments. I find that sometimes, even having due dates in the calendar view isn’t enough, and they can still sneak up on you. The master list will be a good place to double check if you have any deadlines approaching easily.
In the week or so before a due date, create a checklist of smaller tasks needed to complete the assignment. Set individual due dates for each smaller task by working backwards from the due date. Smaller tasks may include finding sources, making an outline, writing a rough draft, and editing and adding references to create a final copy. Write the smaller tasks into your daily to-do list.
You can also do this with studying for tests, but the checklist would look slightly different. You could either sort by study method (first do flashcards, then do essay outlines, etc.) or sort by the topics you need to study.
Stick to the schedule you have made. Obviously, if something comes up and you need to move your to-do list around, do so! But if you aren’t doing anything and you see readings on your list of daily tasks.. do them. Having the plan set out like this makes it easier for you to remain disciplined.
Why use this method?
By creating a schedule for repeated weekly tasks like completing readings, you make sure that you can’t repeatedly push off smaller tasks until you are weeks behind. I don’t think it is very reliable to just will yourself to do readings, or to keep up with them without tracking it.
By writing down all of your due dates, you will never be shocked to find out something is due the night before. You will know and you will be prepared.
By creating smaller checklists of tasks to complete before a major test or assignment, you will never find yourself in a situation where you have an essay due in a few days and haven’t even started. You will be following a timeline and making sure you don’t have to rush.
I know this system may seem rigorous, but planning is the only way you can keep on top of your workload in university! Falling behind is a lot harder if you are organized and disciplined, and being on top of your workload will help you a lot when it comes to exam times… no cramming and all-nighters if you have been consistent all semester!
Alright y'all, with school season comin back, here are some prime hoe tips to get y'all ready to slay.
🌹1. Develop a skincare regimen at least once daily: wash, exfoliate*, mask*, toner, essential oils, moisturize.
*once weekly, to avoid overshocking your skin.
🌙2.Tea tree oil is bomb for acne and acne scars. Apply that shit.
🌹 Coconut oil and castor oil for brow/lash growth every night.
🌙Go through your closet, and toss clothes you don’t wear. Invest in more neutral colors and fits to configure a wider variety of cute ass outfits.
🌹 Don’t be afraid to thrift shop; places like TJ Maxx and The Goodwill have bomb ass brands for cheap.
🌙 Get your books/supplies ready a week before. Prepare yourself.
🌹 Have all of your test dates/assignment due dates in your phone before classes start. Make sure to request off days of work the nights before major assignments and exams if you can help it.
🌙 Things to keep in a bag in your locker: pads/tampons, an extra pair of panties, a spare change of clothes & shoes(in case of a wardrobe malfunction), hairbrush and hairtie, nail file & clippers, makeup remover wipes, concealer, masacara, gum, water bottle, extra pens, some spare cash, phone charger, and earbuds.
🌹 Keep a water bottle in ya bag at all times. A hoes gotta be hydrated.
🌙 Keep up with ya studies
🌹 A week before school starts, develop getting sleep schedule for school by going to bed half an hour earlier every night. This’ll make waking up earlier less of a hell, trust me.
🌙Have a go-to makeup look for school that takes 30 mins or less as a default, if you beat your face in the morning.
🌹 Replace coffee with tea for a more healthy caffeine fix before class.
🌙 Prepare yourself a decent breakfast before you go to bed, so you can easily grab and go in the morning. Breakfast kickstarts your metabolism and decreases cravings throughout the day, and generally boosts your mood and brain power.
🌹If you wear a uniform, make sure that shit is comfortable and actually fits you. Make sure nothing hangs off of you, cuts off circulation, itches, irritates, etc.
🌙Need a break from studying? Work out. Burn some calories, clear your mind, and stimulate your brain with some exercise. Swear to god this keeps my grades up and my body lookin fly.
🌹Invest in a hair mask (any pharmacy or makeup outlet will have them), or make one yourself. They make your hair super soft and shiny for flipping it when you walk past that group of girls who hate you lol
Thats all I can think of for now beauties, get good grades, I believe in all of y'all✨🌹
Alright y'all, with school season comin back, here are some prime hoe tips to get y'all ready to slay.
