Okay so Sarah (@nessiansmut) and I officially moved into the loony bin last night after the whole Elriel/Elucien debate got too much for us and we started considering Nezriel (yes, that’s Nesta and Azriel) and we sorta ended up building a ship - crackship, but still - from scratch. Without further ado, we give you Nezriel:
- they understand each other’s darkness: him being locked in that cell/dungeon and her drowning in the cauldron. She realises that he understands what she’s feeling in a way the others can't
- both of their powers came to them after being trapped in the dark
- if Nesta was snarky with him, he’d sass her right back and she’d be taken aback to hear that coming from him. After that happens they end up making out
Nesta was completely surprised because wtf just happened. She doesn’t like him like that and he certainly doesn’t like her like that.
- Azriel doesn’t go to the house after that for a few days because he shouldn’t be having these feelings towards her. He’s pretty sure Cassian is in love with her.
but there’s a clear difference between romantic attraction and sexual attraction and she can’t lie she’s attracted to his brooding silent tall dark and handsome thing and wants to see if it’s just a front or not
and he’s secretly so turned on by her fierceness and anger
- so he acts out and attacks Eris at the high lord meeting because everyone thinks he’s into Mor. And he is she’s hot but not like what he’s feeling for Nesta.
and Nesta knows deep down she cares about Cassian but she can’t deny the strange sexual tension between her and Az
the fact that the whole thing is a secret and NEEDS to stay a secret makes it even more exciting
imagine one catching the other looking at them at dinner with everyone from the inner circle around
Cassian is just always there always touching her and he just can’t.
Az would get so possessive even though Nesta isn’t hers and Cass probably has a lot more reasons to touch her than he does but that doesn’t mean her doesn’t DESPERATELY want to touch her
He’d reach his shadows under the table to touch her just once. Not even sexual just to see if he was the only one feeling this way.
And when she feels that shadow touch her leg her eyes just lock onto his and suddenly you can cut the tension in the room with a knife. Just as he’s surprised that she looked at him and starts pulling the shadow away from her she subtly stretches her leg so it brushes up against the shadow again
- they’re basically playing shadow footsie under the table
he saved Elain because he knew how devastated Nesta would be if something happened to her. ‘I’m getting her back.’ was meant as reassurance and a promise to Nesta
- and that’s why he spends time with her. He knows that if Elain gets better it will bring Nesta some piece of mind. And when she gets better he starts subtly asking her questions about Nesta to find out more about her
- and that fire on Nesta’s drawer wasn’t fire for the autumn court or Cassian’s siphons. It was fire for the scars on Azriel’s hands.
- so the inner circle are all hanging out and the conversation kinda takes an unexpected turn and Az is telling her and Elain the story of how he got the scars on his hands and his childhood and everything and nesta just goes utterly still with rage but she can’t really react too much but she’s so mad and won’t stop looking at him and afterwards she catches him alone and tells him that those who did that to him deserve to die
and the conversation is short and basically consists of them just saying that they care about each other in EXTREMELY subtle ways
- Az starts teaching her Illyrian. And because he knows she likes to read he gives her the books he read as a children.
She’d be subtly letting words slip in Illyrian during conversations
and he’d be so turned on when she speaks Illyrian. They’d be like feysand writing secret notes but in Illyrian so that if Feyre ever saw them she would just think that its spy messages
- they have their lessons in the library and it’d be the only time they really spend alone cause they have the lessons as an excuse
- in wings and embers Nesta was super pissed Cassian showed up because normally Azriel was the one that delivered the letters.
- In ACOWAR Azriel was about to object to bringing Nesta to the court of nightmares and when Nesta asks him about the fate of the queens his damn siphons smolder
Azriel comes to rescue Feyre from Nessian but it was really so that he could see a riled up Nesta and he is so mad that Cass can just casually flirt with her while he has to keep his emotions in check. But then she shuts Cassian down and it turns him on so much
- Good thing he has great self control or else he’d jump her right there consequences be damned
- he is an extremely jealous bat and he’d tell Nesta about having the biggest wingspan after he sees Cassian flirting with her. Anytime Cass hits on her his shadows tell him and he just drops a magic note to her with some sassy bitter I’m better than him crap and he’d make sure that the next time him and Cass fly off from near her she sees the wingspan comparison
- they would have really hot sex after all that sexual tension though. His shadows would be holding her hands above her head when they fuck against the wall. Az would be used to taking control and Nesta would simply refuse to let him do it
Conclusion: it’s a beautiful ship and it’s meant to be and I’m currently writing Nezriel smut so you’re welcome