HI babies 💕,
On the plane from LA and I am glad I waited to write this post because RF definitely validated my tips. At the beginning of our relationship, I used to get so nervous when it came to shopping in person with bae. Those judgmental old cunt sales women in designer stores, not knowing designer brands or pronunciation, and not dressing appropriately. So here are some of my tips!
1. Search your shopping location and grasp an idea of the fashion. Dress like his young wife not his college-years mistress. There’s no hiding our youth and we shouldn’t but we have the ability to deliver it on a silver platter. In Beverly Hills, I wore my Prada wedges and a simple white dress from Zara. Instead of being ignored by sales reps, I was catered to as MRS. The dress code in Beverly Hills differs a lot compared to Bal Harbor in FL.
2. Learn the names of designer brands especially if you’re requesting them 😂. No saying “baby can I have a (GIV-UN-CHEE) bag.” Don’t embarrass yourself.
3. Research sales taxes in your state and consider shipping it to your home state instead of walking out of the store. Yesterday in store, I said baby we can ship it home because we won’t pay LA sales taxes. He said it was brilliant because we saved more than $400 in taxes 🙌🏼. These men will appreciate your respect for their money.
4. You do not need designer to kill the game and these men NOTICE your respect for money. You do not always have to take it because you can. There have been many situations where RF has taken me shopping and I have left with nothing because I am not an impulsive buyer. He tells me I’m difficult when it comes to spending and that he wishes I was more willing to do so. No need to be as frugal as I am of course ladies. Yesterday when I saw a bag I liked, immediately he said lets get it and gave in his card and he asked if it was near 10k. I laughed and I said I would never buy a bag for 10k lol. He then said I would be surprised because his exes would jump on that in a second. My point is these men notice your hunger for money and designer things so sometimes it’s nice to surprise them. I think this works best in a spoiled girlfriend situation.
5. Write a shopping list. THIS helps so fucking much especially in stores that do not cater to men aka Sephora. I always write a shopping list and prioritize to ensure I can be quick and decisive.
Getting so excited for New Year’s Eve this year! Hope you all have fun plans too! One of my goals this New Year’s Eve is to keep my shoes on the whole night. As gorgeous as stilettos are, when it comes to dancing the night away, you have to go with something a bit more practical. But, really, who wants to sacrifice comfort for style? Luckily, you don’t have to! Wedges, platforms and sparkly flats are a fantastic alternative to traditional heels. I’ve put together some of my top picks which will keep your feet comfy and chic long past midnight.