1. Develop a skincare regimen at least once daily: wash, exfoliate*, mask*, toner, essential oils, moisturize.
*once weekly, to avoid overshocking your skin.
2. Tea tree oil is bomb for acne and acne scars. Apply that shit.
3. Coconut oil and castor oil for brow/lash growth every night.
4. Go through your closet, and toss clothes you don’t wear. Invest in more neutral colors and fits to configure a wider variety of cute ass outfits.
5. Don’t be afraid to thrift shop; places like TJ Maxx and The Goodwill have bomb ass brands for cheap.
6. Get your books/supplies ready a week before. Prepare yourself.
7. Have all of your test dates/assignment due dates in your phone before classes start. Make sure to request off days of work the nights before major assignments and exams if you can help it.
8. Things to keep in a bag in your locker: pads/tampons, an extra pair of panties, a spare change of clothes & shoes(in case of a wardrobe malfunction), hairbrush and hairtie, nail file & clippers, makeup remover wipes, concealer, masacara, gum, water bottle, extra pens, some spare cash, phone charger, and earbuds.
9. Keep a water bottle in ya bag at all times. A hoes gotta be hydrated.
10. Keep up with ya studies (see my School and Studying Tips post for more details on how to boost that GPA)
11. A week before school starts, develop getting sleep schedule for school by going to bed half an hour earlier every night. This’ll make waking up earlier less of a hell, trust me.
12. Have a go-to makeup look for school that takes 30 mins or less as a default, if you beat your face in the morning.
13. Replace coffee with tea for a more healthy caffeine fix before class.
14. Prepare yourself a decent breakfast before you go to bed, so you can easily grab and go in the morning. Breakfast kickstarts your metabolism and decreases cravings throughout the day, and generally boosts your mood and brain power.
15. If you wear a uniform, make sure that shit is comfortable and actually fits you. Make sure nothing hangs off of you, cuts off circulation, itches, irritates, etc.
16. Need a break from studying? Work out. Burn some calories, clear your mind, and stimulate your brain with some exercise. Swear to god this keeps my grades up and my body lookin fly.
17. Invest in a hair mask (any pharmacy or makeup outlet will have them), or make one yourself. They make your hair super soft and shiny for flipping it when you walk past that group of girls who hate you lol
Thats all I can think of for now hoes, get good grades, I believe in all of y'all✨
There should be a class in everyone’s senior year that teaches basic life-things like etiquette, doing taxes, how a mortgage works, and how to prepare for a job interview. It should have tests to evaluate the students’ understanding, but it shouldn’t impact their GPA.
what in self deprecation
what in sleep deprivation
what in endless education
what in constant irritation
what in too many obligations
what in test preparation
what in awkward situations
what in exaggeration
what in no organization
what in no communication
what in too much information
Hey everyone! So, I know finals week is nearing the most of us and I, for one, try to seek out the best study habits and routines during this stressful time. So, I thought, I want to help my followers get the most out of finals season. I know it could get distracting because the Christmas season is upon us, but hold on. You have made it this far and you are too good to give up now.
1. Eat a Healthy Breakfast. A healthy breakfast will help you not stay hungry throughout the day. If you have a morning class, the worst thing for you to do is to do a test on an empty stomach.
2. Exercise. This may sound like a cliché, but exercise will help you relieve stress during this finals season. I personally try to exercise thirty minutes a day on an indoor bicycle. But there are all kinds of exercises that a person can do. Take a walk for twenty minutes, go to the gym with a friend. Keeping active will keep your mind sharp because you are taking time out of your day to release those endorphins.
3. Get Plenty of Sleep. I know this sounds like another cliché, but sleep rejuvenates your mind. Sleep also helps you reorganize information that you have stored in your mind. Many would recommend 7-8 hours of sleep. I know many of us work part-time, or full-time, even. Do your best when it comes to sleep.
