- New Cabal Faction and enemies and weaponry.
- Vex still around; seem to have upgraded their armor/look
- Weapon slots changed
- Kinetic slot will be Kinetic weapons. Found where Primaries currently go.
- Energy slot for the energy (elemental) weapons. Found where Secondaries currently go
- Power Slot for “Power” weapons. Found where Heavies currently go.
- Both Kinetic and Enegery weapons can be the same weapon type. You can have TWO Handcannons if you wanted.
- Grenade Launchers and SMGs confirmed
- “A pile of new Exotics”
- Drivable Tanks! Like, actual tanks this time.
- Sparrows return
- “Way more to do than any game ever made by Bungie”
- Emotes make a return! Some are even recognizable from Destiny 1
- New Strikes!
- One new Raid
- In-game Lore confirmed
- More cinematics that all of Destiny 1 combined.
- Numerous amounts of story quests and missions
- The Campaign is called “The Red War”, the first mission is called Homecoming.
- New and reworked Subclasses
- Warlock’s Dawnblade
- Engulf yourself in flames and reign down fire upon your enemies with a mighty sword
- Titan’s Sentinel
- Use the void to form a shield to protect you and your allies or hurl your shield at your enemies
- Hunter’s Arcstrider
- Call upon lightning as you acrobatically slice your spear through your enemies.
- 4v4 across all game modes; rescaled to accommodate this change
- The reason given: “To improve readability while you’re playing in PvP and to make it both more competitive and also more interesting for players to get into.”
- New game modes
- Countdown: An assault-defend type game mode
- New maps!
- New HUD shows enemies with supers and Power weapons
- Big improvments
- Launch any activity without having to leave to orbit
- Patrols still a thing
- Treasure maps!
- Implied to be able to chose a landing zone
- NPCs out in the wilds!
- Public Events; some with Heroic difficulties
- Hidden dungeon-like areas called Lost Sectors
- New map system!
- New locations!
- Io, moon of Jupiter
- Titan, moon of Saturn
- Nessus, named after a consellation
- European Deadzone confirmed! Twice the size of any location in Destiny 1
Guided Games and Clans
- Clans are IN Destiny 2!
- In-game rosters
- Custom banner
- Shared reward system
- Guided Games
- Essentially an in-game LFG type of feature
- Matchmake for Raid, Nightfall, and Trials of Osiris
- Solo players can queue up with a clan that is looking to fill a spot!