4. Be Prepared. Follow your instructor’s guidelines, what sort of test your test will be, what your professor is looking for in your papers, how much time you will be given. Make sure you have all your proper materials, Scantrons, pencils, pens, bluebooks, paper, etc. The worst thing to do is to not be prepared.
5. Do Everything in Advance. Do not wait until the last minute.
6. Chew Gum While Studying.I cannot do this because I currently wear braces, but studies show that if you chew one flavor of gum while studying and chew a piece of gum with the same flavor during the exam, then you may recall the items on your study materials and jot them down on paper.
7. Essays Are Not Your Enemy. Contrary to what you may think, essays are the chance for you to express everything you know. Try to be as thorough as you can for essays, but these questions/prompts are to help you show to your teacher/professor your brainpower.
8. Your Memory Is a Tool. Use It. I have gotten to the point of my education where memorizing long pieces of information is a second nature to me. Use flashcards, quizlet.com, or any memory tools that will help.
9. Study with a Friend. If you and a friend are in the same class together, then it may be to your benefit to quiz each other, seek help from one another, do everything you can prior to your exam.
10. Take Breaks. Take a break occasionally. Hang out with friends, watch a movie, watch a favorite show, draw, exercise, dance, listen to Taylor Swift’s new album, reputation, eat healthy foods, like fruit, granola, breakfast bars, etc. Do something that you enjoy and that is productive.
11. Give It Your All. This is your chance to show your professor that you know this material. Do not be afraid to go walk out after you finish that exam feeling like a badass.
12. Be Creative. Everyone has their own method of studying, style of writing. A person can use a variety of methods of studying, flashcards, handmade study guides, word associations, etc.
13. Do Not be Late. No “buts.”
Finals can be stressful. But there are many things that a person can do to prepare. These are just a few suggestions that I would have to everyone. This list is not conclusive. Many items are based on my own personal experience.
DON’T GIVE UP. YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS. DO YOUR BEST.
Happy Studying and May the Curve Be Ever in Your Favor!
- lots of PDA, everywhere. He’s not ashamed to show everyone that you’re his, not a all. It doesn’t have to be too sexual though, he just likes to hold your hand or having you close to him
- Him always trying to make you smile
- He’s honestly the cutest dork
- Zach had to beat Bryce’s ass more than once because of his inappropriate comments about you
- Him secretly sneaking in your bedroom pretty much every night and leaving early in the morning after cuddles, causing him to be tired during the whole day at school
- He often missed his trainings because of that
- Being the reason why he often ditches his plans with the guys
- You’re the first person that comes to his mind when he needs to talk
- You’re basically the mom of the boys group
- Telling Bryce that he’ll end up in jail because of all the bullshits he does
- Hanging out a lot with Justin after school because he always makes you laugh which makes Zach extremely jealous
- Zach and the guys were watching the both of you laugh
- When you go ask him what’s up he gives you the silent treatment
- He avoids your gaze, only answers with “Hmm.”
- You eventually get that he’s jealous and hug him by behind as tightly as you can, and he tries to shove you away but you literally turned into a giant koala
- “(Y/N) stop.“ ”I won’t move unless you tell me what’s wrong“
- He loudly sighed
- ”You’re always with Justin.“ ”Awh. Is my baby jealous ?“ you asked playfully as you kissed his neck, making him turn his head to the side. ”No. And don’t call me that.“ ”What ? Baby ?“ you mocked him. ”Stop.“ he tried to sound like he was mad. ”Baby, baby. You’re my baby.“ He sighed again and bit his lip to hide his smile. ”God you’re annoying.“ You snuggled your face in his neck and circled it as you left kisses on his skin. ”Zach, you’re the only one I’m in love with. You and only you. I love you.“ you said before leaving a kiss on his cheek. He sighed, smiled and finally took one of your hands and brought it to his mouth before leaving a kiss on it. ”I love you too idiot.“
- Let’s say that the guys wouldn’t stop mocking you after that
- Wearing his jersey and attending all his games
- ”WOOO! THAT’S MY BOY, YOU GO BABY“
- Catching all the attention on you doesn’t bother you at all, fuck everyone
- Keeping his little sister with him when his parents are out
- Him watching you in awe as you listen to her sister talking about her friends while she tries to braid your hair
- His sister absolutely loves you and always asks Zach about you
- Zach being pretty sure that you’ll end up married in the future
- You always being there for him, even more when he discovers the tapes
- Receiving drunk texts of him when you can’t be at one of Justin’s party
- You calling Alex and asking him to keep an eye on Zach, just in case he does stupid things
- You’re the one who explains to Justin that Jessica won’t take him back and that you completely agree with her, but that you’ll still be there for him, no matter what
- Justin hugging you really tightly after that and of course, Zach saw it.
- But he quickly calmed down when you tell him why you shared a hug
- Having one of his shirt that you always bring with you on holiday so when you sleep you can smell his scent as if he was with you
- Having tons of adorable, funny, cute, awkward and weird selfies of the other in your phones
- Zach pouted when he discovered the awkward selfie of him as your lock screen but he secretly loved it
- You don’t fight often but when you do it’s like a "let’s see who can hurt the other the most” game
- Which results as you both not talking to the other for a day
- Then he sends you a pic of him with a pouting face with and a “don’t you wanna talk to your favorite idiot? :(” text
- “I love you.” *kiss on your lips* “So” *kiss on your nose* “Fucking” *kiss on your cheek* “Much.” *kiss on your forehead*
- Him being a fool for you
- Bear hugs
- Hands holding
- Unexpected gifts from the both of you
- Helping him preparing his biology tests
- You once offered him your pen that just ran out of ink and said “It reminded me of how empty your brain can be sometimes”
- Justin died of laughter that day
- He pouted all day
- You’re just the cutest couple of all times
- Everyone ships you
- You’ve been elected the king and queen of the prom
Earth Signs want commitment and a lasting partnership.
Capricorn Venus: You can come off extremely aloof, but
you know damn well what you want in a partner. Time is not a problem for you,
because you can go the rest of your life alone waiting for the person that is
up to fulfill your needs and meets your standards. While other Venus signs may battle
with depression if they are single, you focus your energies on building your career
or finances. However, if you have a water Mars sign, this can create a bit of
an imbalance because while you are perfectly fine being alone, you might hear a
voice in the back of your head that wants to be loved and partnered with. (Compatible Venus signs are: Capricorn,
Taurus and Virgo. Wild Card would Scorpio & Aquarius)
Taurus Venus: The ideal partner is in your mind, you
might feel as if no one around you is worthy. The heart of the Taurus Venus works a lot
like the show, The Bachelor. You will have many suitors but none of them might
meet the mark. Perhaps you have many and they are all eligible, this would be
the time for you to test them to see who is willing to go the farthest in the
name of love. Luxury and comfort are important to you, so those who want to win
over a Taurus Venus should keep that in mind. Much like Capricorn, you can wait
forever until you find the one. (Compatible
Venus signs are: Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo. Wild Card would Libra &
Virgo Venus: Virgo, you do not chase anyone, you let
them all come to you. Those that are partnered with you might not understand
you. You are the doting lover but will not reciprocate any warmth. Virgo Venus prefers
to be practical in their relationships, including demonstrations of love. Do
not expect them to shower you with compliments, text messages that are filled
with lovely words or orchestrated performances. They will provide you with what
you need. If your Virgo Venus partner sees that you need help financially to
pay for a class, she will go out of her way to pay it for you. This Venus sign is
practical and not emotional. Virgo Venus tests their partners covertly to see
how devoted they are. If they feel betrayed, they will silently dream of
greener pastures until they feel that it is the right time to move on. (Compatible Venus signs are: Capricorn,
Taurus and Virgo. Wild Card would Scorpio & Cancer)
Fire Signswant the thrill and excitement. An intoxicating romance.
Sagittarius Venus: Love is a game and people are here
for entertainment. You will point to your partner with your invisible bow and
arrow and then hope that they are captivated with you. It is hard for a
Sagittarius to understand what love means, especially when they can fall in
love with multiple people (or so they think). When the Sagittarius falls hard,
they truly understand the meaning of love, the problem is that even if they are
in a comfortable scenario, the ache to find something better will always fill
the back of their minds. If a partner is able to provide them with the right
amount of freedom, they will not feel restricted and will flourish in the
relationship. Boredom, like Gemini can creep in and make them want to vanish,
which is why they are drawn to the most creative and the most unattainable. The
more impossible the prospects of the relationship are, the harder the
Sagittarius falls. It all boils down to balance. (Compatible Venus signs are: Aries, Sagittarius and Leo. Wild Card would
be Aquarius & Libra)
Aries Venus: Aries loves the chase because they love
going after what they want. It is easy for fire to fall, but keeping that flame
alive is the true battle. This sign is no different from Sagittarius in that
they need to be stimulated physically and mentally in order to stay in love.
Aries, you are the spark and you will easily go after you want, the issue will
be that once you’ve won the person, the game is over and you might get…bored. You
enjoy being in love, you enjoy being paired up but your lack of commitment can
make you seem selfish. Do not be surprised if an Aries Venus promises you the
moon and the stars on Monday and disappears on Tuesday; chances are they have
promised the same thing to someone else. (Compatible
Venus signs are: Aries, Sagittarius and Leo. Wild Card would be Aquarius
Leo Venus: Leo loves the glamour and the grandiose
declarations. They will choose their partners and show them off to the world
with genuine pride. Their partners are an extension of them. Unlike Aries and
Sagittarius, Leo is a fixed sign, so they will be a bit more…loyal. After all,
Leo is ruled by the Sun and their ego is tied to their partner, so they want
someone committed and loyal to them, someone who will stick by them and make
them flourish. The lion needs a lioness that will rule with them. Leo Venus,
you like to give your lover the attention they need. You go out of your way to
send loving messages and make them feel special. You also want your partner to
reciprocate every once in a while, as well. The Leo Venus partner can get
overwhelming when they become self-absorbed (more so than the norm) and it is
up to their partner to bring them back to reality and learn to be a bit more
humble. (Compatible Venus signs are: Aries,
Sagittarius and Leo. Wild Card would be Capricorn & Libra)
Water Signs want the beautiful fairy tale romance.Searching for a Prince or Princess.
Pisces Venus: Venus is exalted in Pisces, so it is not
surprising that you are the best match for everyone. Shy Pisces Venus will
rarely chase after someone that they are attracted to, but they will make cute
gestures to be closer to those they have their sights on. Not all elements will
value or understand your great worth because they see you as weak due to your affectionate
nature. You are devoted to your partner, sometimes to the point where you lose
yourself in the relationship. Pisces Venus must learn that they should occasionally
be more selfish in relationships because they will go above and beyond to
satisfy and please without expecting anything in return. This is how Pisces
gets taken advantage of, your natural loving nature gets used to the point where
it makes you doubt yourself. Hold your greatest gift, which is love, and wait
for the person worthy of you. (Compatible
Venus signs are: Pisces, Cancer and Scorpio. Wild Card would be Taurus)
Cancer Venus: The mother in the relationship. Cancer will not
pursue you, she is already magnetic and alluring, so everyone will gravitate
towards her. She will love and care for you, she will be there for you but she will
fight if she is being used. Unlike Pisces, who throws themselves into the
relationship, the Cancer analyses and evaluates. If someone is taking advantage
of you, you are going to push back. Security is important to her, like Taurus
and harmony in her home will take precedence over any tumultuous partnerships.
The Cancer Venus will give you the boot if she deems you unworthy, she will cry
and be in pain but once she has recovered, she will be cold as ice and out of
your life. (Compatible Venus signs are: Pisces,
Cancer and Scorpio. Wild Card would be Taurus & Virgo)
Scorpio Venus: When the Scorpio wants someone, they go for it.
Scorpio loves a challenge. This Venus sign embodies the sensual, alluring and mystic
qualities we all wish we had. There is something about him that pulls everyone
to his direction. He gives off the aura of chaos and harmony and he will bring
the boisterous times for those that are ill prepared. Scorpio Venus is the
detective and he will test you to see if you are worthy, but these tests can
become psychologically painful since no one can read the Scorpio or know what
is brewing in their mind. Scorpio, you do not trust anyone and it does not
matter how perfect your partner may be, you will never feel content. However,
once you open up and give yourself to their love, the wave of emotions might dissipate.
(Compatible Venus signs are: Pisces,
Cancer and Scorpio. Wild Card would be Aries, Capricorn & Virgo)
Air Signs seek the innovators. A romance on the intellectual level.
Aquarius Venus: You are fickle when you are courting
people. She will court the person she wants and she will captivate them with her
eccentricities. This is the sign that enjoys technology and aesthetics. The
Aquarius Venus wants to take lots of pictures with their lover. They enjoy
showing them off on social media sites and they are the types to amass
countless photos of their previous relationships. She lives in the past, the
present and wants to eagerly see what the future has in store for her. A
partner that is able to give her freedom of expression, loyalty and stability
will be someone she admires. Aquarius will run free, her logical façade will shatter,
and she will feel depressed if her partner does not make her feel valued and
cherished. Although Aquarius will never express these thoughts, as a fixed sign
they crave stability and loyalty. (Compatible
Venus signs are: Aquarius, Gemini and Libra. Wild Card would be Aries &
Gemini Venus: Much like Sagittarius, the Gemini is hard
to catch. He does not want to be controlled, he needs his freedom and independence.
Geminis will make the first move and they will be shameless about it. Communication
drives them, so expect endless hours texting or talking on the phone. As long
as you can mentally stimulate the Gemini, they are yours to command. What pushes
them away are ignorant people. If you are not the intellectual type, they might
lose interest fast and their eyes will wander. The Gemini Venus needs to have a
partner that bounces information to them constantly. The more you know, the
better. They have a short attention span, so someone spontaneous and
intelligent will always keep them glued. It is also easy for Gemini Venus to
use people for sex, even if they do not have an intellectual connection.
However, they will use the person temporarily until someone else can captivate
their minds. (Compatible Venus signs are:
Aquarius, Gemini and Libra. Wild Card would be Aries & Leo)
Libra Venus: Libra sits comfortably in Venus, because
this is her ruling planet. She loves beauty, luxury, comfort and diplomacy. Libra
does not court anyone, they all go to her. Those with this placement will have
beautiful qualities that will serve as a magnet, drawing in potential
candidates like honey. She does not do well when her harmony is destroyed; after
all, her sign is represented by the scales. She needs to feel safe and nurtured
because if there is a wave of chaos brewing, she will likely pull a
disappearing act. The Libra Venus can easily get depressed when she feels that
she is not being cared for or valued. She will grow bitter and angry if she is
in a toxic relationship, channeling her sister sign, Aries. A Libra that has been
pushed to the limit will be harboring a rage that is unmatched and a fury that
frightens. She is gentle and kind, committed and loving. Libra knows her worth
and although she will never outright demand respect, she will manipulate you
into thinking that you do. (Compatible Venus
signs are: Aquarius, Gemini and Libra. Wild Card would be Leo & Sagittarius)
(for invisibility; works similiarly to a glamour when maintained)
here’s aaaaall the sigils i’ve made in my (almost!) six months of study as a witch! feel free to use any or all of them as you like! (click images for annotations on my personal intent while creating them)
STOP SCROLLING. READ ALL OF THIS PLEASE. I’m upset. And you should be too.
The fact that repealing net neutrality is even a possiblity of what could happen really upsets me. And I don’t get upset easily.
Let me tell you why.
Repealing net neutrality would mean that people would have to pay more for access to the internet. And that price is determined by each individual provider. More for YouTube. More for Google. More for Twitter. More for Tumblr. And not everybody can afford that.
Repealing net neutrality would deeply and negatively affect numerous amounts of people. I feel like I can’t form a strong enough sentence to really express how utterly terrible this could be.
Suicides would skyrocket. Hotlines and websites that offer support to those suffering through mental illness would become unavailable to those who are struggling the most.
Animals would be killed. There are websites of shelters and rescues that work towards saving animals. They wouldn’t be able to broadcast what they do and the animals would suffer form it.
Small businesses would suffer. They wouldn’t be able to get the word out about their business through the internet and suffer for it. Not to meantion charities who get the all or majority of their donations through the internet. Should we have countless charities suffer just because not everyone can afford access to the internet?
Social media would become harder to access. This means that relationships would get cut off. Artists become unable to share their work. Friends would be lost. Writers and content creators would loose their platforms on which they can create and get inspired. Some people’s income (like youtubers) comes from their social media platform. They would loose a great portion of their audience and their paycheck would take a big hit. Online shops such as etsy and ebay would become harder to access and therefore people loose that money. Not to mention, I believe Trump puts out his words through tweets. People would loose their way to connect with what’s going on in the world and //their own country//.
People would loose their voice. People are already being stifled because they’re fighting for net neutrality. I learned that Tumblr is deleting posts and unfollowing people from the tag. We have our right to this. We shouldn’t be shut down for speaking. Over social media, people can make a fuss about things they care about and stand up for themselves.
People would have to pay more for emails. That means that people could loose a way of getting in contact with their senators and representatives. Not only that, valuable information from school systems and teachers comes through email. Teachers wouldn’t have to same opportunity to contact parents or students with information as to the course and important events such as upcoming tests or after school activities.
Thousands maybe millions of people would loose access to their interests. I love musical theatre. I want to do it for the rest of my life and no matter if I’m doing a show or not, I watch videos on YouTube, I read articles on google, I search everything I can on social media about shows. I can see clips of shows, and can read an article about tips and tricks, I can follow my favorite people, I can be informed on what shows are new and upcoming, I can listen to my favorite songs over and over again. I can do all this because of net neutrality. If we loose net neutrality, I can loose a community that I love to the bottom of my heart. It’s not only me, there’s people who create and share art, write stories, novels even, research things that they’re truly passionate about and it’d all be lost without net neutrality.
Not everyone could afford to simply “Google it” because Google would become more to pay for. This decreases a vast number of people’s access to knowledge and information. Students would struggle without sources on their school work. I, for one, use Google if I don’t understand how to do something in class or preparing for a test or to find a source for a research project or to find the definition of a word because not everybody understands Shakespearean language right off the bat.
An access to the internet helps people feel like their aren’t alone. To know and understand that people are going through the same things as you are, that you’re not weird by doing what you do, and that your thoughts and opinions and sense of self are perfectly valid and even encouraged is wonderful and relieving and in some cases life saving. I don’t know if I’d be here today without this sense of community. Net neutrality means the world to millions of people. DONT LET IT BE LOST. Fight to keep net neutrality, please, I beg of you. Write letters, send emails, call (that’s the fastest and most impactful way), educate yourself about what this is and why there’s so many people that are fighting for this.
Contact your local senators and representatives. Contact anyone who you can find that has a say in keeping net neutrality. Fight for it. Please.
There are so many resources out there and I’m really sorry I can’t link to any posts out there but trust me you can find the net neutrality posts out there cause we are never backing down.
They vote on December 14th. Fight for net neutrality. Do something. Or you can ignore this and keep scrolling, but unless you have the money, you might not be able to keep scrolling forever if net neutrality is repealed.
I used to take an even spread of both disciplines - two science subjects (biology and chemistry) and two humanities subjects (legal studies and economics), then dropped both humanities and kept both sciences. Then I went on a two-week science camp in January and enjoyed it so much that I want to study science (Bachelor of Science Advanced AND Honours!) at university, undertake postgraduate science study and do science research for a career. That, and the fact that today’s photo is my biology notes (wrote notes on meiosis to help myself understand it better in preparation for my test on Friday), hopefully answers today’s big question without me even having to explicitly state which subject I prefer.
(just in case you don’t know: I flipping love science. 100% certified science nerd. I would take 14 units of science if I could and I want to live in a lab for the rest of my life. I know this all sounds a little weird but pls just let me indulge my passions omg science is literally the best!!!)
- Lucetta is the voice of reason
- precocious peasant wants an education
- men are pugs (not pigs, pugs)
- Mr Pickle is in a pickle
- who wood leave these logs in a swamp?
- [jazz hands]
- the one thing everyone prepared for was Not On The Test
- “what are receipts?”
The Splatoon 2 Global Testfire starts tomorrow at Noon PT.
To help prepare test subjects, we’ve created these controls & weapon overviews:
Research can be conducted with either a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller or Joy-Con controllers. Or even on-the-go in handheld mode (assuming you have a strong wireless Internet connection).
Also, don’t forget that an important step in the scientific method is to make observations. We recommend capturing your findings with the Capture button on the Joy-Con or Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, then later sharing it with your peers in the scientific community. When publishing your research, use the octothorp symbol (#) followed by “Splatoon2” or “Testfire.”
Hey, guys, since I just made the second last exam of the semester, I decided to create a post where I will explain a bit how I get prepare for an exam, specifically for the oral tests. So…let’s start:
★ 1. Planning materials and hours of study.
The first thing I do when I have to prepare myself for an exam is get hold of the program of study and then calculate the time that could potentially use to study everything and repeat. So in this case I recommend that you do not arrive at the last second, but start as soon as possible to collect the study material. I personally started studying at least one month before the exam takes place, if we speak of course of oral exam. For already written it is different, because I, personally, can pass a test written just reading many times the topics to bring . But then again, it depends from person to person, so … take your agenda or your calendar and start to establish which days or hours where you can devote yourself to the study, and once established it tries to respect your program , but rest assured, it’s not a problem if sometimes jump!
★ 2. Organize your notes.
Another important thing to do before you really start to study is to place the notes taken during the lessons.You can fix them or from time to time, or all at once when you have finished all the lessons. The right thing to do would be the first, but I do not always succeed, especially because often my university classes end up about six o'clock in the evening, so I get home not before seven.
★ 3. Read your textbook and highlights the most important things, helping with the notes, then unite it all.
Here I don’t think there needs to be an explanation, usually I’m used to help me with the notes I previously organized, so that I both easier to read and understand what are the most important things to learn. Usually I join the notes taken in class with the textbook doing a summary or by writing in pencil on the book, it depends on the amount of notes. I also use a lot of highlighters of different colors to highlight, of course, each of them has different meanings depending on use and color.
★ 4. Repeat aloud.
Regarding this point i don’t think there is much to say; usually I repeat aloud to better fix things and above all helps me a lot to prepare for the oral.
★ 5. Review.
Regarding the revision I’m used to repeat aloud, but above all to do mind maps or summary, however, I recommend these methods especially for written exams.
TIPS TO OVERCOME ANXIETY PRE-EXAM
Another thing I wanted to deal with is the question of anxiety, I suffer and I wanted to tell you a bit ‘my tricks to “overcome”.
★ 1. Estrange the mind.
The first thing I can tell you to do before you do anything else is to alienate the mind. In moments of leisure, stay away from the study, thinks of nothing else, watch a movie or a funny television series, go out with friends, read a book or whatever makes you relax. This will help you above all not to go under stress, and it is important for your mental health.
★ 2. Don’t drink coffe.
Before an exam is important not to drink coffee, or who does not drink too much, at least for me. The coffee, in fact, even if it has the property to raise the level of concentration, can also, if taken in excessive doses bring a widespread state of anxiety as well as insomnia. This could result in a bad performance on the exam day (what we do not).A good substitute is the green or black tea.
★ 3. Chamomile or Calming herbal teas.
This more than advice is my pre-exam ritual. In fact, usually, when I am particularly anxious or scared for an exam, I like to drink a chamomile or calming herbal tea, or a simple red fruit tea. Help to calm down and let me rest.
★ 4. Inhale and Exhale.
Another tip is to breathe. It happened to me sometimes to have some mild panic attacks before an exam, so before you take medication, you should simply exhale and inhale slowly filling and emptying the stomach, this way your mind will become calm.
★ 5. Believe in yourself.
Last but not least, believe in yourself. You are your only limit, and only you can overcome them. Only you know what you did and what you’re worth, so do not make you throw down, life is a great challenge!